The voice on the Hill, and other iconic Manly supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks all - I think we've narrowed it down to one of three potentials anyway... I'm going to follow the sound on Sunday and report back.

2007 finals v Souths, on the hill, a big fella with a beard wanders in about 10mins after kickoff and gets straight into it, with his favourite chant being

"We're maroon, we are white, we are ****ing dynamite" for an hour before leaving 10mins before Fulltime

Will never forget him lol
Gotta bring back that "We're maroon, we are white, we are ****ing dynamite". Classic

Was reading this then (with too much spare time/insomnia:yawn:) moved on to look for something on Grant Goldman as first host of Countdown (having mentioned it on the radio) and up popped the clip of Grant, Mike and Jay at the 2008 Grand Final. Kind of on topic:).
Wish I had been there.:(
40-Nillllllillilliil!!!!! 40-Nilllllliililllllilil!!!!! 40-Nilllillillilllill!!!!! :party:

A voice from the 70s and 80s. Lyall Roberts, in that era he was the guy who shouted out the Manly letters and he had by far the loudest voice. Back in the day Manly had a huge cheer squad that was located in the Jane Try stand and then the Fulton Menzies one before the corporate boxes and famously the sheridan stand during finals games.
This brings back great memories. Those days in the Sheridan Stand, especially in 1978, were wonderful.

A voice from the 70s and 80s. Lyall Roberts, in that era he was the guy who shouted out the Manly letters and he had by far the loudest voice. Back in the day Manly had a huge cheer squad that was located in the Jane Try stand and then the Fulton Menzies one before the corporate boxes and famously the sheridan stand during finals games.
Yeah Lyall used to pick us all up every weekend and drive us to the game. He was an absolute Manly tragic. Great days and better memories.

Thats the guy on the right the manly chanter from the jane try stand.
image.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4