1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Rabbits next week, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by torana355, Mar 27, 2011.

1. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    This will be a hard game and i will be extremely happy if we can win as we will get Matai/Lyon back the week after.

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Should be specials,Luke out for sure?

3. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    The Rabbits strength is their forward pack. You don't have to worry about Inglis if you shut down the forwards. We need to belt them around a little early. Also I think Sandow panics when he is rushed, hopefully the defense rushes him a lot.

4. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    If we play like we did for most of the 1st Half today, they will not get close to us. How brutal was that defence.

I think they knew they had it in the bag in the 2nd half and were just coasting.

5. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Im going to have to listen to the game on the radio at work as i work nightshift, i still think this is going to be a really hard game.

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    If we have Lyon back, it will be a huge boost, he has Inglis' number in defence

If he is not there, we just need to smash him early and he will lose interest quickly

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Gift, Hoppa and Wolfie can expect all the action. Taylor and Inglis on their LHS is their go to play. I will feel more secure if Killer is back, we all know he can shut down the fat turncoat.

I'd say Luke will play, it was only a concussion.

8. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Bit worried tbh, we were a bit poor in the second half today.

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    I'll be at the Panthers-Bronco's game at Suncorp and then home to wact the replay at 9.30pm (remember in QLD we get yours game second)....will work well as we will actually kick off here at 6.30pm (so it's live down there at 7.30pm)...so should be home around 9.00...works a treat!!

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    The rabbits will come up against a steely, gritty defensive outfit next week.  First thing to do is smash Wesser and then he loses focus and interest.  They play pretty and rely on fatso and big head for their tries.  Shut them down and we go a long way to win.  More later. 

11. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    We need all the experienced players and that means Lyon to centre T Williams to wing, I'd put young hoppa up against Inglis. Our defence needs to be on song. DCE & Foran will get targeted and needs others to take pressure off him and it will Lyon and Stewart. Be a good test, their halves can be very good and also very bad. If we play disciplined rugby league we'll win.

12. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    The Bunnies will want to back up on their win so it looks like a tough game. Hopefully with the same discipline and grit we showed against the Chooks, we should win this. Also Eddy Pettybourne is facing suspension for around 3 weeks.

13. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Who are you booting to accommodate T Williams?

14. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    Agreed. Also smash the midget Sandow. Souths are a team that if you dent their confidence early they struggle to come back. Similar D to the last 2 weeks and we should be sweet.

15. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,899 / 27
    Take Crocker's head off :)
    Also run as many plays as possible towards Inglis and make him work overtime in defense which should nullify his attack.

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I want to catch the bus up there and so need another twenty or so to contact the club and get on the bus.  Terrific way to travel.  Safe and no parking hassles.

17. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Wesser has a hamstring injury and is in doubt. Might be foxing though

18. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    [/quote]

No one.

19. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    the way we play is a worry. How long can we keep up the bash em in defence whilst not tiring our own players out.

20. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    [/quote]
    I saw D Williams limping during the game apparently with a knee injury but if he's fit obviously wolfie will get the nod.