1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'what were the Origin selectors thinking' thread

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Gronk, May 15, 2011.

1. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I just thought I would start this in advance of the side being named, as for sure it will be on like Donkey Kong no matter what side is named ;)

2. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    QLD selectors thinking- how easy is it to pick a team to beeat the blues?

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Gidley is injured isn't he ? That's one less WTF selection.

4. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    How dare they not pick JHOPPA on the wing,how dare they take choc and put him on the bench with the stewarts

Another ****ing Gidley selection,are they hoping 20 wrongs make a right?

Gasnier captain? that prick couldnt lead a hooker into his car,he shouldnt even be in the team

Well....atleast Gallens there....

5. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    not sure about that.i think it will be the same blokes picked who lose every year and wont be all that much talk.lewis will be talked about but he will be one of the first picked and rightly so if he came through that game ok.most complete forward in the game IMO.

hayne,morris,gasnier,jennings/idris,uate,mullen,pearce,lewis,creagh,gallen,snowden,ennis,weyman idris/young,bird,tolman,mannah would be my guess.

for what it is worth I would pick soward and gift in front of mullen and bird but unlikely.

am assuming king is unavailable and choc has cooked his goose with sticky.[hr]
    no doubt that f...wit beau scott will get picked but I cant get himself to write his name down in the side.

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    No Manly players in the side is all I want to hear.

I think they should pick at least 10 St Merge players. Their entire forward pack (add Gallen), their halves (Both of them) plus Gasnier & Morris.

7. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I reckon they pick Hopoate,King,Choc and Gift

The confidence from them when they come back will
    radiate throughout the team,i can swallow a few losses
    during origin for long term gain

8. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    No Manly players = win

9. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Terry Kennedy said his mail is king and gift will get a run. Can't see jace playing if he hasn't played for 3 weeks

10. sydsider66

sydsider66 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Weve had heaps of players in origin in the past.Time for others to have a go so we can win the comp again this year.Were poised with this coming draw to really entrench into the top 4 barring injuries.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    WTF, Todd Carney????

12. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Scrap City Vs Country....No Gifty nor Watmough

Pointless game is pointless
    If the ****ing man of the match doesnt get a run
    City vs Country is nothing short of a joke worthy of
    getting your best players injured,**** it off

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    NSW Blues - Dugan, Morris, Jennings, Gasnier, Uate, Soward, Pearce, King, Ennis, Snowden, Scott, Bird, Gallen, Creagh, Merrin, Mannah, Young

14. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    and noteably no Mr 40-20

15. chris_niko

chris_niko Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    lol....wtf just happened. 0 faith in the selectors. hahaha as a nsw fan i cant believe it. if the 1st games in qld i might look at qld 40+ lol

16. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    6 nil

probably makes no difference who they pick.not one single creative ball player in that forward pack and bench with the possible exception of bird.

17. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    These f***wits couldn't win a chook raffle with a winning ticket

18. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    The biggest WTF is how the **** is Ben Creagh picked. The guy still ****'s himself at the site of Santa Claus!

19. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Beau Scott isn't a backrower's arsehole.

Idris stars for Aus, then not picked.

Hayne plays his best game of the year last night, still not picked.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Morris will have no impact on SoO this year what-so-ever. Jennings is a fantastic player & should do well but I don't think that it's ever clicked in his mind that he has a winger outside of him.

How do you pick Pearce over Mullen? Pearce isn't a good enough player to get picked every year without doubt. Pearce has been awful this year & I expect him to continue to be awful in SoO. Interested in seeing how Soward goes though.

Scott being in the team is a joke. He is your average run of the mill forward. If he deserves to get picked then Glenn Hall deserved to get picked in 2008. If you're going to pick a team off of media hype than Creagh deserves to start at least. Same goes with Merrin, he is another average run of the mill player. What a joke, How the F do these numpties get picked over the likes of Galloway & Tolman?

Can't agree with Young getting picked, if you want a back-up hooker then why not pick Farrah in the team? At least he is actually a hooker, not a second rower masquerading in the position.

All in all it looks like an average, average team. With Sticky as the coach I'll be suprised if they win a game.