They Kicked Us When We Were Down...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Typical masters, so bitter and twisted about manly, his childhood home. Something about the sea eagles must have scarred him as a young kid.

Manly just announced the Trial dates on the home site.

Sharks Friday 7th Feb at Cronulla
Eels Saturday 22nd Feb at Brookie :)

HappilyManly said:

Thank you for that information. Just booked flights for 22nd Feb.

Shoe1 said:
Typical masters, so bitter and twisted about manly, his childhood home. Something about the sea eagles must have scarred him as a young kid.

What the story failed to mention was that the last 15mins of that match saw Manly opening up the Eels with ease and putting a few tries on. The free-flowing style the Sea Eagles switched too was replicated by a more talented Cowboys side two weeks later, and saw the Eels humiliated in front of their home crowd and miss the Grand Final they assumed as a given.

The old man said after the Manly loss that he saw the same signs as previous Brian Smith coached teams, in that he didn't know how to keep them motivated game after game and competing for a full 80mins, during the crunch time of the season.

Wise words that saw me earn some decent coin on a Cowboys-Tigers double in the GF qualifiers, as you just knew the Dragons would choke too.

Never ever forget that the whingers are our sworn enemy and cause us much pain in the early 80s and never let us forget it.

It is always wonderful to see Manly bury the worms, that will always be my favorite victory.

Won't it be great if they got a hat trick of spoons?

That will be sweet!

I think there would be a market for a DVD of their greatest flops. It'd nice entertainment when you have friends around for a few laughs.

Ramrod said:

That will be sweet!

I think there would be a market for a DVD of their greatest flops. It'd nice entertainment when you have friends around for a few laughs.

You can see it now....scene after scene of the Eels 'best' over the last two years, sped up to double speed and playing to the tune of the Benny Hill Show.

Hamster Huey said:
Ramrod said:

That will be sweet!

You can see it now....scene after scene of the Eels 'best' over the last two years, sped up to double speed and playing to the tune of the Benny Hill Show.

That's pure genius to add the Benny Hill tune.

Hell, I'll buy a copy!
The NRL is not awake to this kind of revenue opportunities.
It's disappointing.

Out of 16 clubs, 15 clubs' fans may buy. That's a 93.75% success rate.
It's better than SOO, where you may only get half depending on the state you support, if you care to keep memories of SOO.
Here, 15 clubs' fans would love to enjoy the pain of Parra.

HappilyManly said:

Let's go to China to help promote the grassroots/country league,but dont you dare make us play a game or trial in the bush,to help promote the game!!

ayjay007 said:
HappilyManly said:

Let's go to China to help promote the grassroots/country league,but dont you dare make us play a game or trial in the bush,to help promote the game!!

I support the CRL for maintaining interests, support and growth of junior players.

However, no one can deny taking our great game over to places like China and grow the game internationally.

If we want our game to survive (and it's a pretty darn competitive world of sports where other entertainment may pull interests and $$ in other directions).

We only have to see how baseball and soccer has taken off in this country. Back when I was a kid, soccer was what Johnny Warren said in his book (Sheilas, Wogs and Poofters). However, it has grown exponentially and competing with all sports nationally. The Moose would have been very disappointed if he was around to witness anymore of this.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6