The Silvertails Facebook page.. It's rubbish!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Luli

You are a fair bit younger than I (by about 30 years)....and whilst you may think this is rubbish it's actually part of our "culture" a bit like the guys shown on the NRL trophy, nothing like todays "Gladiators" but nevertheless a very important part of the history and culture of the club.

Not every person who is on Facebook is a teenager, or in their 20's, and whilst I am all for freedom of speach I would NEVER join your group....I very rarely find the need to use an expeltive (well maybe when I smash my finger with a hammer), but in the everyday I find it tiresome and will just walk away from any conversation that is filled with profanities.....NO I am not a "god botherer"...and I am not a "old fuddy duddy".....I just find it uneccesary.

And whilst this old poem is just that..."old"...it is also a part of what makes the Sea Eagles...the Sea Eagles.

You would do yourself a favour by doing a little research and realising that not all people think like you.

Have a good day and GO MANLY

I fly FIRST CLASS all the time, funded by the enormous profits I make from my Sea Eagles tours.

I reckon by 2021 I'll have enough for another one!!!

Silvertails & Fibros, I might order that doco to have a look.

As for the history, yes Manly was hated for poaching stars which other clubs couldn't afford to keep. Masters invented his bastardised version of class war to motivate his team - which was always hypocritical because all the other clubs tried to buy players too, including Wests, it's just that we were more successful at it.

We are still hated for that historical reason even though we no longer have a financial advantage. Apart from anything else, there is a salary cap! As for that chant, it is about on a par with Roy Masters and would have been funny 20 or 30 years ago. The idea of Lyon sipping champagne in Wee Waa as Seu Seu nibbles caviar etc etc is pretty daft, and the notion of belittling people because they less well paid, less educated, less teeth etc is of course fundamentally offensive. As someone already said, many Manly fans are probably in those categories, as well as some players!! We can be justifiably proud of our club's achievements without needing that kind of thinking to be a public part of our future.

dceagle link said:
Yes I agree , this rubbish is offensive and elitist.

And yes I was around in the 70s and 80s . I didn't like it then , and I still don't now.

As a matter of fact 80% of Manly fans don't even live on the peninsula.

I would be pretty sure neither the club or the players would endorse this vitriole.
Having a lend. I've never actually tasted caviar and I prefer beer. I think the whole Silvertails image is quite funny as there's at least a little bit of bogan in most rugby league supporters. My man-servant Brad who peels my grapes thinks it's funny too.

I'd go to the Parra game tomorrow but my chauffeur unfairly insisted on having the weekend off to visit his mother in hospital. Seriously, how do these people expect a supporter to attend a Corporate box? No bottle of Yellow for this one this Xmas.

Nate link said:
ignorance is bliss?!

The name of your Facebook page is \"Oh.. So you hate Manly? Well, go F*CK yourself!\" and yet you don't even know/care for where that hate started.

You talk big in a schoolyard full of tools, but the silvertails aren't like that. Run along.

Thought I mentioned that on my original post? I know someone would pull that one up.. Good work, you're on fire champion. And yes.. I have acknowledged it on my page.

My question is however. Why alienate supporters? You think they want to read that? I don't know..? Maybe you like turning your nose up at our own fans. Maybe you like thinking you're better then others. But I don't..

"One man cannot hold another man down in the ditch without remaining down in the ditch with him." -Booker T. Washington

Rambo1987 link said:
find some old footage on the late 70's and early 80's and watch the 2 team try to kill each other - i mean try to kill each other - no other way to describe it - it was war on the footy field - Donnelly Gibbs - Tom Raudonikis - Bruc Clark vs Terry Randal - l Steven Knight - Mark Broadhurst - Les Boyd. It was the toughest games ever.

I will Rambo, thanks..

I have seen some of the old footage before. I know they did go at each other like madmen. I do realise how mental the rivalry was/is.. But that's not relevant when we talk about Manly fans.

All fans of sport come with different backgrounds.. Some are battlers, some have it good. The only common factor that binds us together, if our passion for Manly. I mean, even the majority of Northern Beaches residents are "working poor". We pay the cost of living here.. We're not all James Packers.

