The Sharks money woes.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
The best game of last year, bar the GF, was the game down there when they thought they had it won with 15 seconds to go. Oldfields try killed them on the bell. It was just magic to be there.

The looks on their collective faces will live with me forever.

Good times.

DSM5 said:
The best game of last year, bar the GF, was the game down there when they thought they had it won with 15 seconds to go. Oldfields try killed them on the bell. It was just magic to be there.

Does anyone know the Manly (male) supporter down at Shark Park that night that was dressed as a cheer leader? Courageous effort, particularly after the heckling & objects thrown at him from the Sharks fans on the hill.

On topic I would like to see the Sharkies survive, our win/loss record against them is excellent! :D

This is the price the sharks have to pay for selling their soul to superleague, send them to Perth or CQ

DSM5 said:
Arty my belief is that the development has a number of issues, engineering not one of them. Over-development, transport, parking and the Council's future liability re the implications of global warming on the sea level seem to be at the core. The sea level issue is interesting given that many coastal Councils are re-writing their regulations on coastal residential development.

Rising sea levels are a joke, it won't happen. It is all BS in my opinion.

Notice as soon as the carbon tax was enacted we've had the coldest summer in 60 years.

eagle-rock08 said:
DSM5 said:
Arty my belief is that the development has a number of issues, engineering not one of them. Over-development, transport, parking and the Council's future liability re the implications of global warming on the sea level seem to be at the core. The sea level issue is interesting given that many coastal Councils are re-writing their regulations on coastal residential development.

Notice as soon as the carbon tax was enacted we've had the coldest summer in 60 years.
Gee, I live a metre above sea level, and yet I find little solace in your 'opinion'. Have your views been published in any reputable scientific journals?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
eagle-rock08 said:
DSM5 said:

Gee, I live a metre above sea level, and yet I find little solace in your 'opinion'. Have your views been published in any reputable scientific journals?

Scientifically, 2011 is once again one of the hottest years on record.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/6063286/2011-one-of-hottest-years-on-record

The GW doubter logic is that one tiny little corner of the Earth is cooler in one year, and that is absolute conclusive proof that Global Warming is not happening. Similar logic to saying a blackout proves your TV set is faulty.

Looks like someone forgot to tell the 90% of Scientists who use empirical research and scientific methods that the glaciers that are receding world wide and six of the last eight hottest years in history are myths. Is SeaEagleRock08 really John Howard? :)

Rex said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
eagle-rock08 said:
DSM5 said:

The GW doubter logic is that one tiny little corner of the Earth is cooler in one year, and that is absolute conclusive proof that Global Warming is not happening. Similar logic to saying a blackout proves your TV set is faulty.

And who submitted that report? Do they rely on government funding?

The science of global (man-made) warming has been so muddied and corrupted that it is hard to know who is telling the truth. Some scientists have had their livelihoods taken away for daring to challenge, while others (Tim Flannery) will tell outright lies to keep their well-paid positions. Good ol' Tim said that we would run out of water by 2012!!

To be honest its a dumb spot to put in a major development due to traffic etc. I doubt it will get up and as a result their will be no Cronulla Sharks and they will move or die.

I can see the headline in tomorrow's Tele:
HUGE SPLIT IN MANLY
Passionate Sea Eagle fans are divided on the contentious issue of climate change. Passionate exchanges on the Silvertails website have fans at loggerheads. Inside sources say this division is even more pronounced than the Gillard-Rudd rift, and it will almost certainly destabilise Manly's chances of going back-to-back in the NRL premiership.
When asked to comment, former coach Despicable Hasbeen said that fan bickering had driven him from the club. "The Manly fans are hotheads . . . yet some deny the peninsular is warming up. My radar picked up the vibe last season and made me hot under the collar. It's much easier at The Dogs where I have ditched my collar for a leash."

I also live 1m above sea level and not concerned at all. See 100 years of tidal data from Fort Denison shows a possible rise of 100mm by the end of the century (1mm per year or less), not 900mm as the govt has predicted.
By the way, it's now 'climate change' not global warming.
Now, where's my vintage Manly hoodie?

Moops said:
Rex said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
eagle-rock08 said:
DSM5 said:

And who submitted that report? Do they rely on government funding?

The science of global (man-made) warming has been so muddied and corrupted that it is hard to know who is telling the truth. Some scientists have had their livelihoods taken away for daring to challenge, while others (Tim Flannery) will tell outright lies to keep their well-paid positions. Good ol' Tim said that we would run out of water by 2012!!

Ah yes. The scientist debate. If I am not a scientist I should not have an opinion and should immediately agree with the majority. If that was the case I'd be a Souths or a wests supporter. They have the majority of the Sydney fan base. Bigger than Manly in any event.

I also cannot play footy I can't run, can't tackle and can't catch so I should have no opinion on the game?

I've been around. I remember that we'd run out of oil by 1970. We'd also not be able to grow food as we were heading for an ice age. It appears the only thing that stopped that were the CFC's that heated up the globe. In any event that turned out to be BS.

That 90% of scientists was a show of hands in a room and the question asked was along the lines of, do you think the globe is warming? Duh! Of course its warming. Its been warming now for a long time.

Riddle me this batman - why are the pollies buying up land on the shoreline? Are they being altruistic or do they know something we don't?

If anyone has an opinion slightly different to the 'experts' - lets stone them.

Do you know that scientists have now discovered 300 + new species they didn't know existed last year? They don't know everything.

I suppose its like the old saying - bad news sells. But I think it may just be an 'inconvenient lie.'

Do you know that global warming is more and more being referred to as causing Extreme Weather EventS. So believe if you want to you EWES. To that I say Bah.:)

I'm not expressing an opinion here, but are these the same scientists that were shrill in their warnings of the Y2K bug. You know the same scientists who were all paid a fortune to fix the apparent problem.

All the switched on rock lobster's are getting very excited, eyeing off the shore line for potential investment properties to lease out to star fish.

same scientists made up the Y2K lol
I think you would be hard to find one who now studies climate change got paid to do computer programming to fix Y2K.

It is not a show of hands but 99% of papers that show the effects of rapid climate change. If you can find one peer reviewed paper that shows its all a lie I will take down my solar system and burn.

mickyj said:
It is not a show of hands but 99% of papers that show the effects of rapid climate change. If you can find one peer reviewed paper that shows its all a lie I will take down my solar system and burn.

Global warming? Pffft!
Now, Global Raining I would believe.

It is ridiculous to believe scientists in this debate.

Instead we should believe the petrol companies and the coal industry. They are truly independent. As are car manufacturers. And politicians. And shock jocks.

Scientists. Pfft. What would they know?

Scientists. Pfft. What would they know?
[/quote]

Well they do know a lot. They know a lot more now than they did last year and will know a lot more next year than they know now.

What I am saying is simply this - don't just swallow the hype, do your own research. If your research points to global warming by man's activities OK. If however, it doesn't that's OK too.

Just remember scientists are people too. They have mortgages, wives, husbands and kids. Just like you. They do need to get funding to survive, feed their kids and pay their mortgages. Just like you. How can they sure up their funding? (I suppose bad news sells better than good news.)

I am finding this whole EWES and climate change debate a bit Monty Python(ish) - if you don't agree we'll burn you at the stake. (King Arthur and the holy grail) Or if you don't agree you are a heretic a non-believer and as such will be stoned. (Life of Brian)

If your doctor told you you had a bad disease wouldn't you get at least another opinion?:idea:

So how many opinions do you want?

And precisely which scientists do you accuse of falsifying their research in order to gain more funding? (It appears you are not accusing those who are paid by the fossil fuel industry.)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6