This needs to stop!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
The Bulldogs have apparently signed all 3 of the talented Mata’utia brothers from Newcastle ... starting from 2016. So they play all next year with the Knights but have the chance to change their minds before round 13. This is happening more and more often and is just not a good look for the game. I have zero confidence in the administration to be strong enough to put the opinions of the fans ahead of the clubs and player managers to fix it.

Geez I read the title and had flasbacks of my mother storming into my room in my youth !:p:blush:

Simply it should be a transfer window starting on the Monday after the grand final for the following season (as well as a two week period at the end of June for mid season transfers)

Penalties should be severe and include a loss of competition points for those who tap up players outside of this period as well as not registering the player to said club

This saves us from the current nonsense, but also keeps NRL in the news in the off season

Newcastle being run by the NRL...no conflict of interest in that ...absolute joke...smells of Greenturd yet again.

Masked Eagle said:
The Bulldogs have apparently signed all 3 of the talented Mata’utia brothers from Newcastle ... starting from 2016. So they play all next year with the Knights but have the chance to change their minds before round 13. This is happening more and more often and is just not a good look for the game. I have zero confidence in the administration to be strong enough to put the opinions of the fans ahead of the clubs and player managers to fix it.

Its because Wayne Bennett is not there now and they want to be under a good coach. The Doggies have plenty of $$$$ to throw around

NRL Infinite (All NRL news,rumours and signings)
1 hr ·
Canterbury have pulled off a stunning grand final week coup with three of the game’s rising stars - Newcastle brothers Sione, Chanel and Pat Mata’utia - agreeing to long-term deals with the Bulldogs.
Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/bulldogs-steal-matautia-brothers-15152/

In the final rounds I watched a sports report that states how Newcastle really wanted to hang onto these brothers. The club is battling. Bulldogs swooping is so unfair.
Trying to get the Islander version of the Burgi. I dislike Greenberg and his dogs more everyday. As long as he's in control the doggies will do what they like.

The dogs are trying to relive the Mortimer and Hughes brothers era.

If this is the case if I'm the Knights I tell the brothers not to bother turning up and that they are not welcome all season next year. Continue to pay them, but don't develop them any further to benefit the dogs the year after.

It's wrong. Clubs that have spent money nurturing local juniors should be compensated either by salary cap 'bonuses' or paid by the poachers. Easts are the worst, but the Scumdogs are quickly catching up. Do they have any juniors playing in their top 17?

MWSE said:
If this is the case if I'm the Knights I tell the brothers not to bother turning up and that they are not welcome all season next year. Continue to pay them, but don't develop them any further to benefit the dogs the year after.

To get back at the Bulldogs, they should release them and say they can play for anyone next season apart from the Bulldogs (a la Jamie Lyon when he left Parra).

MWSE said:

But how does this benefit the Knights? They are weaker with no real benefit.

Players should be able to leave when they like with some form of transfer system in place. The only catch being each club should have a transfer cap (in addition to the salary cap) to stop stock piling of talent

I have no issue with this. It helps all concerned with planning their rosters. The further in advance clubs know who is either coming or going the better. At least the Knights now know they need to be in the market for some outside backs. Better than missing on other potential players as these guys have not committed etc next year only to announce they are leaving next July.

Knights CEO said this is not the case.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/newcastle-matautia-brothers-not-going-to-canterbury-bulldogs-matt-gidley-20140930-10nyz1.html

Newcastle Mata'utia brothers not going to Canterbury Bulldogs: Matt Gidley

Knights CEO Matt Gidley has dismissed reports that Canterbury have signed Newcastle's Mata'utia brothers – Sione, Chanel and Pat – to long-term deals starting in 2016.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/newcastle-matautia-brothers-not-going-to-canterbury-bulldogs-matt-gidley-20140930-10nyz1.html#ixzz3ElcqZLAV

I dunno...something about not believing everything you read+the kieran forum

Good news if they're not going to the dogs. Better for their moral development :)

The Who said:
It's wrong. Clubs that have spent money nurturing local juniors should be compensated either by salary cap 'bonuses' or paid by the poachers. Easts are the worst, but the Scumdogs are quickly catching up. Do they have any juniors playing in their top 17?

All well and good TW, but the Rooters will rightly point to the fact that their pool of junior talent is miniscule compared to that of, say, Penrith or Newcastle.

I actually think the whole set up of junior league needs to be redone and taken out of the control of the clubs. Some clubs just have too much too look after to do it properly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4