1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Top 8 (as picked by Phil Rothfield)

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Mark from Brisbane, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,746 / 258
    Now firstly I don't like or trust most journo's.....and now I don't beleive many of them (although I would be rapt if his prediction today came true)

Here's his top 8 from todays "Blog"

So without further delay, here is my top eight and the points they will finish on.
    Dragons 42
    Manly 34
    Parra 34
    Panthers 32
    Tigers 32
    Broncos 32
    Warriors 30
    Roosters 28
    I’ve got the Titans and Souths finishing one game out on 26.

Phil Rothfield
    Tue 20 Jul 10 (11:29am)

2. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Hope he's right,Mark.2nd gives us a guaranteed 2nd chance if we lose,and a break if we win.

3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    It's Phil Rothfield.

Obviously if we're good enough to be up 36-0 against the Sharks, we're unstoppable.

He still giving the Sharks a rap, just in a roundabout way.

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'd like to see his reasoning before I'd get to excited .  Don't forget, he's an idiot.

5. abnc

abnc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yeah a little surprised he had us 2nd. I'd be over the moon with a top 4 spot.  But we can't get too far ahead of ourselves. Remember, we're still flying under the radar...

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'm surprised Phil couldn't squeeze the Sharks into 8th spot. Especially now they havea new coach they may finish with a flurry. I think second for us is a bit ambitious, he is obviously thinking we will win 6 out of our last 7 probably only dropping a agme to the Dragons. I don't share his optimism as I think Tigers, Warriors and Roosters will be tough, and I suspect that the Storm will lift against us as well given the rivalry we have developed over the last few years.

I also see he thinks that the Eels will win 7 out of 7 on the run home !!

7. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 57
    Do the NRL ladder predictor. We can only afford to drop 2 more games if we want a top 4 spot. Drop 3 games we'll finish 6,7 or 8. Drop 4 games and we are gooooonnee. Need 30 points to get into the 8.

8. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    hence the reason his photo in the Sun Tele tipping is of him holding a wooden spoon.  Nice thought but a tad unrealistic

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,746 / 258
    Don't worry I wasn't actually taking his prediction as anything more than a "grain of salt" but just thought I'd share it with you all.

10. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +493 / 6
    Dan won't be happy with this reasoning - we can't finish 5th!!

Has anyone (journalist or joe public) ever got a top 8 prediction exactly right? People seem to forget that the reason there are so many teams around us on the ladder is that they're all as inconsistent as Manly has been. Just cross your fingers and hope we win more than we lose.

Oh, and if you're able to get there, make the effort to go to the game on Sunday. There are a lot of Tigers supporters on the Central Coast so we need to ensure there is some vocal support yelling encouragement to the team and the referees.

During the Nthn Eagles debacle the best supported away team at Gosford (apart from knights) was the Tigers.

11. mickqld

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 57
    ****ing Tigers geez they **** me. They get so much unwarranted media attention for a poorly performed club. Their supporters seem to ooze out of the surrounds like mould around a bathtub. **** I hope we clobber them.

12. earl

earl Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The good thing is we play the top 4 so if we get the  points , it means at the same time they dont get any for the weekend , so we jump right ahead.

13. mickqld

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,746 / 57
    Phil the goose hasn't factored in the end of season self mutilation the Saintchokers will go through soon.

14. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Hey I hope he's right with us second!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a prized fool this bloke is, he seriously has no idea.

I do hope he's right though!

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Our differential is a big thing to have up our sleeve at the moment and the way it is could be worth 2-3 spots

17. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I really hope he is right but I have my doubts.
    At the moment the bookies have the Drags as easy Premiership faves at just over $3 followed by 5 teams you can throw a blanket over around $8. Anyone putting the money on Saints must believe the tooth fairy will deposit funds into your account come October 3rd as it is a risky proposition.
    Everyone else is up and down with little consistency. I reckon there are at least 8 teams with a genuine shot this year dependant on form, injuries and momentum.

18. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    I just done the predictor and allowing for me being the worst tipster ever heres the results

Dragons 44
    Panthers 38
    Eagles 32
    Roosters 32
    Warriors 32
    Eels 32
    Broncos 30
    Tigers 30

Titans 30
    Rabbits 26

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor