The voice on the Hill, and other iconic Manly supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Just wondering - ever since I can remember (which isn't that far back any more), there's one guy on the Hill with a massive voice who starts the "Manly! Manly! Manly!" chant several times a game. I'm sure you all know who I mean. When the chips are down, he'll fire up a chant. When we're attacking, up it goes again. Come to think of it, he's quite likely to be on here...as all good Eagles fans should. Anyone know who he is?

And I'm thinking there are other iconic Manly fans from the ages that deserve fifteen seconds of fame on here too...any thoughts?

I'm no icon on the hill but if you hear a bloke yelling out "rubbish" or "get that rubbish" or "smash that rubbish" that will be me. I do that to stop me swearing around children.
NYEagle

The bloke with the HUUUUUUUGE voice is a Silvertails posters' neighbors I believe. Can't remember which one though!

A lot of big voices around the " Push it up Manly" sign on the hill.

Jono Powell ( not on here) is the guy with the Drum, and often leads the Manly Manly chants.

I am always in the Ken Arthurson stand (which is quite quiet) and often hear the bloke in Jane Try starting chants.

The bloke who starts the Manly chant is Shane from memory, big ranga dude.

2007 finals v Souths, on the hill, a big fella with a beard wanders in about 10mins after kickoff and gets straight into it, with his favourite chant being

"We're maroon, we are white, we are ****ing dynamite" for an hour before leaving 10mins before Fulltime

Will never forget him lol

I can confirm that I have a big voice, I can also confirm that I use it to full effect at games and against opposition supporters - alas I am not the voice you are searching for

There's a bloke with a raspy voice in the Jane Try Stand that always makes the chant start.
Yeah that's the one. A cpl games ago he was red- hot and I was thinking the poor bugger must go thru a box of Buttermenthols the next day.

A lot of big voices around the " Push it up Manly" sign on the hill.

Jono Powell ( not on here) is the guy with the Drum, and often leads the Manly Manly chants.

@Jono is on these forums but alas his drum has sold out to Parramatta as it felt the great Dalai could bring out a better sound.

2007 finals v Souths, on the hill, a big fella with a beard wanders in about 10mins after kickoff and gets straight into it, with his favourite chant being

"We're maroon, we are white, we are ****ing dynamite" for an hour before leaving 10mins before Fulltime

Will never forget him lol

Did the guy have piercing or 2?

If so that is Pat and he has a very loud voice

A voice from the 70s and 80s. Lyall Roberts, in that era he was the guy who shouted out the Manly letters and he had by far the loudest voice. Back in the day Manly had a huge cheer squad that was located in the Jane Try stand and then the Fulton Menzies one before the corporate boxes and famously the sheridan stand during finals games.

Just wondering - ever since I can remember (which isn't that far back any more), there's one guy on the Hill with a massive voice who starts the "Manly! Manly! Manly!" chant several times a game. I'm sure you all know who I mean. When the chips are down, he'll fire up a chant. When we're attacking, up it goes again. Come to think of it, he's quite likely to be on here...as all good Eagles fans should. Anyone know who he is?

And I'm thinking there are other iconic Manly fans from the ages that deserve fifteen seconds of fame on here too...any thoughts?

If you narrow down the spot you might be able to get a better responce.

i.e. northern end 30m line towards the back for example.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4