The Value of Cheating

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I actually don't subscribe to the view that players don't want to come to our club right now, but if it is true it highlights for me the value that Melbourne have gained from cheating.

If Melbourne had not cheated they would have won absolutely nothing and the conga line of players wanting to play for them for unders would not have been there. Yeah Yeah they won in 2012, but would they have had that roster if not for their reputation which was built on cheating. Would players have gone there if bellamy and co had not won a thing. The simple answer is no and in fact bellamy probably would not have lasted as a coach.

I actually don't subscribe to the view that players don't want to come to our club right now, but if it is true it highlights for me the value that Melbourne have gained from cheating.

If Melbourne had not cheated they would have won absolutely nothing and the conga line of players wanting to play for them for unders would not have been there. Yeah Yeah they won in 2012, but would they have had that roster if not for their reputation which was built on cheating. Would players have gone there if bellamy and co had not won a thing. The simple answer is no and in fact bellamy probably would not have lasted as a coach.[/QUOTE

Yes Ralphie, I agree!

No, I can't agree. Bellamy is an excellent coach, almost certainly the best. He has taken many no-names and turned them into excellent players. The Storm is always hard to beat. When they lose it is rarely by many. Any Melbourne player that is recruited by another team will be getting someone who works hard and is 'bred to win'.
I don't like Melbourne any more than you - but I can acknowledge the quality of their coaching, and structures.

Not saying OP is implying this at all.
But under Zero circumstances do I ever want Manly to cheat the cap.

Bellamy is a grub, cheated his way to GFs and brought in the grubbiest tackling techniques ever. He robbed us out of a GF, 2 minor prems and a forth place, just cant stand the guy. As for his coaching he is good but I would like to see how he goes else where his record without his cheating team or without the big three is toilet.

There's a lot of coaches out there which would sell their soul to get that little advantage over their rivals.

He did win the President's cup (the now NYC) with Canberra so he was always going to be a successful coach.

The Canberra side he coached beat us actually we were the Minor Premiers. We only lost 2 games that season (3 if you count the gf) For anyone interested here is the game some interesting names in both teams

Jason Ferris, there is a name I would rather forget...............

He did win the President's cup (the now NYC) with Canberra so he was always going to be a successful coach.

The Canberra side he coached beat us actually we were the Minor Premiers. We only lost 2 games that season (3 if you count the gf) For anyone interested here is the game some interesting names in both teams
Ok got it, Bellamy wins U20's and was destined to be a great coach but Nathan Brown wins Super League title but he is a rubbish coach.
That works for me.

Ok got it, Bellamy wins U20's and was destined to be a great coach but Nathan Brown wins Super League title but he is a rubbish coach.
That works for me.

I have never said Nathan Brown is a rubbish coach. I think you have posters mixed up Ralphie I'm in fact a fan and feel he get's a bad wrap for being given the Dragons job when he wasn't ready,

No, I can't agree. Bellamy is an excellent coach, almost certainly the best. He has taken many no-names and turned them into excellent players. The Storm is always hard to beat. When they lose it is rarely by many. Any Melbourne player that is recruited by another team will be getting someone who works hard and is 'bred to win'.
I don't like Melbourne any more than you - but I can acknowledge the quality of their coaching, and structures.
How has he gone without his big 3?pretty average at fg level

Lost 4 straight origin series and just this year the dead**** has lost to last twice

I have never said Nathan Brown is a rubbish coach. I think you have posters mixed up Ralphie I'm in fact a fan and feel he get's a bad wrap for being given the Dragons job when he wasn't ready,
Apologies, I didn't mean you, rather the collective wisdom of the Silvertails brains trust.

Depends on your definition of winning.

Eg People who cheat exams, sell illicit drugs, steal from old people, etc, etc are winners in some people's eyes, and losers in others'.

You have ignored what the OP was on about, these players/combinations have benefited due to cheating, its a bit like compound interest, they are getting benefits from the benefits. Is Bellamy as good as people think? Impossible to tell until a complete turnover of personell. His 3 big guns would not be there if it wasn't for cheating the cap and no names will always improve when they play with players of this level.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6