This is the game to turn us around

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
If we can't put 5-6 tries on in 80 minutes against this rabble we are kidding ourselves. No more grind it outs against this team. Running the footy that gets us cheering again.
Parra:
1. They have nothing to play for as season already over.
2. Parra average 30 points against!!
3. They have won only 3 games out of 14!
4. At Brookie away on a cold Monday night
5. We have to turn our season around and show the NRL we still have it.
6. Hayne doubtful
7. No excuses playing Sandow, Maitua, Ben Roberts, Keating, Harrison, Lussick and Fui Fui.

This is it Tooves!! Time for your boys to massacre Parra and make a big statement that don't forget us.

We will win this game but to be honest it wont tell us much.The week after will- playing a weakened cows away without DCE and Choc.
That game will test the desire factor which I am worried about as per that other thread.

Darren said:
If we can't put 5-6 tries on in 80 minutes against this rabble we are kidding ourselves. No more grind it outs against this team. Running the footy that gets us cheering again.
Parra:
1. They have nothing to play for as season already over.
2. Parra average 30 points against!!
3. They have won only 3 games out of 14!
4. At Brookie away on a cold Monday night
5. We have to turn our season around and show the NRL we still have it.
6. Hayne doubtful
7. No excuses playing Sandow, Maitua, Ben Roberts, Keating, Harrison, Lussick and Fui Fui.

This is it Tooves!! Time for your boys to massacre Parra and make a big statement that don't forget us.

Beating the wooden spooners will hardly be making a statement. It's expected.

A big flogging will make people at least notice as everyone I talk to have forgotten about us and only talk about the three.

Darren said:
A big flogging will make people at least notice as everyone I talk to have forgotten about us and only talk about the three.

Who cares what other people talk about. Under the radar is way better IMO.

If the players go out there with this same arrogance as "we must score 5-6 tries" etc, we will be tripped up

No matter how we are traveling, and how they are traveling, these games always tend to end up closer than expected, think back to 2011 when they were near the bottom of the comp and we went on to be premiers, took a last minute try at Brookie to get the win, then at Parra we were in big trouble at halftime before Hicks gifted us a couple of tries

I'll just happily take a win, I don't care if it is 30-12 or 13-12

robbiea said:
Yep ,I think if we lose this one ,the season is as good as over.

David Perry could begin his coach search on Tuesday.

It wont just be a matter of how many tries we score, it'll be the quality of the Manly play. The level of enthusiasm and organisation.

Our finishing needs to have a mature and somewhat ruthless look to it. Not panicky. The 'look and feel' of how they are scored.

Whilst a win is paramount I would prefer to just see improvement and a turn into correcting our recent in game errors rather than a blow out win. We should beat the Eels comfortably if they put in the pea-heart performances they have in the last few weeks, but with the traditional rivalry as well as a couple of ex Manly players in the team in wouldn't surprise me if they put up more of a fight.

susan said:
We will win this game but to be honest it wont tell us much.The week after will- playing a weakened cows away without DCE and Choc.
That game will test the desire factor which I am worried about as per that other thread.

The cowgirls will be worse off without Thurston, Scott and Tamou

For some reason our recent matches with Parra have been close. I'm sure they lift when playing us. We always think it will be an easy win, but it rarely is.
I'm fearful that the crowd at Brookie on Monday night will be small, so that won't help our team. I'll be there, but I reckon there will be plenty of space on the hill.
I hate Monday night matches.

lsz said:
So it not enough to win? It needs a look and feel?

Jesus

Yeah ?

But seriously, Yes it does. The team needs a confidence boost and so do the manly fans, and so do the ticket collectors (crowd estimates well down), the TV stations, and the coach.

A one point win could do the same

What I struggle with here is the fact we

1. Have not been "smashed" when losing games
2. Have significant injury problems

Yes we do not tolerate mediocrity but some of the knee jerk reactions , including calling for an increase in the "vibe of the thing" are just over the top

As fans we are used to winning the comp or going close so I think the reaction is based on the fact that unless we can find a way to score points we will just be a nuisance factor come the semis,if indeed we make the 8.

We are miles behind in terms of strike at the moment and need a decent run without injuries. One more major injury and you can put the cue in the rack.

To be honest if the Bunnies were wearing purple jerseys they would be 1.80 to win the comp, not the price they are.But one major injury to Burgess or Inglis and they come right back to the pack.

An ugly close win will get us the 2 points, but it will not get us out of our malaise. Keeping them tryless will help. A couple of pretty tries scored by Snake would do it.

Nothing breeds success like success. Whilst a real good solid performance would be great, the major thing is getting the 2 points, this week....then next...then next. Then feel that snowball building as we hit the semis!

If we don't win by a record score then no point in turning up for the rest of the season.

Any player who doesn't bag a double should be dropped to Belrose for the rest of the season and shopped around.

Fluffy said:
If we don't win by a record score then no point in turning up for the rest of the season.

Any player who doesn't bag a double should be dropped to Belrose for the rest of the season and shopped around.

If they get beaten by Parra, what makes you think Belrose would take them?!

It's funny how some of you think we have the two points in the bag already.
On paper we should beat Parra quiet comfortably but our recent form is pretty much ****e.
Parra always lift their game when they play us so they won't be no easy beats. I'll be happy with a 1 point win and just get the two bloody points.
If we lose this game then that'll do me for the rest of the season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4