The Sharks money woes.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I understand that the proposed apartment/shops/business park development that underscored the Sharks future might just be on a sandy, sinking footing. It appears that the local Council have knocked back that development on a number of strong grounds and there is an appeal in to the State Govt to over-rule their objections. Given the State Liberal members dominate the Shire, and their close relations to the local Councilors, then that avenue isn't assured. Relocation perhaps?

I don't take any joy in the woes of any club (not even Cronulla) after what out club went through a decade or so ago. No fan deserves that.

Besides, I would like them to survive so they can make the GF again one day only to be beaten by us.

MadMarcus said:
Besides, I would like them to survive so they can make the GF again one day only to be beaten by us.

That would be hilarious, imagine that...gee I hope that happens in my lifetime!!

I wish the sharks the best, would suck at perth but adelaide would be a tad better, staying where they are the best

I too live in hope of the Sharks making another GF against Manly so I can gloat when we send them packing for the 3rd time in the meagre history.

DSM5 said:
I understand that the proposed apartment/shops/business park development that underscored the Sharks future might just be on a sandy, sinking footing. It appears that the local Council have knocked back that development on a number of strong grounds and there is an appeal in to the State Govt to over-rule their objections. Given the State Liberal members dominate the Shire, and their close relations to the local Councilors, then that avenue isn't assured. Relocation perhaps?

Surely this is an engineering problem only. How many buildings already are built on the same type of substructures? OK scale it all up if necessary, but Councils often relying on archaic regulations have very little imagination or flexibility. They should re examine the situation in the light of current practices.

Isn't the area flood prone, after what happened in Qld earlier this year with housing built in flood areas I doubt that too many councils will be approving major residential projects that are more suited to moses and hos ark once a 100 year rain storm hits

Arty my belief is that the development has a number of issues, engineering not one of them. Over-development, transport, parking and the Council's future liability re the implications of global warming on the sea level seem to be at the core. The sea level issue is interesting given that many coastal Councils are re-writing their regulations on coastal residential development.

That's very true DSM5. And given the amount of buildings already built very close to the ocean, some shrewd owners have already approached council in our area (capricorn coast) with the idea council buys them out so they can rebuild elsewhere. Out west in Emerald, the same has been asked of council from the residents that own homes along the river front. Council's being the same Australia wide are expectedly shying away.

mozgrame said:
That's very true DSM5. And given the amount of buildings already built very close to the ocean, some shrewd owners have already approached council in our area (capricorn coast) with the idea council buys them out so they can rebuild elsewhere. Out west in Emerald, the same has been asked of council from the residents that own homes along the river front. Council's being the same Australia wide are expectedly shying away.

Get all these residents flippers...

werent these guys bailed out by the league at least once before...??

WESTIE said:
werent these guys bailed out by the league at least once before...??
..oh and the small matter of them being super league scum means i have no sympathy for them

the development looks like going ahead. It is not in hands of council but they put a negative submission in. The submissions are approx 70% in favour. The closeness to the water should not be an issue as no closer then leagues club and no issues there over a long time.
I have friends that absolute hate Manly because we "robbed" them of a GF.. love to see it happen again so I can continue to have that nice inner glow

Mark from Brisbane said:
MadMarcus said:

That would be hilarious, imagine that...gee I hope that happens in my lifetime!!

It nearly happened in 2008. I can't see it happening for a while, Cronulla look stuck in the bottom half of the table for a few more years yet. Gee can you imagine the whinging that would go on if it happened again. They still whinge about 78.

Andy1972
Manly Forever

The best game of last year, bar the GF, was the game down there when they thought they had it won with 15 seconds to go. Oldfields try killed them on the bell. It was just magic to be there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7