This is my idea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
This just tells me another few years will make him awesome

We all hope that it works out that way, but the evidence so far gives no such indication.

In the top U20's side we had a few years ago Foran was a class above (as was JWH). Same with Hoppa in Toyota Cup last year. You could see those guys had what it takes. DCE was solid, but never anything to write home about.

This is not a bag on DCE, just a reality check for some of the wishful thinking that surrounds DCE on here.

Defence was always what they said was his problem that is now getting more solid

The halves played well tonight, sure DCE is not as good a goal kicker as Lyon or Rodney, but he wasn't bad tonight, he tried hard.

This is when you work with your halves. Not drop them. Agree about relieveing DCE of the kicking duties. He has plenty to be thinking about and this may well help.

Dan, do you recall watching DCE kick that day we watched him playing for Sunny Coast ?

Daniel said:
Defence was always what they said was his problem that is now getting more solid

I think defence is still a problem. Looks like he is struggling with the step up in intensity and physicality of NRL. But at least he is having a dig in defence which suggests in time his defence will improve.

However, what he has always lacked is just that yard or two of pace. That bit of extra zip and footwork that livewire halfbacks have. When he sold Nigel Plum that big dummy, he should have been able to step round the fullback and score under the posts. Barba or Sandow would have. You've either got it or you aint. You can't coach that.

The only thing that I can pick on DCE for on his game is his poor Orford like sideline goal kicking abilities as every time that he has to kick them I am sure that they are going to swing across the uprights and miss getting those extra two points. I agree with everybody else who have said that he should be relieved of those duties or at least just the sideline goal kicking. He needs a lot more sideline kicking practice at training to get his accuracy up to standard to be rewarded with the goal kicking duties at game time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2