The TOOVEY Camp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Something has stood out in the first 13 rounds.

Manly has never won a spoon. made finals for the last 10 years.

The journo's expected manly fans to be result driven bunch, who'd jump off board and scream for the coaches head if ever our teams form went south.

This team, this club defy odds. And so far this year us fans have too. Rumours have existed before a ball was kicked about toov's getting the sack.

But the one thing that has all the haters stumped. The one person who has the fans backing is Toov's.

We did just get flogged. Our club has been in turmoil for some time.

The one bloke who's fault that isn't is Toov's. You know it too.

We have lost experienced forwards last year.

New forwards this year in Mateo, Mason, Burgess, Trbojevic, Leary, Sao combined with injuries to both our halves.

Is it any wonder we are a team still finding our feet.

Hard work is the only thing that will start winning us games.

But a bit of stability at our club would ****en help too.

Toov's is the leader. If we didn't have a new board no one would question the great mans credentials.

He's got a proven ability at Nrl level, be it percentage of wins or having taken a team all the way to the Gf.

He has managed to deal with the in fighting and stupidity of two waring factions that has made up our board.

No disrespect to other coaches who's names have been thrown around. But they either won nothing or have no track record in having an ability to how shall we say perhaps have robust conversations with persons at our club that need to be had.

Perhaps Toov's could use an assistant but if this great club ****s on the little guy who has kept it together. It will be the blackest day in memory of this club. Keep supporting the little guy folks.

You know I was trying to think of the difference between the team that tried it's gut's out against the Cowboys and the lacklustre mob that took on Brisbane and could only come up with one thing.

The inclusion of DCE.

Think there is still a faction in the team that can't stomach him.

Something has stood out in the first 13 rounds.

Manly has never won a spoon. made finals for the last 10 years.

The journo's expected manly fans to be result driven bunch, who'd jump off board and scream for the coaches head if ever our teams form went south.

This team, this club defy odds. And so far this year us fans have too. Rumours have existed before a ball was kicked about toov's getting the sack.

But the one thing that has all the haters stumped. The one person who has the fans backing is Toov's.

We did just get flogged. Our club has been in turmoil for some time.

The one bloke who's fault that isn't is Toov's. You know it too.

We have lost experienced forwards last year.

New forwards this year in Mateo, Mason, Burgess, Trbojevic, Leary, Sao combined with injuries to both our halves.

Is it any wonder we are a team still finding our feet.

Hard work is the only thing that will start winning us games.

But a bit of stability at our club would ****en help too.

Toov's is the leader. If we didn't have a new board no one would question the great mans credentials.

He's got a proven ability at Nrl level, be it percentage of wins or having taken a team all the way to the Gf.

He has managed to deal with the in fighting and stupidity of two waring factions that has made up our board.

No disrespect to other coaches who's names have been thrown around. But they either won nothing or have no track record in having an ability to how shall we say perhaps have robust conversations with persons at our club that need to be had.

Perhaps Toov's could use an assistant but if this great club ****s on the little guy who has kept it together. It will be the blackest day in memory of this club. Keep supporting the little guy folks.

Toovey lived of Des's team and once that team broke down he has shown as a coach he has nothing club legend or not he will be made to step down at end of the season. This legend is going out delivering us a wooden spoon. The teams he keeps on picking show he is not up to making the tough decisions. Foran should have been benched from the time he spat the dummy last year a tough coach would have done it. The club has now chosen the future like it or not in DCE and if snake and Matai can't get on board with an attitude adjustment they should be shown the door.

I'm glad bozo is back in control because he won't shy away from making the tough choices.

The inclusion of DCE.

The coach is responsible for cutting that out the club has signed DCE for 8 years so if the guy's who aren't on board with DCE have to go we know who they are Matai,Snake and Foran. Foran is gone and if the other two can't grow up then they should be thrown out.

Toovey has been around as assistant coach or water boy since 2004 it is looking stale

It's time for change. It's time for a new coach.

Point 1
Please don't be confused that how the team is going has any thing to do with 2v being outed as coach. I said it and so did others that Zorba and his Family (PENN) have wanted 2v out since the day they got control. Zorba has pushed along the rift between Cherry and snake that has got 2vs in the middle as he would not listen to them. They wanted him out (2v) before we kicked a ball this year.
Point 2 . Kelly and Penn have said that we are performance based business, then on that we hear that the place will post over 1.5 mil loss and no new major sponsor for next year. Where is Kelly replacement being reported. Kelly had very little to with Cherrys new deal. He listened to Zorba to pull the offer on him. Its Bozo who has fixed that mess.

