The worst game of football ever played

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
On a day when we are normally inflicted with re-runs of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" instead we were dished up "The worst game of football ever played"

I have never seen a match played at a slower pace or with less intensity.They looked like a bunch of old carthorses.This was a clash between two sides that had won 3 from 10 between them and the game was worse than that stat could possibly predict.

Either we were the VERY unfortunate victims last week of running into Parramatta on their only hot day of the year or Penrith win by 20 on Monday night.I certianly hope it is the former as Penrith beat Parra by 30 two weeks ago.

It also shows what Wayne Bennett style of football looks like when played by a team with no stars.

Agreed. That game went on for an eternity. The only thing i learnt was that MoiMoi can be picked up and dropped from front on by a smaller man. Well done Mullen.

I think we can scrape a win if Kieran plays.If he is out as seems likely then $2.95 is a ludicrous price for Penrith.Doesnt mean the panthers win but those adds are ridiculous if you also take into account the fact that they have the best Monday night record in the comp and we are almost the worst.

Giddyup boys!with the results going the way they are a win will put us 2 points off third with our stars coming back with a very winnable home game against the titans next week.Chance to put all the garbage of the last few weeks behind us and get back in the hunt.

susan said:
I think we can scrape a win if Kieran plays.If he is out as seems likely then $2.95 is a ludicrous price for Penrith.Doesnt mean the panthers win but those adds are ridiculous if you also take into account the fact that they have the best Monday night record in the comp and we are almost the worst.

Giddyup boys!with the results going the way they are a win will put us 2 points off third with our stars coming back with a very winnable home game against the titans next week.Chance to put all the garbage of the last few weeks behind us and get back in the hunt.
Keiran will be out

susan said:
On a day when we are normally inflicted with re-runs of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" instead we were dished up "The worst game of football ever played"

I have never seen a match played at a slower pace or with less intensity.They looked like a bunch of old carthorses.This was a clash between two sides that had won 3 from 10 between them and the game was worse than that stat could possibly predict.

Either we were the VERY unfortunate victims last week of running into Parramatta on their only hot day of the year or Penrith win by 20 on Monday night.I certianly hope it is the former as Penrith beat Parra by 30 two weeks ago.

It also shows what Wayne Bennett style of football looks like when played by a team with no stars.

I disagree. I just think it shows where we are truly at, at the moment. Yes, that can be attributable to injuries/suspension.

But almost 25% of the way through the season, we are almost last.

I'd like to think we can more than 'scrape' a win tomorrow. Yes we are coming almost last on four points, six by tomorrow night, but the leader is on 12 with a host of teams between. Easy to leap-frog up the ladder with a few wins. Pity about the last three games. Totally winnable, but weren't.

Thats funny I was gonna post a thread with the same title as well.

I agree, that is the worst game of football I have ever seen. It's a sad thing to be a supporter of either of these clubs. Both sides went through the motions all match. I actually went to the bathroom during one ad break and actually came and out did something else completely forgetting that I watching a game.

After watching the two games last night and this game I wonder if the new wresting style of game has completely killed creativity. In this game there was not one chip through, virtually no second man plays and almost every kick either was caught on the full in the in goal or dribbled over the dead ball line.

The only funny thing was that commentators actually sounded bored!

it was a boring game, but last week we were even worse.Though last week for me it was the worst footy game i've ever been to. hopefully the team and 2V would finally wake up a quit crapping around. I shall see in person tommorow night.

The consolation is that it brought Parra back down to earth after the massive celebration they had last week, at our expense.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6