The Willie Mason files (masongate)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you stop to tie up your shoe lace in the street someone will complain you're pointing your arse at them.

Welcome to Manly.

Love to see Willie run out onto Brookie with this pearler from Anthrax blaring from the PA!

Or as this article implies is this the new "no wrestling in the tackle" rule? You know they changed the rules in the tackle and the player will be called held a lot sooner than in past years. All in an attempt to get rid of the wrestle.

Maybe Willie was just explaining to his brother and showing him how the new rules will apply. I can see it now; "well Les, you can't do this anymore, nor can you do this in a tackle or you'll get penalised."

"Hey you blokes move on." The security guard.

"Sorry, I was just showing him the new anti-wrestling techniques that 2V has taught us." Says Willie and Les just grunts in agreement.

"Maybe we could get Willie to run a coaching clinic on the new tackling style," says the security guard to his supervisor.

The supervisor says, "no way that's a Manly player let's make an example of him. Let's report it and hopefully the NRL will suspend him for six months so the Warriors can be in with a chance. Ok let's go back to our chilly billy have a beer and work out the best way to blow this up out of all proportion." Says the supervisor and guard agrees because as we all know everyone hates Manly.

Disclaimer - this is a total fictional story and any resemblance of truth is entirely unintended. Except for the part about everyone hates Manly.

Geez I should have been a journo. In my own unbiased opinion I am very good.

Edit:
An unnamed source close to the Auckland 9's tournament organisers said

"Mr Mason was here as a guest of the tournament's event partners and as he had no training or playing commitments he was not encumbered by the strict curfew which enabled him to entertain corporates and engage with fans throughout the tournament. His brief was to promote the tournament by any means we thought necessary.
On Saturday evening we gave him some off to spend time with his family and he then returned to entertain guests in the hotel lobby afterwards, we were chuffed when we heard reports that he even engaged with some fans on his time off.
He was a role model at Newcastle, who is setting up quite a bright career in the media after rugby league so it is only fitting that we employed him in such a high profile role.
Mr Mason has done so much to promote the Auckland Nines, arguably more than any other player in the NRL and he didn't even need to lace up a boot to do it.
He has always been a popular and forthright player and we wish him all the best with the rest of his career in the NRL and in the media and we look forward to engaging his services in the future."

How about that Daddycool, I'm a "journo" too.

Last edited:
Hey Stuboot, if the Tele and the SMH ever want new journos maybe we both should apply.

I mean nothing needs to be factual does it? It can be fictional or at least that is where the bar has been set recently hasn't it?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6