The sky is blue!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hardly seen a Blue Sky in Queensland since October, had to stick my head out to see and yes I concur it was Blue (although dark clouds are now everywhere overhead so it didn't last for long).

Very nice of you to think about the Weather today Mata's

You worry me Matabele.
The guy has had and it seems continues to have serious health problems.
Is your footy brain incapable of making a distinction between blindly supporting Manly and the possibility of Graham Lowe's ticker failing him.
Time to get a perspective grip, buddy.

We would be buggered garts, we would be absolutely no chance of a win in a game, he would bet the entire club on it, we win the match as always and no more manly ;)

I'll tell you what Garts - I leave all aspects of the playing group up to Des / Crusher. I step up when required when we need to acquire a player. I have an uncanny skill of being able to sell really hard to sell products, especially if there is a value add in it for both parties.

I sign Des Hasler for whatever length contract he would like (obviously within a means to be able to afford him).

If I'm CEO, first thing I'd do is phone my business contacts in pretty high places I've met through my prior employ to source a major sponsor. I don't rest until that is done. I want a major corporate.

I give Larissa a payrise, and ask her to do some PR work, along with her membership work.

I don't know the logistics, but if Aaron or Dan could have some more influence on the official site, I do that.

I hold two forums. One with fans. One with Sea Eagles staff. I ask them to tell me in their views what could be done more, better, different and less than present to improve all operations.

I get on the phone to The Bronco's, The Rabbits memberships, and maybe some cross code groups to acquire / share best practices.

I phone a few contacts in council, and ask them to help me lobby the new sports minister, and yeah, I turn up at his door to make it happen.

I use my experience to go through the books. I'm SURE things could be done better, and I'm betting I could turn a profit. Lets face it, this is a very small business (10 mill odd turnover). Should be some easy wins there.

I create a compelling community, so that my stakeholders feel obliged through a feeling of belonging, to sell the brand FOR me, and with me.

I simplify the memberships with the Leagues Club, Football Club and whatever else there is, and I make some tough decisions about staff / volunteers that may not be up with the times. That doesn't necessarily mean sacking. That could mean training. If training is scoffed at / frowned upon, then we need to look at alternatives.

We need to be more pro-active in the community / media.

I could go on, but these are a few things I'd focus on. I'd also want more coin than Lowe was on. If I do well where I am, lets face it, I could do much better than what Manly could pay me :)

So Ryan, you're applying then?

bazeagle said:
You worry me Matabele.
Is your footy brain incapable of making a distinction between blindly supporting Manly and the possibility of Graham Lowe's ticker failing him.

His health issues were something Ryan and I pointed out before he was appointed and we were howled down for it. Perhaps it was cruel to appoint him in the first place?

Lowe came in, he did the job he had to and now he is moving on due to the health issues he had before he got the job. Leave him alone, we all know he hasn't been well and its now time to bring in a CEO that is hired to grow the brand, not one that was brought in just to stop the in-fighting.

Jono said:
Lowe came in, he did the job he had to and now he is moving on due to the health issues he had before he got the job. Leave him alone, we all know he hasn't been well and its now time to bring in a CEO that is hired to grow the brand, not one that was brought in just to stop the in-fighting.

You're right he is unwell, we could see that so surely the club could see it & he would've known it. So the question is why did he continue on despite his health issues. Could've stood down in the offseason & allowed the club time to find a successor rather than bailing early on in the season when everything is starting to happen. Selfish action IMO.

Either way I'm happy that this chapter of our history is coming to a close. No more fighting owners would be lovely, thanks.

Matabele said:
So Ryan, you're applying then?

bazeagle said:
You worry me Matabele.

His health issues were something Ryan and I pointed out before he was appointed and we were howled down for it. Perhaps it was cruel to appoint him in the first place?

Long bow Matabele. Leave the guy alone. He could not be around on this planet for much longer. He deserves respect.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Wolfpack said:
You're right he is unwell, we could see that so surely the club could see it & he would've known it. So the question is why did he continue on despite his health issues. Could've stood down in the offseason & allowed the club time to find a successor rather than bailing early on in the season when everything is starting to happen. Selfish action IMO.

Ridiculous assumption to make, and then to use that to decide Lowe was selfish? You must be joking.

Wolfpack said:
Either way I'm happy that this chapter of our history is coming to a close. No more fighting owners would be lovely, thanks.

You may have missed it, but we don't have fighting owners any more.
That was sorted some time ago, with a minimum of public fuss. During Lowe's tenure, by the way.

Ryan said:
I could go on, but these are a few things I'd focus on. I'd also want more coin than Lowe was on. If I do well where I am, lets face it, I could do much better than what Manly could pay me :)

Chuck your hat in the ring, why not? Lowe made it known he was interested and ended up getting a run.

If you got it what's the worst that could happen? You might get ridiculed by silvertails posters ... oh yeah, that sometimes happens anyway :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ridiculous assumption to make, and then to use that to decide Lowe was selfish? You must

He had health issues for a long time, after a year in the job you would think he would know whether he is cut out for another year or not. It just doesn't seem like something that has sprung up out of the blue. I'm just annoyed that we find ourselves without a CEO as we approach the middle of the season, a time when the clubs employees surely have enough on their plate as is.

Perhaps selfish was a poor choice of words, but I still think he should have made a call sooner.

Regarding the owners, yes I know that the in-fighting has been done for some time now. Lowe did his job in quelling that stoush & keeping it behind closed doors, well done to him. What I meant by my comment was that everyone knows that was what he was brought in for & as such when people think of Lowe the matter of the in-fighting usually pops up. Not saying he did a poor job of it at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2