There's only one man...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Thinking about last night's game and the whole we are in. We are going downhill. Player confidence is down, and our boys look busted within the first 10 minutes.

Watching Brisbane now after Wayne has come back, they're looking like they could be there on the first Sunday in October.

It's got me thinking, that there is only one man that can turn us around, and that is Dessie!

You may laugh, you may hate him, but he rebuilt us from nothing to win 2 premierships and I'm willing to put my money on that he can do it again! And put Barrett as his assistant, get him to learn the Manly culture.

Unlike Des, Bennett didn't rape and pilage the club on his way out and therefore was welcomed back. After his failure at the druggos

That said I don't think he is any bit a super coach as he only seems to go ok where he has shedloads of youngsters to choose from, when it come to a normal team he failed miserably. Des is doing better at the dogs but he has hasn't got them too much up the ladder.

Tooves took over a team that was at the top there was only 1 way to go. Somehow he managed 3 years without it and it took some bad luck to really kick in.

He deserves to see out his contract, it is unmanly to fire a guy who has only had a bad period which coincides with such a bad injury toll, starting about round 22 last year. Since then we have had more injuries in those 18 games or so than we would usually cop in 2 years. He needs to be given the BOD as until this time he had 1 of the best records in the league as a coach and unlike Bennett he didn't have the business club paying players on the side. Lockyer on 250k per year..... yeah right

I can cop the losses, cop the fact we look unfit, cop the fact that we look slow as a wet week.

What I cant cop is that the coaching staff is not doing anything different to previous weeks.......change the bench, actually drop underperforming players, promote in form players from the lower grades......do something different FFS, cause the same old, same old isnt working.

Toovey has missed the boat. A message needed to be sent months ago.

We've had 10 years of continuing success which is almost unheard of in today's game. If we have to tough it out for a few seasons to rebuild then so be it. I'm not suggesting we use this time as an excuse for failure but we have to be realistic in our expectations. The retention of DCE, and the reintroduction of Bozo along with the purchases of Myles and Lussick is proof the club has recognised what needs to done.

We've had 10 years of continuing success which is almost unheard of in today's game. If we have to tough it out for a few seasons to rebuild then so be it. I'm not suggesting we use this time as an excuse for failure but we have to be realistic in our expectations. The retention of DCE, and the reintroduction of Bozo along with the purchases of Myles and Lussick is proof the club has recognised what needs to done.

Des is the past, a big no. The difference between Bennett and Hasler is that Bennett did not try and torch Brisbane when he left. You cant reward someone like Hasler who attempted that. If there is to be a change of coach we need something different but also balanced by someone who is aligned to our culture.

There's only one man who can handle this....
Batman042.jpg

Unlike Des, Bennett didn't rape and pilage the club on his way out and therefore was welcomed back. After his failure at the druggos

That said I don't think he is any bit a super coach as he only seems to go ok where he has shedloads of youngsters to choose from, when it come to a normal team he failed miserably. Des is doing better at the dogs but he has hasn't got them too much up the ladder.

Tooves took over a team that was at the top there was only 1 way to go. Somehow he managed 3 years without it and it took some bad luck to really kick in.

He deserves to see out his contract, it is unmanly to fire a guy who has only had a bad period which coincides with such a bad injury toll, starting about round 22 last year. Since then we have had more injuries in those 18 games or so than we would usually cop in 2 years. He needs to be given the BOD as until this time he had 1 of the best records in the league as a coach and unlike Bennett he didn't have the business club paying players on the side. Lockyer on 250k per year..... yeah right
Well said

We will never be desperate enough to have Des back.

He's got skill as a coach. But he's a bit light in the integrity department. In fact, he's a lot light in the integrity department.

We will never be desperate enough to have Des back.

He's got skill as a coach. But he's a bit light in the integrity department. In fact, he's a lot light in the integrity department.

Any integrity in being rock bottom?

Our position on the ladder is irrelevant. I'll never forget what Despicable tried to do. We don't need his kind at Manly.

I know mate, but I do feel torn about this. When I see what he does with the dogs - it burns me. I mean, the dogs can lose 5 in a row just b4 finals,, then all of a sudden click into gear, thanks to Des. I don't know, maybe it's just luck - but I can't help wonder where he could lead us, given our current situation.

Don't get me wrong, I really despise the way he left our club (really felt we could've went b2b 2012), but at the end of day, isn't the club about a business? The business of winning?

The hate for Des is strong in these parts and i understand why but i would give it a few years of being at the bottom of the table before most would be begging for him to come back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6