The Sydney Exodus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So with my exodus from Sydney just around the corner, I have been talking to many of my friends and acquaintances and it appears that many of them are similarly to me, are jumping ship and getting out of Sydney.

Many of them are moving overseas for a few years but others are also heading into the country, Blue Mountains (god knows why), Victoria and basically anywhere they can outside of Sydney.

The obvious reasons being cost of living and the amount of people. I personally am sick of traffic and stress.

Wondering if anyone else is planning a move or getting away from Sydney?

Dan

The population of Melbourne is booming at the moment, largely because you can live 20 minutes from the city for about 450K. 

Melbourne closes gap on Sydney

The study also found that Melbourne was closing the gap on Sydney as Australia's largest metropolis, with its population growth nearly doubling that of the harbour city.

I wonder how long until people want out of melbourne too

Personally I am looking forward to country life!

House settles on Monday, but I move up there on 7th of June

Ah, just in time to enjoy a glorious QLD winter and some great fishing. 8)

And you'll be able to watch SoO amonst the winners  ;D

lol

I need to start finding some good fishing spots and saving for a boat as well.

Where was it you are located nodd?

I'm in Brissie Dan, But spent a lot of time up that way as it was  the old man's stomping grounds when he grew up.

My sis lives in Maryborough( about 1/2 hour drive) and just gave birth to her 4th at hervey bay.

We get up there whenever we can.

I ended up buying in Urraween right near the new Eli Waters Woolworths and near where the wildlife park use to be

I understand that Sydney is still growing, but much more slowly. The growth relates to drift from the country and immigration as many Sydneysiders are moving north for the climate and cheaper real estate.

Dan link said:
I wonder how long until people want out of melbourne too

Personally I am looking forward to country life!

The growth will probably stop in Melbourne when enough bogans have left Sydney for the central coast and qld, and sydney becomes bearable again !! ;)

I will be out of the Sydney within 5 years and back to Port Macquarie, we have a house up there but are just renting it out at the moment.  I do not think I could handle it up there just yet. It will be shock to your system at first Dan, would be all keen now but then the reality of living in small town will set in, but a after a few months you will adjust.

Yeah I am prepared for the shock. Although Leanne has been oing it for 3 weeks and already loves it

Good luck to you Dan, I've lucrative offers to work up in Brisbane. But the mrs wont move up. I would go though.

Mate, if I had a work offer to get out of Sydney I would take it, as it is I get to keep my job and work from home so the decision was simple

I still do not mind Sydney at the moment, takes me 20 minutes walk to work and lots to do on the weekends, although I have only been here 9 and a bit years, if I had been here longer my view would probably be different.  Once we think of kids which is in the next few years I will leave for sure.

I'll move out of Sydney within a year. Queensland has no chance of being a spot, partly because it is full of bleating Queenslanders (which can really get anoying very quickly :p) and the weather with the high humidity sucks. Somewhere like Port will be perfect.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6