The silver lining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Now this is over and we can all take a deep breath, I'll put this out there. Not only do I think the NRL has got the suspensions about right, I also think they have inadvertently done us a favour. This weeks game is basically a non-event to the point that a week ago there was debate on this site as to whether we should rest players. Well, the NRL has done it for us. Snake (who's now injured anyway) could always have done with a week off due to injuries he's had. With Foz's Kamikaze style, I'd be amazed if he isn't playing with some sort of niggle, as most players are are the stage of the season. Gift is a big loss, but I believe we have the cattle to get to the GF without him, then to have him fresh for the GF could be what gets us over the line.

While I agree to some extent it is also very disruptive to team harmony at this stage to have all these changes. Also we really need everyone on deck fit and firing for ALL the semis. No game is easy in premiership matches let alone semi finals when it is do or die. Losing Gift for the knockout semis is going to be very very tough for us.

I think you're spot-on as well, mate. I was staggered that we didn't rest a few more for this week... but I guess that's a by-product of the fact there is still a minute chance of Brisbane finishing 2nd.

Team harmony shouldn't be a problem, they're not suspended from training. I won't be surprised if we drop Sundays game, the odds of another victory at Lang park get slimmer with every previous win there, mind you we'll be screaming for the boys to spoil Darrens little party. It's good to put all this weeks bull**** behind us and look forward to the the finals.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4