The truth behind Mad Max Delmege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not knocking Mayer but some of those "facts" are a little exaggerated. I don't think he was solely responsible for the $12mill funding grant for Brooky, no doubt he helped but this has been on the go for quite a while. Also, once you have the onfield success the rest of the stuff like sponsorship, membership, crowd numbers, player retention etc all falls into place. Like a much wiser man than me once said, build it and they will come. Obviously you need someone with the smarts to take advantage of the premiership success, and Grant has done a good job there, and you've got to give him credit for help building "it".

Kerry Sibraa and others have been working for funding for a while, though I am sure Mayer as CEO certainly is involved. It was disengenous of Reilly to totally ignore that in his letter.

Asked about his threat to sack Manly media manager Peter Peters, Delmege said: \"I would be happy to sit down and have a chat. I don't want him going out on a bad note.\"

so max wants to shut down Zorbas free food source, there is about 250K a year there,

seriously though as far as I'm concerned Zorba is Manly to the core and needs to go out when he is good and ready

Canteen Worker link said:
Kerry Sibraa and others have been working for funding for a while, though I am sure Mayer as CEO certainly is involved. It was disengenous of Reilly to totally ignore that in his letter.

Make no mistake...although there have been many that have assisted in gaining the funding from government for Brookie Kerry Sibraa is the man who made it all happen.

(Bob Reilly's letter says "Under the guidance of Kerry Sibraa from the Football Club, commitments of over $12 million have been obtained to redevelop Brookvale Oval, and we’re continuing to fight for even more so that Brookvale Oval can always remain our home."

Many may not have met him as he tends to avoid the spotlight but a squizz here:

http://jacksonwells.com.au/Hon-Kerry-Sibraa.ashx

...will give you an insight as to the credentials and abilities of the gentleman.

I think we are very lucky to have a person such as Kerry as the patron of our club and on the board of directors and without him it is fair to say that the club wouldn't have got within a country mile of any money from public coffers....

He's been a regular on the bus to aways for years and I remember him a few years ago and how excited he was that all 3 grades had won on the same day as we came back from Penrith (I think) - a true Manly fan and very passionate about our club and its heritage

Credit where credit is due...Not a slur on Grant but to take anything away from Kerry Sibraa's efforts on our behalf would be very unfair and totally uninformed

Thanks for that. Kerry obviously has been very good for the club and I met him at a semi at Parramatta a few years back - no offence was meant towards him. My point stands though  that the letter from Bob Reilly is slanted in a way that could be misleading, now given the statement from Scott Penn on the club's website!

Zorba can go for mine.  He's disloyal, unprofessional, and his time is up.  His true vocation is journalism and he can mine that for the next few years instead of biting the hands that feed him.. 

DSM5 link said:
Zorba can go for mine.  He's disloyal, unprofessional, and his time is up.  His true vocation is journalism and he can mine that for the next few years instead of biting the hands that feed him.. 

Obviously the hands weren't feeding him the food quick enough.

He may be many things but I don't think that you can call him disloyal and most of the ex players would vouch for that.   

That is an interesting thing in this stoush - it seems that the board of the Football Club have aligned with Max's view of things but (and I may be wrong) ex-players, Arko and some of the paid staff are closer Penn and Mayer. (it may be loyalty to Zorba?)

Not a good situation, no matter what your slant is!!!

Ex-players would be more supportive of the little fat guy and of course some paid employees  have been around for yonks, so they would be supportive of the fat tool.  But the way he's fed the Telecrap is reprehensible for a paid employee of the club.  He's paid for doing I don't know what, and that's what he should do.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179266.msg208278#msg208278 date=1235529872]
The list is damning for mine.  It is muck raking of course, but ...
Here's the thing Matas.  You (and your mates) are so concreted into a position of the Penns being Gods and Delmeges demons that you would lose face to put any balance into what you say.

That's fair enough.  That's your perogative.  Just don't expect to be influential with anyone not similarly leaning to concrete themselves into your fixed blind beliefs.

If you are successful in your personal vendetta, you may just cause Delmege and his millions to flee Manly.  Then you'll pat yourself on the back saying how morally right you were.  And perhaps watch Manly disintegrate without this financial backstop.
[/quote]  Is Max paying you to type your bilge?  I hope it's not by the word or he'll be broke quicker than even I have tipped.

Dan link said:
That's a bit Over the top Rex.

We aren't exactly slinging mud here. I don't think either party is completely blameless, but I haven't seen any out and out lies from the Penn's yet, have you?
I love the way you grade your lies, Dan.  Presumably your out-and-out lies are the poorly planned ones, and your acceptable lies are the carefully planned deceptions foxily designed to escape detection.

When will you and CW come clean that you've taken sides I wonder?

If, by your standards, what's on this site aint slinging mud yet, then when you do start, entire cities may be buried. :)

Rex, not sure why I am copping the rockets but I am a big boy.

Up until the Max interview on Nine the other night and the letter from Bob Reilly I had an open mind to the whole issue, though I will admit that I have been impressed with Penn from the day he became involved in the club. However, to see Max and Reilly start throwing rocks on the "move to Gosford' furphy, when they knew darn well that this could not and will not happen, I wondered what was the real agenda. Penn's response was much more convincing. Not sure what lies Dan has been peddling and am in the dark about the carefully planned deceptions. I am simply calling it as I see it.

