The refs...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I actually thought the refs went well today and just let the game go most of the time. One of the better performances from them this year.

However and the closet ref just stay out of the ruck. Devnich or whatever his name is just got in the way so many times and actually impeded a pass twice. There is no need for it.

Let's get rid of the closet ref

I was thinking the same thing about them limiting options from dummy half by being in the way.

I want to know who was doing their best Checchin impersonation at the game - I could hear someone screaming Moooooove Moooooove with 10 to go and I am certain it was Checchin

There wasn't much of a ten but it was the same for both teams. Thought they missed DCE getting taken out on his kick chase but hey that's normal for us.

Dan said:
I actually thought the refs went well today and just let the game go most of the time. One of the better performances from them this year.

However and the closet ref just stay out of the ruck. Devnich or whatever his name is just got in the way so many times and actually impeded a pass twice. There is no need for it.

Chechin is out. I think you mean pocket ref Dan.

Don't think we got a penalty in the second half, but agree they had a good game.

Shoe1 said:
Dan said:

No they are hiding from coming out as refs, they are therefore closet refs

voicefromthehill said:
I want to know who was doing their best Checchin impersonation at the game - I could hear someone screaming Moooooove Moooooove with 10 to go and I am certain it was Checchin

Gawd, that's the last thing we need. Impersonators of that annoying moooooove! (shakes fist at Dan)

glad they didn't blow the pea out of the whistle but Newcastle were offside for most tackles in the second half and didn't get penalised once.

The other major issue was the "10m" which was anywhere between 9 and 14m. On one play there were 2 10m white lines between our second marker and the defensive line it was than long

That soft head high tackle penalty that gave Gidley that penatly goal shot was embarrassing for the code. They should be differential penalties imo. You can't decide a game on that rubbish call. Wouldn't have knocked a fly over that tackle.

So why did Checchin call timeoff after Boyd missed that field goal but not the one by Littlejohn the set before? By my count it was timeoff for 7 seconds and Manly's last play the ball before DCE's winner was 5 seconds before fulltime.

That soft head high tackle penalty that gave Gidley that penatly goal shot was embarrassing for the code. They should be differential penalties imo. You can't decide a game on that rubbish call. Wouldn't have knocked a fly over that tackle.

Ballin ran so many times from dummy half and caught Knights tacklers offside or not at marker but no penalties. Same as against Storm. Meanwhile Robbie Farah gets 2 or 3 of these penalties to his team every game.

Brissie Kid said:

In regards to that penalty, it was awarded about 35m out but somehow they allowed Gidley to take the kick from the 30m line. It's a good thing he missed, but out of 6 officials not one of them had the common sense to say anything, they're obviously too busy trying to find any little indiscretion that they miss the simple stuff ( and they get paid! )

Some might say it's not a big deal but in the context of the game it was a match winner if he kicked it.

Yes, I noticed the ref made Gidley move back his conversion attempt of the Gagai try as he tried to fudge a metre or two but on that occasion all he did was move it back a few metres but not really out so it looked like he did what was asked.

A game of inches, what a joke.
The tackle finished at least 33m out, if not 35 as you say. But Gidley actually set up his kick inside the 30m line! Imagine if it hit the cross-bar and flopped over.
He still fudged the Gagai conversion even after being told to move it. Lucky for us Gidley is crap.

Dan said:
Shoe1 said:
Dan said:

No they are hiding from coming out as refs, they are therefore closet refs

Bazzinga!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4