The sooner Orford realises....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
That he can't break the line so he shouldn't try

That he doesn't have much skill with the ball so he shouldn't try and use it

That you don't need to be a hero on the 3rd tackle when the opposition is shot to bits so don't try

That he is at best a link player with a decent kicking game and a good tackler and hard worker and nothing else

The better off Manly will be.

I hate that word resign. 
Orford resigns for Manly (woo i hear some of you say)
Orford resigns from Manly (woo i hear the others)
It's too confusing!

And contract talks are still going.  I wonder why, i thought Trent H was tearing it up in QLD Cup?

eggson link said:
And contract talks are still going.  I wonder why, i thought Trent H was tearing it up in QLD Cup?

He is. The week that he didn't play because he had been chosen as halfback for the XXXX Queensland Residents team that played NSW Residents as a curtain-raiser to SOO3, the SCSE were flogged 46 - 22 by the Souths Logan Magpies.

His running game is 1 of his strongest assets imo, to say he can't break the line is just silly.

Lack of skill with the ball is debatable as well, not sure where he is now, but last I looked he was 2nd in the try assists category, and Watmough is certainly enjoying running off his balls at times

Not bagging anyone out but for crying out loud some of you are fickle lot.

If Orford would have taken a field goal in the last minute of play rather than attempt to get the 4 point try we would have gone into extra time and still no guarantee that we could have won the game.

If Orfords attempt at getting the win (a better pass to T-Rex and relying on him to catch and hold onto the ball without slipping) then we would have managed the win and everyone would have been singing their praises.

The way I saw it was that the tigers got the bounce of the ball in the first half, one intercept and a blocked grubber lead to two length of the field tries now that was just arse luck. If Manly would have broken the line and scored it would have been a different result.

First half wasn’t our night but we are still in the eight. And as bitterly disappointed as I was at the loss, was very quiet for the remainder of the night being in mourning after a loss this may well just have been the wake up call the boys needed before finals football starts.

GO the Sea Eagles 2009

OEE, apparently is Orford's fault the team were down 18-0. It was Orford's fault according to some that the drought's have been plaguing the country area's.

FFS - do people actually remember what it was like before Ox was around? What, with our Mullane's, Ferris's, Dorn's, Monaghan's (to  a much lesser degree, as I rate him as well).

What I made of that game was that the best team didn't win this one. The tigers were having one of those nights where alot seemed to go there way.

The 2 minute mark saw Benji Marshall kick a booming kick downfield... fair enough T. Williams wasn't back there but I doubt you'd expect him to be back there on the 3rd tackle 2 mins in..... anyway that ball was kick from mid field and headed towards the 30m line only to bounce 1 metre in from touch and bounce down along the touchline before kicking itself out just after the 20m line...that was a very lucky bounce.

That was just the beginning.

The marshall try was unfortunate.. a good catch but you can't help those things...

All three tries were scored when WE were on the attack. We didn't really let in a "proper/constructed" try if you ask me. We were the better team all game but Wests did scramble exceptionaly well and also held the ball all night... I barely remember them dropping it.

I don't think that loss will cause any sort of a ripple on our way to back to back premierships.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8