This is another reason why we can't get sponsors:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I found this snippet in the manly daily

* PR machine grinds up

IT’S only early days, but the Sea Eagles are off to a great start in their endeavours to improve their relationships with the media.

Over the past two seasons in particular, Manly has had a mixed time with some sections of the press, for obvious reasons.

The club’s hierarchy is aware of the need to ensure smooth relations and already things are on the improve.

The performance of young halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran during the week was exceptional.

Let’s hope it continues throughout 2011, win, lose or draw.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blindside-enevers-star-rises/

Flying under the radar and not talking to the media doesn't work. From what's been printed the coin has finally dropped.

Yes for two years the media totally trashed Brett Stewart's reputation and Manly's reputation over allegations which have proven to be unsupportable.

Gallop can also take a big bow.

The club has been very hesitant to throw up talent for interviews much to their bane. We tried many times to get them on our show and had significant problem with the club not wanting them on TV. They have a few guys who can talk well on TV but the club always shoots down requests for them to go to studios and talk. I also think Zorba is part of the issue he is too old school he doesn't understand how modern media works. Hopefully they become more open to media requests if only to give fans more access to the players, cause lets face it we all want to hear out players talk instead of the same media whores from other clubs

Remember the clean skin club that got so much praise for firday night poker ect.

Seems like a distant memory these days.

I think your taking this entire article out of context and riding it around like a high horse,Seige mentality won us the comp a few years ago,the media can go to hell remember the "I was to drunk to remember anything"? **** them

Shane link said:
I think your taking this entire article out of context and riding it around like a high horse,Seige mentality won us the comp a few years ago,the media can go to hell remember the \"I was to drunk to remember anything\"? f**k them

Out of context. The article is pretty much the Manly Daily begging for Manly to stay more open with the media and praising them for putting young halves up for interviews. How can it possible be taken out of context. They have made it well known they have no interest in media over the alst few years and its a plea for that to chage.

Captain of the Gate link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186276.msg312009#msg312009 date=1295248982]
I think your taking this entire article out of context and riding it around like a high horse,Seige mentality won us the comp a few years ago,the media can go to hell remember the \"I was to drunk to remember anything\"? f**k them

Out of context. The article is pretty much the Manly Daily begging for Manly to stay more open with the media and praising them for putting young halves up for interviews. How can it possible be taken out of context. They have made it well known they have no interest in media over the alst few years and its a plea for that to chage.
[/quote]

Can you really blame us after the Brett Stewart debacle? f**k the media they are a pack of lying manipulative merkins

Mind you, maybe it is time we had a new media manager. We had an innovative and forward thinking CEO and the dinosaur faction got their noses out of joint, shafted him and we have mostly loyal but 'old school' management and 'club warriors'.

Canteen Worker link said:
Mind you, maybe it is time we had a new media manager. We had an innovative and forward thinking CEO and the dinosaur faction got their noses out of joint, shafted him and we have mostly loyal but 'old school' management and 'club warriors'.

I agree we need a new media manager but it won't happen as he's related to one of the owners.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186276.msg312017#msg312017 date=1295251445]

[/quote]

Can you really blame us after the Brett Stewart debacle? f**k the media they are a pack of lying manipulative merkins
[/quote]

I work in media, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. I'm not going to do Buzz Rothfield style stories just for the controversy. That being said media is more interested in tabloid than real news in the modern market cause thats what viewers tune in for and readers buy. Blame the audience as much as the media. Car crash TV is the new investigative journalism. Thats why people still care what Lindsay Lohan is doing even though she hasn't worked in about 8 years... by the way how does Lindsay Lohan get enough money for all that booze and blow?

[quote author=Shane link=topic=186276.msg312018#msg312018 date=1295252010]
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186276.msg312017#msg312017 date=1295251445]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I work in media, you can't paint everyone with the same brush. I'm not going to do Buzz Rothfield style stories just for the controversy. That being said media is more interested in tabloid than real news in the modern market cause thats what viewers tune in for and readers buy. Blame the audience as much as the media. Car crash TV is the new investigative journalism. Thats why people still care what Lindsay Lohan is doing even though she hasn't worked in about 8 years... by the way how does Lindsay Lohan get enough money for all that booze and blow?
[/quote]

So lie cheat and steal is the way of the business? Tabloid bull**** is one thing,flatout lying as a media outlet is nothing short of dispicable

Our club selected a person who's prime role was about mediation, and existing staff retention, rather than a salesperson, who could bring in fresh and exciting ideas.

