1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wind, the weather and the game

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    So I know it's been blowing strongly down there and we have been copping a fair bit of it up this way too, but the worst is meant to hit us in the next few days.

Is it still blowing a down there?

How do you think this is going to effect the game?

Personally I would try a couple of bombs early because they will get you a mixed bag, and if luck is on your side a few tries. However if its blowing strongly enough, it could mean the ball ends up out more often than not.

Going to make an interesting game even more interesting I think

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    So I know it's been blowing strongly down there and we have been copping a fair bit of it up this way too, but the worst is meant to hit us in the next few days.

Is it still blowing a down there?

How do you think this is going to effect the game?

Personally I would try a couple of bombs early because they will get you a mixed bag, and if luck is on your side a few tries. However if its blowing strongly enough, it could mean the ball ends up out more often than not.

Going to make an interesting game even more interesting I think

3. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I think kicking will be difficult. Around Newcastle the wind gusts very strongly then suddenly dies down, so there'll defintitely be a luck aspect if its the same at Bluetonge.

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I think kicking will be difficult. Around Newcastle the wind gusts very strongly then suddenly dies down, so there'll defintitely be a luck aspect if its the same at Bluetonge.

5. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Well if the wind in sydney is any guage the last thing you'd do is put up a bomb. Gonna be a gritty game won in the forwards i think.

Manly by 12 choc FTS Foran m.o.m

6. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Well if the wind in sydney is any guage the last thing you'd do is put up a bomb. Gonna be a gritty game won in the forwards i think.

Manly by 12 choc FTS Foran m.o.m

7. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    It effected Lyon's kicking last night. As for Reynolds, he only had one shot at goal and it was right in front, didn't count.

The wind was horrible. The Push It Up Manly sign was like a spinnaker.

• Like Like x 1