1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The refs...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dan, May 19, 2014.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,460 / 74
    I actually thought the refs went well today and just let the game go most of the time. One of the better performances from them this year.

However and the closet ref just stay out of the ruck. Devnich or whatever his name is just got in the way so many times and actually impeded a pass twice. There is no need for it.

Let's get rid of the closet ref

2. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    I was thinking the same thing about them limiting options from dummy half by being in the way.

3. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    I want to know who was doing their best Checchin impersonation at the game - I could hear someone screaming Moooooove Moooooove with 10 to go and I am certain it was Checchin

4. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,461 / 80
    There wasn't much of a ten but it was the same for both teams. Thought they missed DCE getting taken out on his kick chase but hey that's normal for us.

5. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Chechin is out. I think you mean pocket ref Dan.

• Like Like x 3
  6. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Don't think we got a penalty in the second half, but agree they had a good game.

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,460 / 74
    No they are hiding from coming out as refs, they are therefore closet refs

8. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,776 / 58
    Gawd, that's the last thing we need. Impersonators of that annoying moooooove! (shakes fist at Dan)

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    glad they didn't blow the pea out of the whistle but Newcastle were offside for most tackles in the second half and didn't get penalised once.

The other major issue was the "10m" which was anywhere between 9 and 14m. On one play there were 2 10m white lines between our second marker and the defensive line it was than long

10. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    That soft head high tackle penalty that gave Gidley that penatly goal shot was embarrassing for the code. They should be differential penalties imo. You can't decide a game on that rubbish call. Wouldn't have knocked a fly over that tackle.

So why did Checchin call timeoff after Boyd missed that field goal but not the one by Littlejohn the set before? By my count it was timeoff for 7 seconds and Manly's last play the ball before DCE's winner was 5 seconds before fulltime.

11. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    That soft head high tackle penalty that gave Gidley that penatly goal shot was embarrassing for the code. They should be differential penalties imo. You can't decide a game on that rubbish call. Wouldn't have knocked a fly over that tackle.

Ballin ran so many times from dummy half and caught Knights tacklers offside or not at marker but no penalties. Same as against Storm. Meanwhile Robbie Farah gets 2 or 3 of these penalties to his team every game.

12. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    In regards to that penalty, it was awarded about 35m out but somehow they allowed Gidley to take the kick from the 30m line. It's a good thing he missed, but out of 6 officials not one of them had the common sense to say anything, they're obviously too busy trying to find any little indiscretion that they miss the simple stuff ( and they get paid! )

Some might say it's not a big deal but in the context of the game it was a match winner if he kicked it.

Yes, I noticed the ref made Gidley move back his conversion attempt of the Gagai try as he tried to fudge a metre or two but on that occasion all he did was move it back a few metres but not really out so it looked like he did what was asked.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    A game of inches, what a joke.
    The tackle finished at least 33m out, if not 35 as you say. But Gidley actually set up his kick inside the 30m line! Imagine if it hit the cross-bar and flopped over.
    He still fudged the Gagai conversion even after being told to move it. Lucky for us Gidley is crap.

14. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    Bazzinga!