I don't know if you recall me persistently suggesting this may have been the wrong thing to do at the time, and I posed the analogy that we needed someone in the role that could sell, sell, sell.....

But apparently that was negative, because Lowey's a top bloke, and he's Manly frew and frew mate (pass the ciggy's).

Now, what was suggested by me those 16 odd months ago has come to fruition (inability to acquire "the major" corporate partner - job well done with Centerbet though).

Therefore, the decision makers have to live with that, and lie in their own beds. You get what you want sometimes.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186276.msg312023#msg312023 date=1295253618]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So lie cheat and steal is the way of the business? Tabloid bulls**t is one thing,flatout lying as a media outlet is nothing short of dispicable
[/quote]

To be honest I'm not really interested in getting in a flame war on a forum. I'm just telling it like it is, it doesn't make it right or wrong its just the way things are, its what is presented and what audiences are consuming. No use being naive about it.

This post was started to point out that Manly should do more media and I personally would like to see more stories about them. Not every journo is out to destroy someone's image. Sometimes its just a story about the team or how they play football. Its not asking a lot and is a good way to get the club name and sponsor name out while connecting with fans.

DSM5 link said:
I see you're still carrying the torch Canteen. 
If you mean that I am aghast at the 'old guard' who have the potential to love our club to death, I am carrying the torch. Do we present as one of the modern, innovative and progressive clubs that is smart in the way in which we deal with the media and our sponsors etc?

Jack Gibson was the one who said that the front office needs to be right to ensure success on the field.

Agreed.  I don't like the 'under the radar' approach of Des and his mates.  Put some talking head out there and promote the team and brand.  Wolfie is good.  A very good image for kids.  George would be good.  King is articulate.  There's obviously more so why not get Parramatta off the back page and us on it.  And Canteen, we both want the same thing, it's just that bygones are bygones and he's gone.  No use raking up the ghosts of the past.     

If there is a legitimate negative story to be written about any player or any club, it will be written with or without help from said player or club.

The point of having the players accessible to the media is to put POSITIVE stories about the club. Honestly, it makes perfect sense. There are quite a few Manly players who have no problem doing media at all, and certainly from other clubs there are players who quite enjoy it and are actually pulled back by their club who want to control all mentions of their club in the media (this is certainly true of several clubs not called Manly, in my experience once you're about to speak to a Manly player they're almost always quite open and helpful).

[quote author=Shane link=topic=186276.msg312026#msg312026 date=1295255620]
[quote author=Captain of the Gate link=topic=186276.msg312023#msg312023 date=1295253618]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So lie cheat and steal is the way of the business? Tabloid bulls**t is one thing,flatout lying as a media outlet is nothing short of dispicable
[/quote]

To be honest I'm not really interested in getting in a flame war on a forum. I'm just telling it like it is, it doesn't make it right or wrong its just the way things are, its what is presented and what audiences are consuming. No use being naive about it.

This post was started to point out that Manly should do more media and I personally would like to see more stories about them. Not every journo is out to destroy someone's image. Sometimes its just a story about the team or how they play football. Its not asking a lot and is a good way to get the club name and sponsor name out while connecting with fans.
[/quote]

I wasnt flaming you,i was simply showing the negatives that less reputable organisations involve themselves in,i dont like lies no matter who they are about,but in australia the only paper i really trust is the local ones sadly

DSM5 link said:
Agreed.  I don't like the 'under the radar' approach of Des and his mates.  Put some talking head out there and promote the team and brand.  Wolfie is good.  A very good image for kids.  George would be good.  King is articulate.  There's obviously more so why not get Parramatta off the back page and us on it.  And Canteen, we both want the same thing, it's just that bygones are bygones and he's gone.  No use raking up the ghosts of the past.     

I couldn't agree more.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8