THIS IS NOT MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem is injuries. Once our backline gets back to full strength and everyone else goes into Origin camp we should be fine.

Our draw is also very tough! Cowboys RD9 and Broncos RD10. Are you kidding me???

This game never happened! Let's smash the Sharks next week!
Yes our draw is very tough but when the going gets tough the tough get going and that is the difference between the average coached teams and the "A" coached teams.
Barrett had a competitive backline that consisted of the best young prospect in Tom T . Killer and NZ international Brown including internationals Walker and DCE but he failed to get them going. I expected us to be competetive tonight but we were completely out classed .

Really disappointed for the team, injuries, 5 day turnarounds and Barretts stupid coaching plan of walker at 5/8 has killed us. Walker has shown he is a world class centre and will not be becoming a 5/8. We need a to move Lyon to 5/8 ASAP! Lyon is getting beaten by forwards now which is not a good sign glad he has retired because another year would have killed us. Our recruits have been wasted in poor positional changes. Scott penn is a better option at 5/8 than walker he makes the attack clunky and can't handle big boppers in defence. Taupau is suffering from lack of quality ball from walker. But it was a nice kick from walker to set Marty up. Other than that Taupau barley saw anything from walker. We need a whole team reshuffle if we are to turnaround the team form, we face Sharks which we won't be winning, then raiders and panthers which i suspect we will lose also. Solve the issues we have know by moving Lyon to 5/8, walker back to centre. Lussick should start at prop vave was wasted tonight starting, he is an impact player.

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Lyon
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Lussick
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds/Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

As for manly going forward next year is crucial. We have to sign a 5/8, centre, winger and a go to man in the back row for DCE who would love some one he can throw a short ball to or to cover him in defence. Re signings are also crucial, Tafua, Lawrence, Vave, Fonua-Blake are must re signings. Another player clean out gets us nowhere for the future. As for Skivvi and Snake, their days are numbered. I expect both to retire after great career at manly or to head over to Catalans with gifty. 2016 IMO is all but gone we won't be winning our next 3 games and unfortunately I can't see it turning around but I hope I'm wrong.

2017 team if I was in charge of recruiting.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.O'Neill
5.Mansour
6.Norman
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Knight
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
11.Sims
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

18.Meehan
19.Wright

We have lost the manly culture. Simple as that. The fortress is no longer. I wasn't a fan of toovey as a coach but at least he had the manly passion. Yeah nah doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
I was a fan of Tooves as coach. Apart from 2015 where he had the weight of Zorba and the Penns bearing down upon him (the former the equivalent of a woolly mammoth) and the tanking of Foz as well as a substantial portion of the playing unit that had reached its use by date, his record by any measure, was a good one. He had the 2014 GF in the bag until it was gifted to the Chooks by inept refereeing.

Culture is a myth. We won a lot because we had the right players in the right positions at the right time..

Do we now acclaim the broncs or cowboys for having better players or is it culture?

Total fallacy
Culture is the will to win, bleed for your brothers. Indomitable spirit like the anzacs had. You dont have to have the best team you need to have the belief, spirit & faith in you fellow players. A bond that says I wont let you down.

Did we not also have a damn good football team..

The football teams that usually win are also the teams with the 'culture'

Might be a coincidence but usually the better players at that time as well

Culture is a myth. We won a lot because we had the right players in the right positions at the right time..

Do we now acclaim the broncs or cowboys for having better players or is it culture?

Total fallacy
Bull****! Coaching is everything! Great Coaches that understand the game are able to develop good players into great players and give the average players a simple role to carry out. Anyone who has coached league at a decent level can see that Barrett has no structure and the team are completely rudderless. Even with injuries we have a good side, a lot better than last year, but i can't see even small improvement week to week. Its scary.

The problem is injuries. Once our backline gets back to full strength and everyone else goes into Origin camp we should be fine.

Our draw is also very tough! Cowboys RD9 and Broncos RD10. Are you kidding me???

This game never happened! Let's smash the Sharks next week!
Rubbish!!Tooves had injuries last yr.And if you going to whinge about having to play the 1 and 2 then take a look at how they went against 15 and 16,not convincing

Did we not also have a damn good football team..

The football teams that usually win are also the teams with the 'culture'

Might be a coincidence but usually the better players at that time as well
No culture is not just about winning mate. It's about how you play. It's about giving your all. Sometimes you will come up short but if you can say I did my best, we did our best & we gave all we could it's enough.

The title to this thread says it all

At the moment we are not playing like the real Manly we all know and support.

I get we are down on troops , bad draw and new team , new coaching staff but that is no excuse for what we are dishing up at the moment.

Slow ,lethargic and looking like a team which has lost the hunger and a desire to want to play for each other.

Sad to see us fall so quickly this season.

Bull****! Coaching is everything! Great Coaches that understand the game are able to develop good players into great players and give the average players a simple role to carry out. Anyone who has coached league at a decent level can see that Barrett has no structure and the team are completely rudderless. Even with injuries we have a good side, a lot better than last year, but i can't see even small improvement week to week. Its scary.

So it is coaching not culture? We would have a better side without injuries though.

Never said we have a bad team.

Five years ago we had a better team though.

I feel we have also been spoilt by success, many of us don't understand what it really means to suck it up as a supporter. Frankly we can do nothing about decisions made about recruitment - aside from bitching and moaning, but that happens on this site after a 38 game winning streak
I understand what you say but the rubbish peddled out last yr by the Penns about Tooves means that this side has no excuses

Take it easy people. Yes, we were horrible but how many truly thought we were in with a shot tonight. Broncos are one of the benchmark Teams and we are not the first Team they have towelled up this year. We will put in a better performance next week.
I would agree with you if we were more convincing against 15th and 16th

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4