The Wolves Site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Warrington Wolves are delighted to announce the exciting new signing of Michael Monaghan, 27 from Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles on a 4 year deal for the engage Super League XIII season. Michael, one of the outstanding halfbacks in the NRL. will team up with the Wolves other new signing Louis Anderson in 2008. Warrington beat off stiff competition from 4 NRL Clubs and two top Super League Clubs to get Monaghan's signature.

In the last week Michael has been tipped by former NSW Coach Phil Gould to be picked as his choice for the blues No.7 shirt in this year's State of Origin series after his outstanding form as the Sea Eagles halfback. He has been the driving force behind the Manly's march to the top of the NRL table. Monaghan has made 109 NRL career appearances to date scoring 21 tries, 2 goals and 7 Drop Goals.

He started his first grade career at his home town club of Canberra Raiders in 2001, making 47 appearances for the Club before signing for Manly in 2003. His younger brother Joel Monaghan plays for the Sydney Roosters. Monaghan's junior club was Tuggeranong Buffaloes.

Michael will be an asset to the Wolves award winning Foundation programme when he arrives at the end of the year. He is a former winner of the prestigious Ken Stephen Award for Services to Rugby League and to the Community.

Michael commented,

"When I made the decision to come overseas to carry on my footie; I spoke with Adrian Morley and Andrew Johns and I liked the sound of the setup at Warrington. It is a Club with a positive future and I wanted to be part of that.
"I am looking forward to getting involved in the Wolves Community programme; it is something I am keen to do; work with disabled and disadvantaged children."

Head Coach Paul Cullen commented on his latest acquisition,

"Micheal's ability, ambition, mental toughness and maturity are obvious assets which will be of great service to our club."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6