This judicery is an OUTRAGE!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
So is my spelling on the title but please continue....
How Ah Mau the Illawarra prop who came in with a swinging arm on Snowden knocking him senseless gets off without missing a game is ridiculous.....
If he breaks the blokes jaw its 10 plus weeks plus, so its judged by the damage , not the action...
A Raiders player Edrik Lee trips a bloke & this is 1 week where its usually an auto 4 plus & Blake Austin though a pretty fair style of player, comes up with an awkward tackle way past the horizontal saved by Cooper using his elbows instead of his head to land - maybe 1-2 weeks......none.

THis panel who make the calls is the most inconsistent, unreliable group ever assembled.

I am surprised by the Lee and Austin decisions. Both looked bad to me at the time. I personally want the Raiders in the 8 (after Manly of course) but there is no way I thought they would beat this so easily. There is no reason to lift one leg like that, and the trip was almost a send off. You nailed it maxta..

Come to think of it...have we had anyone suspended this season? Must be the least number of weeks I can remember...not even Skivi!

Come to think of it...have we had anyone suspended this season? Must be the least number of weeks I can remember...not even Skivi!
Horo got a couple from memory.

How did Kane Evens get away with his shoulder charge on the cheap watch?

And Kingdog got suspended for one against the Speels last year that everyone missed until the match review came up with a phantom charge......

A line in the sand has been drawn. Any shoulder charge from now should escape punishment. I bet it doesn't though.

If a shoulder charge doesn't make contact with the head then a penalty should be sufficient. Hopefully they can be consistent on this. History says they wont.

And how many shoulder charges that haven't made contact with the head have still seen players suspended in recent years since Inglis' hit on Dean Young?

I'm actually quite annoyed that Steve Folkes keeps getting the video ref's position in our games. You'll find we get no 50/50 decisions with him, and he'll take as many replays as he can to screw us over.

What a joke !!

1- Hasson on BoChoc 3 wks
6 - Buhrer on Plum 1 wk
8 - Skivi was outed for a week for touching Ceccin's jersey and Chambers tackle
13-Horo on Boyd 1 wk
19-Sao challenged for dangerous throw on ?? and got off

I think the judiciary is on holidays this week. If the law against shoulder charges is not to be enforced then we now have an example of that should anyone else be charged. Edrick Lee should have got at least 2 weeks for the most blatant trip and all year any suggestion of a lifting tackle is normally 2 weeks. Again no consistency and it really is a lottery there and again Greenturd is unaccountable over this!

No way should there have been a charge on Kane Evans, never came close to touching the head
Evans had his right arm bent across his own body and led with his shoulder. Exactly what constitutes a shoulder charge as redefined by the NRL 2 years ago.

Contact with the head was always illegal.

Ackerman died from the whiplash resulting from the same illegal tackle, his head was not hit either.

Just another inconsistent ruling by the MRC :mad:

It was a textbook shoulder charge, that doesn't mean that it should be suspended, and if this is the way forward from here then i am very happy with it

I won't bring the young guys death into it

It was a textbook shoulder charge, that doesn't mean that it should be suspended, and if this is the way forward from here then i am very happy with it

I won't bring the young guys death into it
But for the past 2 years, every other Player has been suspended for what Evans did.

You can ignore Ackerman's death, but his tackler was suspended for 8 weeks for the shoulder charge too.

It's a fact and not a reaction by the NRL as they changed to legality of the tackle 2 years ago.@:cool:

People are just mystified why the Sandow hit on Morris got 2 weeks, but the Evans hit resulted in a cautionary note.@:rolleyes:

IMO should never be a suspension unless contact is made with the head, if they want to keep on with this ridiculous rule about shoulder charges being a penalty, then a penalty is sufficient for shoulder to chest contact. Not every one has be suspended and that shows the consistency issue we have, but I'm happy to move forward with this ruling from now on if they are consistent with it. I loved the Sandow hit as well, although it could be classed as a touch late

Ackermans death was a terrible event and not a fan of bringing it into the shoulder charge debate, much like I don't like Phil Hughes being brought into any cricket debate

I do agree with you about the inconsistency and being frustrating, I'm probably more coming from the fans angle that wants to see entertainment like that hit on Friday night that had me up out of my seat, as did JWH efforts in the same game with ball in hand. Fans love seeing a bit of power play

Last edited:
If Evens' hit on Kasiano is the way forward and shoulder charges that don't make contact with the head is the way to go, then I am all for it. I never agreed with its banning in the first place and thought it was nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to Inglis laying out Dean Young.

However, I still question this because of how many players have been suspended for exactly what Evens did. Why all of a sudden is it being let go?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2