There's the door!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Budgewoi Eagle said:
Stevie off contract at end of 2015 AND we're trying to resign two of the most expensive players in the game AND we have some brilliant backline talent coming through.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-want-halves-pairing-re-signed-before-2015-season-kick-off/story-e6frf3ru-1227178739804?from=public_rss
The writing may not just be on the wall for Matai. The situation may have been made perfectly clear and he is trying to get enough interest to get a contract in place. Good luck to the brave, ageing warrior.
Matai has messed up his body playing for us and gave us his best years

sheridanstand78 said:
All we need is 17 committed blokes who have a crack every week. Joe Kelly has to really be firm about this. The back chat has to stop.

It seems to me that there is a lack of respect for the coach going on here.
for sure and well said, much better to see some blokes having a go and proud to wear our colours even if the go down fighting each week than to put up with the tannies of some high fliers.

Just gotta remember that for a young player on the way up it's:

"It's all about business and my family and business business business."

For those starting their slide it's:

"I cant believe you didn't sign my mate, we play for our mates...mates mates mates wah wah wah wah...it's not a business wah wah need money still."

edit: May be a simplification....maybe

A player might leave at the end of their contract to be closer to their family....and is being open rather than trotting out the same old cliches

Not sure what the issue is - the open nature of his answer is pretty different to the way choc handled things

Whilst I agree with you, and respect Stevie's family issue, I firmly believe Joe Kelly must resolve his contract future one way or the other, as well as DCE and Foran, before this season starts or our 2015 campaign will be railroaded once again!

Whilst I agree with you, and respect Stevie's family issue, I firmly believe Joe Kelly must resolve his contract future one way or the other, as well as DCE and Foran, before this season starts or our 2015 campaign will be railroaded once again!

I am not sure it is as simple as that

We want to retain the players...if the need additional time then so be it (rather than being pig headed by it and missing out )

We want to retain the players...if the need additional time then so be it (rather than being pig headed by it and missing out )

Well, yes so be it, but possibly at the expense of our season vs missing out. That's the quandary....

I reckon the club has moved on from Matai BUT you cant allow players to leave mid contract with a gun at our head cause there's rarely any available replacements so the club was 100% right making him play out his deal. By 2016 we have a full year to scout replacements and Steve is a year older. (Accepting we already let Watmough hold a gun to our heads and get out its not a precedent you want to let continue and be rewarded ).

I read this latest stuff as confirmation we have well and truly moved on from Matai ( and him from us ) in the long term and this is just his job application for another gig.

I reckon the club has moved on from Matai BUT you cant allow players to leave mid contract with a gun at our head cause there's rarely any available replacements so the club was 100% right making him play out his deal. By 2016 we have a full year to scout replacements and Steve is a year older. (Accepting we already let Watmough hold a gun to our heads and get out its not a precedent you want to let continue and be rewarded ).

I read this latest stuff as confirmation we have well and truly moved on from Matai ( and him from us ) in the long term and this is just his job application for another gig.

Yeah I tend to agree with you here. I think we needed to make a stand or we set a precedent that you can sign with Manly and leave when it suits you. I think we let Choc go because he was taking up such a huge chunk of our cap, so it was win win in that sense. Matai on the other hand is still great value for money, and the best centre option for 2015 so we made him honour the contract.

Next year Hiku and Gutherson are another year older and wiser, and with Matai seeking more $$$, although he is the best option for 2015, is not necessarily the best option for 2016.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2