The reality of the year ahead for us as Manly fans.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
There does seem to be a lot of genuine people out there in Rugby League world that understand the situation that Brett, the Manly club & we supporters find ourselves in. There are, on the same account many that seem to want to cause trouble, say things that aren't cool & basically drag us all down.

I'm afraid that unless we come up with a plan, this could be a year of unprecedented crowd violence due to provocation from opposing fans. It's not a pleasant topic but we do have to face the reality of what we are walking into every time we enter a football ground over the coming months.

I have no idea what to expect and have no interest in violence but we do all have to be aware of the situation we've been placed in. It's bad enough talking to randoms within the MW area, finding out they're not Manly fans & trying to deal with what gets hurled at you.

Please think about this, even though it isn't nice. We must have a means of dealing with it. A unified stance.

I'll be at as many games as I can but I'm pretty worried about what'll happen at some of them.

ok Duff, I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you mate, just let me know which part of the hill you're standing on

Sumdumguy link said:
ok Duff, I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you mate, just let me know which part of the hill you're sanding on

I'm not in aany way trying to start violence. Just worried it's coming our way from from what is coming my way in day to day life.

(Northern side of the beer van. Bring a cricket bat) Joking!!!!!

So I'll recognise you because you're the guy wearing the cricket whites then?  :)

Ill support you guys from the living room up here in Hervey bay

Most real Rugby League supporters are now siding with us. It's the blow ins or fairweather ones (fairweather in RL let me know when that happens) that are going to try to start crap.

I don't think Gallops incompetence is grounds for physical violence. Who could be bothered really ? Even the most simple of Parra fans understand the situation. I think you are being a little OTT, and if you haven't developed a thick skin from being a Manly fan by now then you might need to toughen up. Failing that you can always use the Benji Marshall racial vilification defense.

I've always turned the other cheek Duff.  I just tell them they're poor unfortunate scum and if they want to taunt me, then they should be better dressed.  Then I walk away. 

Got to say i dont really expect to cop much given all the non manly fans here at work think its a joke as well.

If the best they can come up with is the gallops double standard taunt then we must be having a good year

DSM5 link said:
I've always turned the other cheek Duff.  I just tell them they're poor unfortunate scum and if they want to taunt me, then they should be better dressed.  Then I walk away.  
Is that what you said to Zorba at the Stewart trial?

It's not about my reaction.
I've been copping it at work & I work on the beaches. If that's how people are acting, all it's going to take is 1 moron in Manly colours reacting to 1 moron in the other teams colours & there'll be brawls at every game.

The guys going to Melbs could be in for a bit of a blindside I reckon. You know how their soccer fans get & that's without any issue in particular.

I must say I think it will be "business as usual" for the MWTS this year....we only ever had one problem and that was Townsville a couple of years ago...a real dickhead was sitting right in the middle of all the Manly supporters and didn't like our chants and singing, especially as we were winning....he was on for a blue (big time) but common sense prevailed.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I must say I think it will be \"business as usual\" for the MWTS this year....we only ever had one problem and that was Townsville a couple of years ago...a real dickhead was sitting right in the middle of all the Manly supporters and didn't like our chants and singing, especially as we were winning....he was on for a blue (big time) but common sense prevailed.

Do the MWTS have a "Cattledog" call for such occasions? :)

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=186718.msg321000#msg321000 date=1299614675]
I must say I think it will be \"business as usual\" for the MWTS this year....we only ever had one problem and that was Townsville a couple of years ago...a real dickhead was sitting right in the middle of all the Manly supporters and didn't like our chants and singing, especially as we were winning....he was on for a blue (big time) but common sense prevailed.

Do the MWTS have a "Cattledog" call for such occasions? :)
[/quote]
Rusty's not called mybludog for no reason :)

**** me what a beat up. Some of you blokes should don skirts and head down to netball. This issue will have blown over in 2 weeks time.

Maybe this article will help, I think non MANLY supporters realise that Brett Stewart was wronged & the NRL is in a little trouble with consistancy

RUGBY league yesterday had its first Charlie Sheen day of the year. Only a brave soul would suggest it will be the last.

Drugs. Assault. Match fixing. A stink between star recruit and coach. And then a catfight between relentless Manly coach Des Hasler and NRL chief executive David Gallop over - again - Brett Stewart.

And all this just days before the start of the season. Fabulous stuff.

The day started with revelations that leading player manager Sam Ayoub has been allowed to continue to represent his vast stable of stars despite being charged in connection with the police investigation into suspicious betting activity on the Cowboys-Bulldogs match last year.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage
Benji to defend assault charge The Australian, 11 hours ago
NRL was 'unfair' to Stewart The Australian, 11 hours ago
Stewart, Slater fit to face off FoxSports, 15 hours ago
Marshall to defend charge Courier Mail, 17 hours ago
Sea Eagles unleash anger at NRL The Australian, 18 hours ago
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
So there Sammy was, spotted by The Daily Telegraph pulling out of the Concord Oval carpark, having just done business with the Wests Tigers, minutes before Benji Marshall confronted the press for the first time about the assault charge that hovers precariously above his head.

Marshall oozes confidence on a football field but he was jittery when he read out a statement about the 3.20am incident outside McDonald's in The Rocks last Saturday morning when he allegedly assaulted a 24-year-old man. Hold the phone ... wasn't he opening the season, as the unblemished face of the game, less than a week ago?

This is so confusing.

"The last several days have obviously been very stressful for myself and my family, particularly as they have resulted in my being charged by the police," the Wests Tigers superstar said.

"I have been advised by my lawyers that because I have been charged it is now necessary for the legal process to take its course. I can, however, confirm my intention to defend the charge."Meanwhile, former Knights star and convicted drug dealer Danny Wicks was fronting a sentencing hearing in Newcastle District Court - only to find out he'll have to wait another two months to find out what his sentence will be.

From across the Tasman came reports that Krisnan Inu had already fallen out with Warriors coach Ivan Cleary.

But the real drama of the day belonged to Manly and its feud with the NRL, which generated fiery media releases at 10 paces.

The NRL says it was right to suspend Stewart for four matches two years ago for his behaviour at the club's season launch at the Wharf Bar - the night Stewart was charged with sexual assault.

The penalty was way too harsh then, and now it is coming back to bite the NRL on its uber-sensitive backside.

If only they could admit they stuffed it up in the first place.

Manly, meanwhile, are furious Todd Carney and Marshall are playing this weekend.

They effectively claim their star fullback was drinking Milo and the fact that he was cleared by the courts means it's right to assume as much.

This is so confusing.

Of course, any other code would dismantle the moon and pack up the sun and go home after a day like yesterday.

Not rugby league.

It's a survivor.

Just like Charlie Sheen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8