The Silvertails Facebook page.. It's rubbish!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Liueli of Brookvale

Reserve Grader
Seriously.. Who wrote this garbage?! It's embarrassing! Obviously you know nothing about Manly fans. Just because Roy Masters makes up some bullsh*t up back in the day.. Doesn't make it true. This dribble is embarrassing.. It doesn't represent "us".

"You live in Fibro out in the sticks,
We live by the seaside in a house of bricks,

You buy Holden’s, Volkswagen too,
We buy Mercedes, Volvos by the two

You eat the meat pies, sausage rolls as well.
We eat the oysters
You eat the shells !

You save the coins
We save the notes !

You buy the dinghies
We buy the boats !

You play the pokies and back the gee gees,
We play the market, and earn with our degrees.

You buy rissoles from a butcher named Keith,
We dine on steak 'cause we've still got... "

I've got 900+ fans on my FB page, "Oh.. So you hate Manly? Well, go F*CK yourself!", and I wouldn't DARE type this rubbish up. I know.. I know, I did cop a bit of grief over the name of my page, but it's all tongue and cheek.. A bit of fun.

This nonsense however sounds.. elitist. I mean maybe 2% of our fans could relate to this, but you alienate 98%! You'd be surprised where our die-hard fans are from.. Just a tip, some are "Westies" and eat "Meat pies".. I mean? Who doesn't right?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
You obviously were not around in the 70s and 80s when this chant was going around

No. Were you?

I guess I missed out on all the fun.. I was born in '83. Is it an old chant? And if so.. I still don't believe it represent us. I've got people on my page from all over Sydney.. Even Parramatta.

Champagne and caviar.. Sounds like a rah-rah set to me. I've never seen anyone eat "caviar" nor drink "Champagne" on The Hill. Are you sure this isn't a Rugby Union forum?

Yes I agree , this rubbish is offensive and elitist.

And yes I was around in the 70s and 80s . I didn't like it then , and I still don't now.

As a matter of fact 80% of Manly fans don't even live on the peninsula.

I would be pretty sure neither the club or the players would endorse this vitriole.

dceagle link said:
Yes I agree , this rubbish is offensive and elitist.

And yes I was around in the 70s and 80s . I didn't like it then , and I still don't now.

As a matter of fact 80% of Manly fans don't even live on the peninsula.

I would be pretty sure neither the club or the players would endorse this vitriole.

Someone here is talking some sense!

Well when you've been successfully running a supporters website for 7 years, come back and lecture us. 

Matabele link said:
Well when you've been successfully running a supporters website for 7 years, come back and lecture us. 

Well I guess that makes you better than me? Hey.. Next time I'm on the hill, I'll bring the champagne and oysters, and we can chat over it.

Can you image that?! You'd be laughed out of Brookie Oval.. Laughed out of the suburb, and laughed out of Sydney. You crack me up Metabele.. You;re alright.

Well the normal badge of having arrived is free sangas, but champagne and oysters will do.  Even better if it's served in a corporate box in a new eastern grandstand.

Matabele link said:
Well the normal badge of having arrived is free sangas, but champagne and oysters will do.  Even better if it's served in a corporate box in a new eastern grandstand.

Not sure about the corporate box.. But I do agree on the sangas. I'll have mine with onion and tomato sauce please.  ;)

find some old footage on the late 70's and early 80's and watch the 2 team try to kill each other - i mean try to kill each other - no other way to describe it - it was war on the footy field - Donnelly Gibbs - Tom Raudonikis - Bruc Clark vs Terry Randal - l Steven Knight - Mark Broadhurst - Les Boyd. It was the toughest games ever.

ignorance is bliss?!

The name of your Facebook page is "Oh.. So you hate Manly? Well, go F*CK yourself!" and yet you don't even know/care for where that hate started.

You talk big in a schoolyard full of tools, but the silvertails aren't like that. Run along.

Liueli of Brookvale link said:
Seriously.. Who wrote this garbage?! It's embarrassing! Obviously you know nothing about Manly fans. Just because Roy Masters makes up some bullsh*t up back in the day.. Doesn't make it true. This dribble is embarrassing.. It doesn't represent \"us\".

\"You live in Fibro out in the sticks,
We live by the seaside in a house of bricks,

You buy Holden’s, Volkswagen too,
We buy Mercedes, Volvos by the two

You eat the meat pies, sausage rolls as well.
We eat the oysters
You eat the shells !

You save the coins
We save the notes !

You buy the dinghies
We buy the boats !

You play the pokies and back the gee gees,
We play the market, and earn with our degrees.

You buy rissoles from a butcher named Keith,
We dine on steak 'cause we've still got... \"

I've got 900+ fans on my FB page, \"Oh.. So you hate Manly? Well, go F*CK yourself!\", and I wouldn't DARE type this rubbish up. I know.. I know, I did cop a bit of grief over the name of my page, but it's all tongue and cheek.. A bit of fun.

This nonsense however sounds.. elitist. I mean maybe 2% of our fans could relate to this, but you alienate 98%! You'd be surprised where our die-hard fans are from.. Just a tip, some are \"Westies\" and eat \"Meat pies\".. I mean? Who doesn't right?

Psh...did this just go straight over your head mate? Sure it may have had a slightly different intention (Can't say for sure due to me not being even being the slimmest of an idea when it first featured  :p) when first created but that song now is just poking fun at the Silvertails tag. If you go to a Manly game you will hear the support group chanting loads of "anti-westie" songs.

It's all just for a bit of fun & to play up to the percieved image of our club. If my Parramatta supporting mother who lives in Wattlegrove could see that about the songs then surely you can to.

Stop being such a sensitive prima donna.

I watched the Fibro vs Silvertails Doco and was shocked by the depth of the feeling - how it almost spilled over into wide scale civic unrest.  Wests emerged from that debacle as heroes, when really Roy Masters was guilty of widespread social manipulation and should have been locked up. 

Byso, I have had caviar.  When I've flown First Class.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6