Whilst there was bias in the Telegraph article yesterday, Max has been playing power since the inititial charges of non-payment last week and has been less than truthful on some issues. I know not the Football Club agenda nor why they are using the same 'emotive issue' to garner support.

Apart from the Gosford 'furphy', there is no explanation as to the non-appointment of Mayer, which is where all this started in the first place.

In the end, for me, it is not a matter of sides but simply what is best for my club. However, integrity is also something that is important to me - and there is certainly a lack of it, in many instances, related to this squabble.

Ryan link said:
To be fair, what sources can you provide, and what facts do you have to back up your theory that these statements by Matabele are \"fixed blind\" comments?

He may be right, he may be wrong. Just because you disagree with him doesn't necessarily mean you are right.
Hi Ryan,
Not lumping you in with Matas on this Penn/Delmege issue, although I know you're good mates.

What sources show that Matas is blindly concreted into a fixed position on Penn/Delmege issue, and incapable of any balanced analysis? Glad you asked Ryan.  Simple.  Just one source is sufficient - Matas own words. You tell me.  Has Matas, at every opportunity, in black-and-white fashion, derided Delmege and supported the Penns?  Show me where he has been balanced and I will reassess what I wrote. It's not so much that Matas supports Penn, that may change.  But he has a blind vendetta against Delmege, just like his prior one against Zorba (which has been put aside for now because Zorba, inconveniently for Matas, is Penn's uncle, and aligned with him).

Blind Freddy can see Matas has been stewing for years on Delmege's intervention to retain Monas, and has been stirring his mates to support him.  This ancient history that he can't let go has now turned into a vendetta.

I too support Mayer and find the decision curious.  Should I accept a decision about which I have limited knowledge and absolutely no control or should I join a vendetta and whinge-fest?  Tell me what you think.

Canteen Worker link said:
Rex, not sure why I am copping the rockets but I am a big boy.

Up until the Max interview on Nine the other night and the letter from Bob Reilly I had an open mind to the whole issue, though I will admit that I have been impressed with Penn from the day he became involved in the club. However, to see Max and Reilly start throwing rocks on the \"move to Gosford' furphy, when they knew darn well that this could not and will not happen, I wondered what was the real agenda. Penn's response was much more convincing. Not sure what lies Dan has been peddling and am in the dark about the carefully planned deceptions. I am simply calling it as I see it.

Whilst there was bias in the Telegraph article yesterday, Max has been playing power since the inititial charges of non-payment last week and has been less than truthful on some issues. I know not the Football Club agenda nor why they are using the same 'emotive issue' to garner support.

Apart from the Gosford 'furphy', there is no explanation as to the non-appointment of Mayer, which is where all this started in the first place.

In the end, for me, it is not a matter of sides but simply what is best for my club. However, integrity is also something that is important to me - and there is certainly a lack of it, in many instances, related to this squabble.
That was no rocket.  You love being seen to be balanced.  The Tom Thumb firework was that Blind Freddy could see you'd sided with the Penns early, although you couldn't.  I too like the Penns.  Scott has the gift of the gab and presents well indeed.  Delmege is more of a street fighter for mine.  There is room for both in this town. We don't need to shoot either, and if we do, Manly will be the poorer for it. They're big boys and can sort this out without unhelpful character slurs from disgruntled self-professed experts on this site.

Read closer and you'll see I wasn't saying that Dan was himself lying.  I was fascinated with his lie classification system - how he classifies the acceptable and unacceptable ones.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179266.msg208288#msg208288 date=1235531501]
That's a bit Over the top Rex.

We aren't exactly slinging mud here. I don't think either party is completely blameless, but I haven't seen any out and out lies from the Penn's yet, have you?
I love the way you grade your lies, Dan.  Presumably your out-and-out lies are the poorly planned ones, and your acceptable lies are the carefully planned deceptions foxily designed to escape detection.

When will you and CW come clean that you've taken sides I wonder?

If, by your standards, what's on this site aint slinging mud yet, then when you do start, entire cities may be buried. :)
[/quote]
I wasnt referring to my lies, I in fact have not told any!

Sure I am sided more with Penn in this, for every reason that CW put above and for the fact, I can not see justifications for the extras they were putting on Mayer.

twisting words as you are attempting dont help in any side of the debate, nor does it seem like you have actually listened to either of the actual parties involved!

I can name an immediate untruth told by Delmege but can not see any from Penn thus far, at least none that I have seen proven nor alleged

CW and Dan love the slick suits.  Maybe want to be one someday, who knows.  Mata's, he's just plain stoopid.

DSM5 link said:
CW and Dan love the slick suits.  Maybe want to be one someday, who knows.  Mata's, he's just plain stoopid.

You hate the d!ck suits then? you like it raw in the mouth?

Sorry you left yourself open for that one. I am indifferent either way on the subject of delmege v penn

Zep,  I certainly didn't leave myself open for 'that one', whatever that means.  I can debate any issue Zep, when it's cogently argued, and without any latent hostility.  Stick to the issues my boy, leave the abuse to others and you'll get by.   

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6