Cheers.

What people are missing is that this is all pure theatre.  We're playing to type.  Every successful competition has a villain, and whether we like it or not, Manly is very high up the villain tree in the NRL.  Occasionally we're knocked off our perch by a team going through a heinous patch (Bulldogs of 2004-7 comes to mind) but in terms of a staple of being a side people will consistently hate, we're it.

So whether we ourselves are elitist or not, it's a tag anyone who is associated with Manly has to bear, foisted on us by others.  So I can;t see a bit of tongue in cheek embracing of it does any harm.

And if you really don't like it, just don't go there.

Matabele link said:
What people are missing is that this is all pure theatre.  We're playing to type.  Every successful competition has a villain, and whether we like it or not, Manly is very high up the villain tree in the NRL.  Occasionally we're knocked off our perch by a team going through a heinous patch (Bulldogs of 2004-7 comes to mind) but in terms of a staple of being a side people will consistently hate, we're it.

So whether we ourselves are elitist or not, it's a tag anyone who is associated with Manly has to bear, foisted on us by others.  So I can;t see a bit of tongue in cheek embracing of it does any harm.

hes obviously just retalating to you bagging his page both attacks are uncalled for

nothing wrong with either groups

mata sometimes u need to take the stick out of your arse, we arent aristrocrats were footy fans
90% of footy fans would use the word **** at some stage.

liueli grow up theres nothing wrong with the silvertails group or ures ignore matas most of us do :p

There is something wrong with Luigi's Info page. 

Premiership: 6 (1972-73, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1996, 2008)

Home Grounds: Brookvale Oval

Matabele link said:

ok he cant count :)

Cambo link said:
liueli grow up theres nothing wrong with the silvertails group or ures ignore matas most of us do :p
  Isn't it about time you stopped paying me attention each and every time you post then?  Look at your signature!!!

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182713.msg255552#msg255552 date=1269056334]
What people are missing is that this is all pure theatre.  We're playing to type.  Every successful competition has a villain, and whether we like it or not, Manly is very high up the villain tree in the NRL.  Occasionally we're knocked off our perch by a team going through a heinous patch (Bulldogs of 2004-7 comes to mind) but in terms of a staple of being a side people will consistently hate, we're it.

So whether we ourselves are elitist or not, it's a tag anyone who is associated with Manly has to bear, foisted on us by others.  So I can;t see a bit of tongue in cheek embracing of it does any harm.

hes obviously just retalating to you bagging his page both attacks are uncalled for

nothing wrong with either groups

mata sometimes u need to take the stick out of your arse, we arent aristrocrats were footy fans
90% of footy fans would use the word F**k at some stage.

[/quote]

OK Cambo.. I guess you're right, I'll get over it. I just have a thing about people who look down on others. I'm just sticking up for Manly fans who are battlers.

I've gotta respect someone who tells it straight. I'll pull my head in.

Thanks mate.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182713.msg255558#msg255558 date=1269056948]

[/quote]

A straight cut and paste job from The Daily Telegraph. Sorry.. My bad for not checking.

Metabele, you secretly love my page  :D Haha!

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=182713.msg255560#msg255560 date=1269057037]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182713.msg255558#msg255558 date=1269056948]

[/quote]

A straight cut and paste job from The Daily Telegraph. Sorry.. My bad for not checking.

[/quote] Yeah, I'm obsessed.

[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah, I'm obsessed.
[/quote]

I know..

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=182713.msg255555#msg255555 date=1269056654]

Isn't it about time you stopped paying me attention each and every time you post then?  Look at your signature!!!
[/quote]

Oi Metabele.. Do you have any control how creepy you are?  :eek:

You deleted my signature.. Don't you think that's a little weird? Is this how you get back at people? Haha, dude you've got issues! I hope people see what you've done and realise how wrong you are.. You're not right mate, up there *points to head* ;D  Haha!

People are right.. You're better off being ignored.  ;D

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6