The Tool is at it again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We played without 2 of them last week and won by 32 points :)

Manly will keep going, long past the contributions of the current crop of legends :cool:

ManlyMit said:
No1 is going anywhere, Snake will see out his contract and if Matai happens to get his release Hiku will slot straight in, with Gutherson to come onto the wing.
Gifty is a great player and he will always be remembered as a manly player, but we have to face the cold hard facts, he is going to be 31 next year and to me it looks like he is getting more and more injury prone. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself more on the sidelines than the field next season. No one person is bigger than the club, and the club needs to prepare itself for the future.

I believe that there are many who believe otherwise when the name of Daly Cherry-Evans is bandied about.

To them, he is the most important person in the club and must be retained no matter what the cost, even when it comes to the detriment of loyalty, the culture of the club, and the ability to retain or maintain a reliable and competitive team for when he is out injured or on representative duties.

By going down that path, it appears to me that we are to become the next North Queensland Cowboys with Jonathan Thurston or The Parramatta Eels with Jarrod Hayne. Take their star player who they pay the bulk of their salary cap to out of the team and suddenly their team becomes uncompetitive.

I'm all for keeping Daly Cherry-Evens at Manly as any Manly fan does because of what he brings to the side but there has to be a line drawn in the sand for a limit to what we can afford to pay him as well as keeping enough to be able to afford to keep, maintain and attract worthwhile signings to keep the side competitive when our star signing is out of the game either through injury (possibly long-term) or on representative duties.

HappilyManly said:
We played without 2 of them last week and won by 32 points :)

Manly will keep going, long past the contributions of the current crop of legends :cool:

Hear hear!

Rothtool got absolutely smashed in the comments section lol :)

Sounds like Rothfool has been bubbling with Toddy at Northies on the weekend.

No team other than Manly wanted Glen in the early days and Matai should think where his career would have ended up if the sharks signed him and not manly.

The NRL has to take the blame due to their pathetically inadequate long serving player allowance. It should mirror the AFL's allowance.

He has to be taking the Carney - this piece is on the same page...

Future bright at Sharks

WHO says the Cronulla Sharks have no future?

Five players from the club were selected in the Australian Schoolboys team on Friday night — Ashley Nisbet, Connor Tracey, ­Jayden Walker, Jayden Brailey and Keenan Yorston.

Four of them are local juniors.

Unlike the ones that got away — Michael ­Lichaa, Tyrone Peachey and Chad Townsend — officials are determined to sign this next batch of stars to long-term deals.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-rothfield-great-form-of-manly-sea-eagles-masks-huge-dramas-at-the-nrl-club/story-fni3fh9n-1226987418218

sheridanstand78 said:
Ahh good old Rothtool and the news limited filth.

They never miss a chance to sink the slipper in.

As for Rothtool, he normally vents his poison at us when his beloved fish fingers crash and lets face it thats nearly every week.

Player disunity blah blah blah, we have heard it all before. This guy is sooooo envious of Manly, you cant blame him as a Sharks fan as we have crushed them any time they look like succeeding.

Our club culture is something that he can only dream of for his fishies.

The truth is that no one at our club pretty much talks to any of the news filth.

Keep writing your bile Rothtool and we will keep on winning, you are a pathetic excuse for a sports writer.

Don't just think it's news filth. There is a history of Fairfax commentators that have loved making up stuff against Manly, not least Roy Masters re-writing history.

I'm sure 15 sets of other clubs supporters wish they were facing our 'crisis', particularly on the back of such a successful period.

Imagine supporting a club where kids making rep is the highlight of the season.

There comes a time when stuff in the media becomes too stupid to respond to. Phil has delivered here.
My question to Phil would be "What do the Sharks plan to do to "celebrate" 50 years in the competition come 2017?" Do you celebrate ? Or do you say this has been such a bad joke lets call it a day and put d&%heads like Phil out of their misery.

Lord Eagleton said:
He has horrendous burst blood vessels on his face. Likely from being a piss head. Perhaps it's some kind of red-faced karma / irony from all the years of disinformation he has peddled.

You've gotta laugh in this age of photoshop that his photo in the paper is of some aged piss pot who looks like he crawled out of the gutter from Northies. Then again I suppose there had to be some part of reality in his article.

Seriously why does ANYONE on here even read the Smellograpgh, or for those of us in QLD , the Bronco Mail .

I get my Manly news on Silvertails, thanks @Dan

mickqld said:
Lord Eagleton said:
He has horrendous burst blood vessels on his face. Likely from being a piss head. Perhaps it's some kind of red-faced karma / irony from all the years of disinformation he has peddled.

You've gotta laugh in this age of photoshop that his photo in the paper is of some aged piss pot who looks like he crawled out of the gutter from Northies. Then again I suppose there had to be some part of reality in his article.

Sad, sad little man.

So according to Orr, Matai hasnt 2nd time for a release. he asked early in the season, we said no and now they are looking to sign him for another 3 years. The NZ paper was dredging up the past and the piss pot jumps on it without checking any facts with the relevant parties. What a tosser of the highest order.

Where does the Tool get his information? Maybe the same tool within the club that managed to dob our beloved Wolfie in for gambling. How can both tools sleep at night? Especially that grub that leaks information about our players. Let's all stand up and rid of the germ/disease in our club. We don't need a BIG FAT UGLY GRUB in our club.

mickqld said:
So according to Orr, Matai hasnt 2nd time for a release. he asked early in the season, we said no and now they are looking to sign him for another 3 years. The NZ paper was dredging up the past and the piss pot jumps on it without checking any facts with the relevant parties. What a tosser of the highest order.

Honestly can't believe how he's still got a job.

silvertail said:
mickqld said:
Lord Eagleton said:

Sad, sad little man.
Beetroot face with an inferiority complex.

Jethro said:
bob dylan said:
I wonder when Zorba will stop this rubbish.

Probably when he's dead :mad:

Judging by his waistline we might not have long to wait.

What a knob Zorba is. I cannot stand people who make out they bleed maroon and white and would do anything for the club......BULLS***. Absolute hypocrite who just wants what he can get out of it. You know who bleeds maroon and white? Geoff Toovey....Steve Menzies. These are the people who put their heart and soul into this club, only for grubs like you to pull the rug out from beneath them. You are an absolute disgrace.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6