The rule that cruelled us.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan said:
Masked Eagle said:
What happens if its a kick in goal and it hits the ref and the attacking team were going to score a try if it didn't hit him? Is that fair?

Yes it's fair you have the whole field to kick at.

Do you think what happened today was fair? You tackle them out of a chance at a shot they do a lazy kick and you get penalized for good defense and their dodgy attack

You kick where the defence ain't. If there ref happened to be standing there I don't think its something players should really have to think about. I think the only really fair thing to do is to make it play on similar to a ball hitting the goal post.

Why couldn't the lame arse ref get out of the way?

Even he felt Manly should have had the rule, until he was reminded by the dogs of the rules.

Why are the refs anything special? Play on like any player not having played at the ball. If that was the case it would have been a dogs knock on, scrum, feed to Manly.

Don't think anyone would have had a case to argue if that was the way it played out.

Masked Eagle said:
Dan said:
Masked Eagle said:
What happens if its a kick in goal and it hits the ref and the attacking team were going to score a try if it didn't hit him? Is that fair?

Do you think what happened today was fair? You tackle them out of a chance at a shot they do a lazy kick and you get penalized for good defense and their dodgy attack

You kick where the defence ain't. If there ref happened to be standing there I don't think its something players should really have to think about. I think the only really fair thing to do is to make it play on similar to a ball hitting the goal post.

In this instance he kicked straight where there were two manly players we were the once disadvantaged here another reason we need to go back to one referee

Dan said:
Masked Eagle said:
Dan said:
Masked Eagle said:

In this instance he kicked straight where there were two manly players we were the once disadvantaged here another reason we need to go back to one referee

Fair call. I suppose the rule is a little inconsistent in that if a player runs into the ref trying to make a tackle they call play on don't they? In both instances the ref has gotten involved but one is play on and the other is a 6 again from a set restart.

Clints missus is spot on.

Its inevitable that there is a breakdown in play once the ball hits the ref. So it would be no different to when a player doesnt hear the ref call held and attempts to play on.

It aint rocket sports science.

The NRL is a joke so is the rule. No wonder I have difficulties explaining this gladiatorial game to someone.

interestingly, i even agree with Gus of late when he moans about some of the rules, it sure is ruining our game. It is our game right? That's what they promo'd one year...

Mal Cochrane said:
interestingly, i even agree with Gus of late when he moans about some of the rules, it sure is ruining our game. It is our game right? That's what they promo'd one year...

The channel 9 team are very very ordinary

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Mal Cochrane said:

The channel 9 team are very very ordinary

ok, agree with that, but i am talking about Gus's disillusionment with the rules.

The rule is if the play is "irregularly affected" by the ball or player contacting a referee then they blow it up. There is discretion allowed by the ref. correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we end up with the ball ? The ref could have played on, but as soon as he blew the whistle then Ennis was correct in pointing out to the muppet that it was their feed. Just another example of pink fools cruelling a game.

One thing that continues to concern me in the NRL.

Refs are always 'coaching' when it comes to how scrums should be set.....yet it is continually the players who have to remind them of the damn rules. If we were playing the Scum tonight it would have been Scam Smith telling the ref what the Scumdogs did. And the sad fact is that like the Dogs, he would have been 100% correct. Once the ref blew his whistle it was always going to be their scrum feed.

Fact is that we came up with the ball at the end of their set because they took a poor option. A BS rule then gave it straight back to them for an extra set.

Maybe the refs should spend less time on policing scrums which have little meaning other than time to get the attack and defence set.....and a lot more time on actually knowing the rules in which they are there to enforce.

It's one of those stupid obscure rules that are ignored until it costs a team a game.

If there wasn't 2 refs he wouldn't have been in the way.

Has to be a turn over if common sense has anything to do with it .

I know it sounds like sour grapes but thought the refs were downright awful tonight. What was the penalty count - felt like we were not given a penalty for the last 60 minutes, despite all the offsides, slow play the ball and constant flopping but surely that can't be right..... Thought the travelling army were immense 2nd half, matching the on field performance

Pommie Eagle said:
I know it sounds like sour grapes but thought the refs were downright awful tonight. What was the penalty count - felt like we were not given a penalty for the last 60 minutes, despite all the offsides, slow play the ball and constant flopping but surely that can't be right..... Thought the travelling army were immense 2nd half, matching the on field performance

Dogs won the penalty count 4-3.

We missed a whopping 65 tackles tonight according the the NRL Match Centre (the Dogs missed 42). I hasten to say that it doesn't happen if a certain hooker hadn't broken his leg a few weeks back.

HoldenV8 said:
Pommie Eagle said:

Dogs won the penalty count 4-3.

We missed a whopping 65 tackles tonight according the the NRL Match Centre (the Dogs missed 42). I hasten to say that it doesn't happen if a certain hooker hadn't broken his leg a few weeks back.

Add Buhrer and Choc to that. Those 3 probably lead our tackle counts every week.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6