This is my idea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
I reckon we need to piss off DCE,sorry but he needs more time to develop his game I just dont think hes up to first grade standard yet,Foran to halfback and then go from there,do some reshuffliing in the backline,possibly glenn to 5/8 as he plays like one anyway,and then we could also fit hoppa and snake into the same team,DCE is young and inexperienced,he needs more time in reggies to develop,then if and when hes ready bring him back into the side perhaps,this will never happen though,i wish dessie would think more out of the box sometimes and take afew risks with team selection.THoughts?

PS i hope im proven wrong and DCE develops into a great player.

chrisos said:
I reckon we need to piss off DCE,sorry but he needs more time to develop his game I just dont think hes up to first grade standard yet,Foran to halfback and then go from there,do some reshuffliing in the backline,possibly glenn to 5/8 as he plays like one anyway,and then we could also fit hoppa and snake into the same team,DCE is young and inexperienced,he needs more time in reggies to develop,then if and when hes ready bring him back into the side perhaps,this will never happen though,i wish dessie would think more out of the box sometimes and take afew risks with team selection.THoughts?

Bit harsh mate and an anti-productive idea. He will improve at a much faster rate in first grade. He will reward us in time.

He is a guy with a lot of talent but just needs the experience to be more decisive.

Nah - how good was his 40-20. DCE looks like he has the skill and he'll keep developing at the top level quickly and be perfectly placed to lead us into the finals.

What's with one loss and sack all the players - way over reaction.

Bad idea. It takes 50 games for a player to truly be comfortable in the top flight. I predict DCE will the Origin half for Queensland within 3-4 years.

Matabele said:
Bad idea. It takes 50 games for a player to truly be comfortable in the top flight. I predict DCE will the Origin half for Queensland within 3-4 years.

Who hAs logged in on matas account it couldn't be him he's making sense for a change

We loss a game and its all DCE's Fault, give me a ****ing break. DCE had a good game, kicked a nice 40/20 and will only get better. Gift had a worse game then DCE but there is none bagging him. I think alot of us would be much happier if DCE was not doing the goal kicking though.

We had Foran and Lyon start in the halves last year and we didn't look anywhere near as dangerous as we do now. They were so much of an attacking threat as a combination that we had more points in us when Hodkinson got the no 7 job.

Surely The 'Q-Cup player of the Year' had equally good experience playing in their division as this year's NSW Cup.
What's the diff? Two years in Q-Cup.
It just shows how much the next division lower (NSW Cup)is out of reach to First Grade NRL.

DCE will develop. Keep him with 4an20 and watch his game improve.

torana355 said:
We loss a game and its all DCE's Fault, give me a ****ing break. DCE had a good game, kicked a nice 40/20 and will only get better. Gift had a worse game then DCE but there is none bagging him. I think alot of us would be much happier if DCE was not doing the goal kicking though.

I agree about Gift. I thought he started the year a bit slow but his last few weeks were much better and i thought he has played himself back into origin contention but he was terrible tonight.

chrisos said:

Maybe we should just relieve him of the goal kicking duties, sure he hasn't been a gun, but he hasn't been terrible either, still only early.

Nonsense!!

DCE played well in a high tempo game. For gods sake he has had 7 first grade games!

We should sack you

More than happy with him, he looked a little lost tonight at times but most of the team did for a period of the game, he is developing well' Having said that, Lyon looked really good when he was in the centre of the field getting his hands on ther ball more and we might see him in the 6 if Foran is out for a while.

Cambo said:
Matabele said:

Who hAs logged in on matas account it couldn't be him he's making sense for a change

Make this your new signature so people can be reminded when it happens.

DCE is going fine. Still filthy at George for shoving him...the kid needs support from his team mates,especially the big bloke.
Someone on here said he had a Johnny Gibbs look about his running style and it really is starting to show. No way you could send him back to reggies now, that'll cruel him.

I think his teammates need to have some confidence in him. He looks very awkward at times when he is running the ball and quite a few times holes do open up except most of our boys are just watching him because they aren't sure what hes trying to do. I'd actually tell Choc and Buhrer to follow him relentlessly and I think it could be a real dangerous combination for us.

Like the others here, if you'd said get rid of his goalkicking duties then I couldn't agree more but don't agree with getting rid of him after only 7 rounds! Yes he's still learning and makes mistakes along the way but he's done a lot of good things in 7 rounds too. Nobody's perfect.

DCE is going very well for only 8 games of first grade, but all this talk of future origin half is just ridiculous. That being said, we need to find a slot in the backline with Stewart coming back (assuming Foran's ok) and in my view, the weakest player at the moment is DCE so he should be one to make way. I'd go with:-

Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Hoppa
Wolfman / Oldfield (in that order when Wolfy's fit)
Lyon
Foran

Jamie looked very dangerous at first receiver on the right side towards the back end of tonights game and I think we need to do better than just push Hoppa out onto the wing.

He looked even better with Lyon helping guide him around.

An experience 5/8 would make his game improve. This just tells me another few years will make him awesome

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6