There is something on here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
Are you guys serious----do you really think Brisbane with all those players backing up played with the intensity they are capable of-----i'm not saying the effort wasn't there and big hits is not an indicator of intensity.

We're starting to put teams to the sword. The Broncos have been good defensively this season so tonight was good. Broncos rookies have stepped up in the past and there always talk that any team can win on their day. 34-10 is a huge step in the right direction.

All players say there is still a lot of improvement do you honestly expect them to say "that's as good as it gets". I have no doubt this team can do damage and has improvements but the things that need working on are not happening---plenty of time though.

Our go forward at critical times is lacking----i remember 2005 when Manly were on top of the table and i was not impressed (called a dribbler then also) and we lost nearly every game in the back half of the season.

This squad has the potential unlike 2005 but our current performances are not anything to get excited about. I personally dont like the physical make-up of our forwards and age but to be honest the standard of play has dropped other than the Dragons.

Manly and Melbourne at their peaks had a higher level of intensity and played at a higher level than the current crop of teams---only the Dragons have really taken the game up a notch so making the 8 should not be difficult with the amount of GF experience and Internationals in our squad.

Technical Coach said:
All players say there is still a lot of improvement do you honestly expect them to say "that's as good as it gets". I have no doubt this team can do damage and has improvements but the things that need working on are not happening---plenty of time though.

Our go forward at critical times is lacking----i remember 2005 when Manly were on top of the table and i was not impressed (called a dribbler then also) and we lost nearly every game in the back half of the season.

This squad has the potential unlike 2005 but our current performances are not anything to get excited about. I personally dont like the physical make-up of our forwards and age but to be honest the standard of play has dropped other than the Dragons.

Manly and Melbourne at their peaks had a higher level of intensity and played at a higher level than the current crop of teams---only the Dragons have really taken the game up a notch so making the 8 should not be difficult with the amount of GF experience and Internationals in our squad.

OK TC some fair points in there - but as you say its all about potential and this team has only just started to show its potential and begin to gel.....will be a very interesting few months ahead leading up to Sept

TC we all know there is improvement left in the team, but wake the **** up mate we are in the top 4 and running along nicely. We have rookie halves and they are improving nicely, you may rag on Foran but he is one of the best playmakers in the comp. If you think you know so much why don't you strap on the boots and show us all how its done??? I totally agree about our forward pack bar Joe who has done a great job but we have to work with what we got. I had doubts after our game against the Titans but the boys played very well tonight and deserve a few nice comments.

TC remind me never to ask you all the things that were wrong with our 2008 GF performance.

I've never ragged on Foran(probably his biggest supporter) i was supporting him when most were righting him off as a 5/8 last year so get your facts right.

I'm ragging on Des for not developing him beyond a left side player he has the potential to offer so much more, i've stated this a million times.

Watch our left to right attack during this game it was pathetic---and people wonder why J.Lyon is not having a great year.

Technical Coach said:
I've never ragged on Foran(probably his biggest supporter) i was supporting him when most were righting him off as a 5/8 last year so get your facts right.

I'm ragging on Des for not developing him beyond a left side player he has the potential to offer so much more, i've stated this a million times.

Watch our left to right attack during this game it was pathetic---and people wonder why J.Lyon is not having a great year.

Like i said if you can do better you strap on some boots. The game is played like that these days (in corridors) and as DCE gets better our right hand attack will get better.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
TC remind me never to ask you all the things that were wrong with our 2008 GF performance.

I've also stated the only performances i really enjoyed of Manly were the 2008 semi's and G/F----good go forward nice interchange of passing up the middle and a well coached team.

Des stepped it up in relation to game plans,structures,fitness levels,Intensity and physcial make up of the squad from 07 to 08 all aimed towards defeating Melbourne during this period but has slipped behind since.

Yes injuries have not helped his cause and the Stewart case but his structures, physical makeup of the squad and adapting to the quicker play the ball interpretation have slipped behind other teams.

torana355 said:
Technical Coach said:

Like i said if you can do better you strap on some boots. The game is played like that these days (in corridors) and as DCE gets better our right hand attack will get better.

Totally agree in relation to "attacking corridors" does not mean you have to follow the pack all the time. I dont mind G.Stewart ball playing on the right short side playing flat after a good fast play the ball.
On long deep spreads he is too slow and not sharp enough allowing defences time to get across in numbers forcing inside balls or cramping outside backs heading towards the touchline.

What you see as depressing to me is just analysis i'm not a flag waving supporter i enjoy seeing the negatives just as much as the positives. I expect basically everyone to hate my views or see them as depressing and i could care less---i enjoy having my say and thats enough for me.

Being a supporter is not enough for me---supporting alone bores me.

2005 TC - the big factor there was Monaghan's dummy spit when the Club went after Orford. He moped around for the rest of the year and I have that from an impeccable source. That's what really brought that season undone.

Monaghans performance was not the reason why we were getting lapped by huge margins back end of season---he may or may not have moped around but the seeds of failure were all there when we were performing well.

So many impeccable sources so often wrong in this forum so please dont use that line as justification.

You might get inconsistent performances from a dejected player hearing about another signing but in this day and age players are professionals and understand its just a business.

To say Monaghans so called attitude caused the dramatic down fall is laughable--young players, lack of go forward and mental toughness were bigger factors---early season form was over-hyped.

Teams that we will struggle against
Melbourne
Saints

and the occasional "Harlem Globetrotter" types out
there such as Tigers/Cows

The rest are just cannon fodder

Technical Coach c'mon man,can't you just enjoy the win? ffs it was 34-10 and one of our best performances all year,if you are like this after a 34-10 win id hate to see your posts if we got beaten 34-10

Technical coach reminds me of one of my old mates from school. He had a job pumpIng petrol after school, run of the mill stuff

Ask him what his job was and he was a "petroleum transfer technician" lol

Technical Coach said:
What you see as depressing to me is just analysis i'm not a flag waving supporter i enjoy seeing the negatives just as much as the positives. I expect basically everyone to hate my views or see them as depressing and i could care less---i enjoy having my say and thats enough for me.

Being a supporter is not enough for me---supporting alone bores me.

An your post bore me!!! Why not use the "Whinge" forum TC??

That's a sad life TC...come on one of my trips, join us in the singing and the chanting, wave a few flags and it's sure to change yoour life.

We had lots of newbies on our Brisbane trip last night and to a man (or woman) they all said "loved it and we'll be back"

Life behind a keyboard just can't be the same???

Technical Coach said:
But our right to left is compensating for that atm, when that side clicks into gear lookout and Lyon had his best game of the year last night imo

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6