This couldn't be true - could it ;)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Goth! Go cut yourself emo kid and buy some tight jeans

What's the difference between a got and an Emo?

about 5000 calories a day!

Goths do a good enough job of embarrassing themselves take the make-up off son, you are not a girland life is not that bad. chin up tiger

http://www.manpower.com.au/documents/GenerationYintheWorkplace.pdf

secure my A reserve ticket to the Cure concert scheduled for August.

How did they convince Robert Smith to get on a plane.

[quote author=Matabele]
secure my A reserve ticket to the Cure concert scheduled for August.

How did they convince Robert Smith to get on a plane.
[/quote]

I think the QEII is docking in early August.

Hilarious how gen xers parents were well ours too. the 5 or so years between us matas tells me there isn't a lot of difference.

Parade around like Gen x is somewhat above Gen Y when by and large you are a bunch of dried out workaholics who forgot what it means to care about anything else

Nice to see a touchie subject get such a good response.

I'm a tailend Boomer. My thoughts are that it is time we got out of the way and let some others have a go. We actually blamed our folks for having it all also and that was reflected in challenging music from the Who to the Sex Pistols.

Gen-Xers are some of the biggest moaners I have ever met but it isn't all their fault. Fired by gen creeds such as McJobs they deliberately took a hedonistic self-centred view. The irony is that they are now all past the rebellious youth stage and going to be more conservative than anybody for quite some time. Finally realised they just needed to get off their arses.

Gen Y are a unique product of an incredible run of good fortune. Fantastic economy, high job market, high tech capabilities and a slant on doing ok for themselves. They actually get a lot of my respect. As Mata says it will be interesting when everything is no longer so rosy.

These are all generalisations I know. To back Dan up - any one who thinks employers deserve loyalty beyond providing work for pay hasn't used their brain for 15 years.

Gen Y is just another term for a person who doesn't know what they want out of life.

Money just seems like the most obvious choice.

Nice to see a touchie subject get such a good response.

I'm a tailend Boomer. My thoughts are that it is time we got out of the way and let some others have a go. We actually blamed our folks for having it all also and that was reflected in challenging music from the Who to the Sex Pistols.

Gen-Xers are some of the biggest moaners I have ever met but it isn't all their fault. Fired by gen creeds such as McJobs they deliberately took a hedonistic self-centred view. The irony is that they are now all past the rebellious youth stage and going to be more conservative than anybody for quite some time. Finally realised they just needed to get off their arses.

Gen Y are a unique product of an incredible run of good fortune. Fantastic economy, high job market, high tech capabilities and a slant on doing ok for themselves. They actually get a lot of my respect. As Mata says it will be interesting when everything is no longer so rosy.

These are all generalisations I know. To back Dan up - any one who thinks employers deserve loyalty beyond providing work for pay hasn't used their brain for 15 years.

I take exception MB my employer has been very very loyal to me for the last 14 years and I intend to be very loyal back!

Maybe an exception to the rule, but I'm proud to have kept the same job for 14 years and plan to stay there for many more.

I take exception MB my employer has been very very loyal to me for the last 14 years and I intend to be very loyal back!

Maybe an exception to the rule, but I'm proud to have kept the same job for 14 years and plan to stay there for many more.
No need to get offended. I respect your position and am glad it is working for you. I have had some fantastic loyalty from some employers and I have been incredibly loyal and hardworking. But in my industry the joke was that you had had 5 employers in the last 5 years yet hadn't moved from your desk. Bottom line is that in any company with over 100 employees decisions are going to be made that just don't take into account loyalty. There are some right idiots just below the top level in many companies.

As Dan pointed out it is often better for pay rises to move on. I had one terrific run of 10 years where the management ensured we all got above market rates. But not everyone gets that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2