The Run home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
Some of you will most likely find this stupid but which ever team is just two points above Manly at some stage, I kind of give Manly a bit of help to climb up the ladder by checking what team that side has- occasionally it's a side that's in the bottom half of the table. For instance, Melbourne Storm are currently in 3rd spot on 27 points and Manly's on 25 points. Melbourne are up against the warriors next round. So if Melbourne, by some miracle looses, and Manly wins their clash, Manly will jump Melbourne into third spot.

Well that's my description of how I help Manly up the ladder. Go on. you can say it. That's just ridiculous!!! You're welcome to think that, but occasionally, it works. Take the round that's just wrapped up. Round 19. The sharks were threatening to take 4th spot from Manly being just 1 point behind them and they were coming up against the roosters. It didn't matter if it meant that the roosters were going to be so many points ahead of Manly if they (the roosters won) just so long as Manly would stay in 4th spot. In the end, the roosters, indeed, won. That's so ridiculous!!! You're probably saying again.

Nah, that's not ridiculous...that's exactly how I think too! :cool:

Uh oh....Now maybe everyone else thinks we're crazy. I don't think I helped your sane clause. But never the less, I do the same!

Me too, and at one stage I found myself trapped in a dead end. Luckily I saw a ladder, so I climbed the ladder on my run home.

Souffs have the hardest run home out of the top 4 by a bit. Our last month is tough then the storm and roosters.

Raiders play all the top 4 teams as well in their run home so tough for them to make the 8, might have given up by the time we get there.

It would have been interesting had Manly finished 1 or 2 and their opponents ended up being the Rooters or Souffs. Where would it be played given those clubs use the semi final venues as their home grounds and Manly would have been entitled to home ground advantage.

Now I know it's now home city and not home ground but this would have hardly been fair.

Doesn't worry me where we finish so long as its top 4 - whether we're 1st,2nd,3rd,4th we will likely be playing In Sydney anyway at the same ground week 1 of finals cause you'd think only Rabbits/Roosters ( or maybe even outside hope the Dogs ) can score a home semi final. Storm have tough draw.

Our key is to win majority of games, stay injury free, beat the Storm Rd 25 and keep them out of a home final cause that's the only scenario I don't want.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6