The signs are good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We are really building to something here. The play is getting better each week, the injury situation is starting to slowly come back to us as well. 23-6 doesn't really reflect just how dominant we were tonight, we were all over them and barely threatened, our odds will come right in after that one

Defence, awesome. 2 weeks against 2 of the hotter NRL attacking sides, and not 1 try conceded through the hands, outstanding.

Attack, the plays are working as they should, but just lacking the bit of polish to finish things off at the moment, definitely heading in the right direction though

Foran's form is skyrocketing, which is another huge positive, seems in total control and running that left hand side well

Kite is in the form of his life again as well, another huge game from him, and when he fires, we fire and win comps

Lyon, nothing needs to be said. His combination with Wolfman is vital as well, Wolf runs great lines off him and is always in the right place.

I thought our attack was better tonight which was good. Still some timing issues but we are getting there - in fact if we didn't have the dropsies first half we would have killed them.

So I agree.... just slightly more 'click' and we can go back to back.

Wolf works well off Lyon (as most would) but i gotta say i think wolfie has been down on form the last few weeks

And we'll get better when Matai and King return.
A great overall effort. Too many mistakes in the first half, but everybody really tried hard and defended beautifully.
The second half was near faultless.

Our defense has gotten much better over the last month, our timing with our attack is still off but once it fully clicks, look out.

Defence wins game and we were awesome in defence tonight. And special mention to Brent Kite he was inspirational tonight deserved MOM. If we can't re-sign him he will be sorely missed easily the best forward for a few weeks now.

Foz and DCE are starting to hit their straps after an interrupted season. Foz especially has lifted the last 2 weeks, his will to win is unbelievable.

Kite, Joey and Georgie were huge tonight, making metres with ease up the middle.

It's all starting to fall in place, if injuries are kind to us wel be unstoppable!!!

Really liked how they didn't talk themselves up in the media this week. An article from Gift on how they are not certainties for the Top8 and BOOM - fab performance. Unlike previous games of talk in the media of going B2B and then follow up with a piss poor effort. Looks like they have refocused at the right end of the season and it bodes well on the run home to the finals.

That was such a great win. You knew they had Souths measure in the first half.

Just get the timing right, which they did, and voila! Smashex!

I agree, Kiwi.

We made a very good Souths side who were on a great run look fairly elementary.

After we got that equalising try after 7 minutes, i was confident thereafter.

Three very tough games - from Perth to Townsville to Gosford - and three very solid wins.

I am more confident now than I have been since R2 this season.

Wow Foz was awesome in my opinion, the bench was very good Munro very good, love Buhrer as hooker good footwork and rosey those big runs........and bright undies.

That was Vic Morrow, father of Jennifer Jason Leigh:)
And yes, Kiwi, the signs are looking much better. Foran's will to win is awesome and he's really shifted up a gear. Great to see him running freely out there - he looks awesome when he's playing at speed.

Improvement in defence= return of Gifty. Plus the tightening on the line with Snake at the back. Not to mention the improvement in the attack. The Stewart boys are the Foundations in defence. Keep them healthy and B2B is on the cards

Just watched it again. You can see these guys are playing for each other. This is a very close team.The camaraderie in this team is very strong. No one wants to leave this club they unfortunately get forced out by the salary cap.We keep the squad together no major injuries or suspensions they will be very tough to beat.

Lussick's brain snap last week might cost him another premiership ring. And we all know what happens when you head to the Eels, no glory there.

Great win tonight. Kite MoM in my book

Excellent win tonight. We were great in attack, and even better in defence.

Your defence really shows when you have a 50% first half completion rate against the team who is second, and only concede one try.

Very impressed with the guys tonight.

mickqld said:
Just watched it again. You can see these guys are playing for each other. This is a very close team.The camaraderie in this team is very strong. No one wants to leave this club they unfortunately get forced out by the salary cap.We keep the squad together no major injuries or suspensions they will be very tough to beat.

Agree. The footage of Kite with Ballin after his try says it all, two great mates just enjoying their time together.

StuBoot said:
mickqld said:

Agree. The footage of Kite with Ballin after his try says it all, two great mates just enjoying their time together.

Also saw this when we put that player into touch (can't remember who) and it was congrats all round.

Really shows the great culture and friendship at Manly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4