This is a farce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This play in on the mark nonsense is ridiculous, either give a penalty or play on

This is not under 8s

And I hate how refs have their weekly pet issue......I haven't seen this once this this year

We are not allowed to question the refs!

I like this blitz, as long as they do it to every team and in every game. Walking off the mark is one of the biggest blights on the game. I applaud the NRL if they can stamp it out, I'm happy with a bit of short term pain for long term gain. Sending them back to the mark takes away all their momentum and allows the defence to get set. Might start to sink in if they keep it up

I like this blitz, as long as they do it to every team and in every game. Walking off the mark is one of the biggest blights on the game. I applaud the NRL if they can stamp it out, I'm happy with a bit of short term pain for long term gain. Sending them back to the mark takes away all their momentum and allows the defence to get set. Might start to sink in if they keep it up

Only true if it also applies to Souths who are the worst offenders of this

This play in on the mark nonsense is ridiculous, either give a penalty or play on

This is not under 8s

And I hate how refs have their weekly pet issue......I haven't seen this once this this year

The refs seem only to be capable of looking at one thing per game

The holding down in the ruck was at its absolute worst tonighttonight and the game suffered fircit. the refs ignored it except for one or two penalties against Manly.

I was happy with the status quo, ie you walk forward but ref holds his 10, so it effectively becomes a 8-9 m ruck. Also, if the defender is up before the attacker, and sets the mark, he is not offside, despite if the attacker walks past him to play the ball.

They started pinging this around 3 years ago. Best thing the refs have done in a decade of fiddling with the interpretation of the rules. Nothing is more annoying than someone like Inglis walking through the play the ball and getting a massive advantage. It is rubbish. The instruction for Matai to go back was childish and ridiculous. Half a metre is meh, one to two metres should be an automatic penalty to the defending team.

That was one of the worst games of footy I've seen in a long time and those two clowns in the middle were responsible for it

The problem is as usual we'll have a week crack down, have a heap of play of the balls to be taken again, and then forget about it until Rd 19 when we decide to crack down again!

The ref's were very poor tonight. The walking off the mark bull****. It appears the game was reffed differently in the second half, not sure if they were bringing this up in the first half. It appears someone got in their ear at half time. The ruck was terrible 10m more like 7m. What was going on with ground tonight very poor condition?

Have a look at the rest of the games this weekend and see if they police it.
I'm with Manlybacker on this, getting to your feet whilst trying not to give an inch shouldn't be deemed stepping off the mark.
Stepping past or through the marker is.
I just watched it again on Fox, after Hiku and Matai were told to go "back to the mark" and paly it the very next tackle Willie did the same but no probs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6