The rub of the green!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree we haven't been getting the rub of the green lately, but i put it down to our performances rather than the refs.

While the maroon & white in me would love to uncover a real ref/nrl consipracy against us, the reality is it doesn't exist.

We are continually putting ourselves under pressure due to our poor ball handling. We are now regularly on the back foot and defending for our lives. With that comes poor & rushed decision making in attack.

We struggle to put back to back sets together & rarely (only recently) earn repeat sets.

We are sadly lacking forward dominance at the moment which is resulting in us losing the arm wrestle.

So, i disagree that this has anything to do with the refs. I really believe, if we can handle the ball, improve our completions, and play straight, the rub of the green will turn our way.

Problem is we play hard and the game is going soft.

and there is one too many gay ref's going around

Look I go off at the refs as much as anyone but the reality is we start games great then fall into some sort of ill discipline trap where we cant seem to stop giving away dumb penalties as well as taking poor options and dropped passes. The refs aren't biased we just bring this on ourselves. Our problem these last 4 games has been we have only scored 50 points at average 12 per games. It's just not enough because we give away field position and possesion too much.

Kiwi Eagle said:
GE there was a podcast going around with the audio of that convo, was a worrying thing to listen too but Sterlo wasn't backing down challenging him on all those points, if I come across the link again I will post it up for you

Did anyone else have Alanis Morrisette singing in their heads as Darren mentioned things that get mentioned again and again and again and again ?

I was too busy searching through my draw that had 10000 spoons and all I needed was a knife ;)

don't understand blaming our ball handling when we made less errors than the scum on Monday, surely if ball handling was the issue and we were better we would have won then by that logic.

There's no conspiracy. The other sides just play a far more disciplined game against us. Their coaches must tell them the key to beating Manly is to get off the tackled player as quickly as possible, and get back at least 1m behind the ref, to ensure you are not offside.

I would be interested to see the penalty count against manly in regards to each referee. ie who penalises the team the most.
There may or may not be a vendetta against the seaeagles by all the pink panies, but certain referees seem to be very whistle happy when they ref the team. Klien James and maxwell come to mind. Also in regards to harrigan he still has some of his cronies in the video box and the decissions of some of them against us amaze me. eg the obstruction ruling in the game agianst the bunnies.
I could be wrong..or just biased but i cringe every time i see that if any of the formentioned referees are in control[/i]

Being in the Top 4 in the last two years, you would think that we won the majority of games.
Under Checcin, we played 17 and won 7.

Not good stats.

Kiwi Eagle said:
GE there was a podcast going around with the audio of that convo, was a worrying thing to listen too but Sterlo wasn't backing down challenging him on all those points, if I come across the link again I will post it up for you

Cheers, If you do that'd be good. But your summation does save me from hearing his voice!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6