The supporter Group name is

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Give 'em a new name. They'll still want to sit down & not get loud. At the end of the day it'll still be the same bunch of amateurs with only two chants that they never use.

If being part of some kind of organisation makes people feel good, that's fine. I just hope they'll make some noise. Do me & Fluff always have to be the ones to lose our voices ?

Maybe the logo should be a chick, pleasuring five blokes, in Manly jerseys.

It's a lame name, but I guess due to lack of any worthwhile alternatives it was always going to poll highly.

I hope the concept in general is a success though, but it will really be dependant on the teams continued on field success. Manly fans have proven themselves pretty fickle in the past and they'll drop this concept pretty quick if we have a repeat of the performances from 3-4 seasons ago.

Gimme an M, gimme an A, gimme an N............... :lol:

Some of you blokes are just born whingers!

Whinge when they don't do something ,whinge when they do do something.

Fair enough you might not like the name name or the logo but at least something has been done which you all wanted? And done by a democratic vote>

Some of you blokes are just born whingers!

Whinge when they don't do something ,whinge when they do do something.

Fair enough you might not like the name name or the logo but at least something has been done which you all wanted? And done by a democratic vote>

I can't say that I was ever in favour of any kind of "official" club or group or whatever. All I wanted is for whoever happens to be at wherever we are, to be united as Manly supporters. Do we need labels ?
People just need to wake up to themselvelves & realise that a home game is something to be taken advantage of & an away game is something to be nulified.
If you're not a "screaming eagle", does that mean you can't join in ? The answer is no. So what does it prove ?
All we need to do is group together & make noise. Rev up the team, intimidate the ref & annoy the opposition.
I just can't see this making soft cocks hard.

It's a lame name, but I guess due to lack of any worthwhile alternatives it was always going to poll highly.
I am a bit surprised they have chosen the name so quickly from an internet poll. I wonder how many fans who actually go to the games voted or indeed visit the official site. Did they give the number of people who voted ?

BTW the Eagle Maniacs was by far the best name :lol:

[quote author=Chip & Chase]
I am a bit surprised they have chosen the name so quickly from an internet poll. I wonder how many fans who actually go to the games voted or indeed visit the official site. Did they give the number of people who voted ?

BTW the Eagle Maniacs was by far the best name :lol:

[/quote]

Sore loser ;)

Give 'em a new name. They'll still want to sit down & not get loud. At the end of the day it'll still be the same bunch of amateurs with only two chants that they never use.

If being part of some kind of organisation makes people feel good, that's fine. I just hope they'll make some noise. Do me & Fluff always have to be the ones to lose our voices ?

Maybe the logo should be a chick, pleasuring five blokes, in Manly jerseys.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One advantage I hope of having a supporter group is some form of widely known intimidating chants. Having just watched the movie 300 there is a lot that can be done with these, and if heard across a ground can be very powerful.

Sorta like
Who, Who, Who
Man-ly, Man-ly, Man-ly (as you beat your chest :))

B, B, B
Bea-ver, Bea-ver, Bea-ver

... and other players

Actually I would settle for anything as we have next to nothing now.

Might as well just call the group the screaming bitches.

The opposition supporters are going to have fun with that name.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the name , but if the idea gets the support than it can only be a good thing for the club. I have noticed this season that The Sharks seem to have formed a supporters group. They wear the same shirts and are always visible & audible at home and away games.

I feel for this to be succesful , it needs to get the support at "away" games. It's OK to say " I'll join and will try and get to a few home games next season" but with home games , the club has a good support base anyway. It's away games , where the support is more important.

I attend pretty much every Manly game ( except QLD & NZ ) and same as mentioned previously , I prefer to sit with mates and enjoy the game rather than dress up in full combat gear and be the target of other unsavoury football supporters ( in particular : Bulldogs , Parra , Dragons , Homebush Hares ).

For those that choose to support the concept , well done and hope it works. As far as atmosphere goes , it will always be hard to beat the good old days at The McCartney Terrace (North Sydney Oval ) for the Northern Spirit games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6