Last edited:
Point 1
Please don't be confused that how the team is going has any thing to do with 2v being outed as coach. I said it and so did others that Zorba and his Family (PENN) have wanted 2v out since the day they got control. Zorba has pushed along the rift between Cherry and snake that has got 2vs in the middle as he would not listen to them. They wanted him out (2v) before we kicked a ball this year.
Point 2 . Kelly and Penn have said that we are performance based business, then on that we hear that the place will post over 1.5 mil loss and no new major sponsor for next year. Where is Kelly replacement being reported.

I wonder if Zorba can get a sponsorship for the club from Mrs Macs?

I understand the point being made & always will be a massive Toovey fan - the thing is I'm not so convinced the players are buying into his coaching for whatever reason??
Personally seems a great motivator with passion & genuine love of the club more so than other coaches....but regardless of what we think - the players are not giving it their best & lack the belief of many of us fans - well so it appears on the field

You know I was trying to think of the difference between the team that tried it's gut's out against the Cowboys and the lacklustre mob that took on Brisbane and could only come up with one thing.

The inclusion of DCE.

I was trying to dissect that same riddle just the other day.
Things that make you go, Hmmmm.

I'm the most stubborn supporter of Toovey but even I am finding myself questioning his decisions.

He has some good young forwards in the U20s and NSW Cup (L. Knight and A. Demetriou for starters) and yet he insists on selecting players like Hasson! Then he plays him for 5-10mims at the end of the game when all is over? Maybe I'm missing the point to that.

I had it pointed out to me that a little over 1 month ago he "put the players on notice". What's changed since then? I think we can all agree that there are players who are consistently under performing. So why do these players keep getting picked? I understand injuries play a factor but there are many good young players who haven't been given an opportunity.

Simply put, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity. Toovey either has to change something or sadly, the club has to change the coach.

We seem to work on rumours and suggestions. It appears fact that bozo had little to do with up front negotiations with dce signing. Joe Kelly not talking to others coaches. SO it appears to be Bozo lead in planning the new coaching staff. I love t

I am am not against moving Toov's on amicably at the end of the season. But one thing I won't stomach is bringing in and unknown quantity in Barrett or Brown. Neither of those guy's had any Premiership wins in their career's. In fact they were part of very strong teams that consistently found a way to lose. They have not come from a fantastic winning culture. If either of these blokes were as good as the press are stating then why the hell didn't the Dragons get them in for this year. How could they steady the ship and know what takes in Grand Final week to win a GF, truth is they don't. They will drag this club through a coaching term of mediocre performances and strip our winning culture brick by brick and they won't even realise they are doing it. Please Scott Penn I beg you, let Tooves see out his time and then go for a coach with a proven track record.

Do all these guys calling for Tooveys head over not selecting 2 players after months of trying to field a team close to what trained together in the off season, only have 5 missing this game really think it would have changed the result on Friday?

The biggest thing we have been lacking this year is stability so fix 1 thing at a time.

Tom T played the week before and bombed a try that would have won it he is not guaranteed to give you a win.

Since Friday these guys should be playing in NSW cup according to the keyboard coaching collective

Hiku
Lyon
Tafua
Matai
Foran
Burgess
Mason
Sao
Symonds
Horo
Lui
Mateo
Leary

And our first grade side would consist of

Stewart
Tom T
DCE
Jake T
Ballin

with a bench of

Hodges

Do all these guys calling for Tooveys head over not selecting 2 players after months of trying to field a team close to what trained together in the off season, only have 5 missing this game really think it would have changed the result on Friday?

The biggest thing we have been lacking this year is stability so fix 1 thing at a time.

Tom T played the week before and bombed a try that would have won it he is not guaranteed to give you a win.

Since Friday these guys should be playing in NSW cup according to the keyboard coaching collective

Hiku
Lyon
Tafua
Matai
Foran
Burgess
Mason
Sao
Symonds
Horo
Lui
Mateo
Leary

And our first grade side would consist of

Stewart
Tom T
DCE
Jake T
Ballin

with a bench of

Hodges
I'm one of them, I'm proud to admit. How are we travelling by picking the same bunch of players? Let's take Tom Turbo for example. Had he been on the wing instead of Tafua we probably wouldn't have been behind by 12-0 after a few minutes.
Now for Hodges, who is the closest forward we have to Segiario (sic), and those other sharp halfbacks that other teams inject into a match when the opposition forwards are tiring. Are you going to tell me he wouldn't be more effective than one of the many plodding front rowers we've selected on our bench this season? I can name about five of them who wouldn't make any other first grade side!
My criticism of 2V is that you don't keep picking losing teams and hope for an improvement; you have to be proactive.

We culled our forwards to retain the best backline in the competition and we don't have the depth in our juniors to fill the void. By the look of things this has been realised and is going to be addressed but we can't start fixing the problem until next year, we've had 10 years of dominance and we have to stick solid during the re build.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7