The Prince of Brookvale - Where do you think he is at

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
the old Prince better watch the King tonight of fullbacks, if you believe what the Tele wrote today, best ever, no way!!

Its an unfortunate fact that talent doesn't always go to those who deserve it, in a fair world any player who was willing to slide feet first at the heads of other players would be so useless that their only chance of playing NRL would be to sign a contract with the Titans.

Alas all is not fair, and Slater has talent, too much of it. Doesn't means I have to like him, admire him or do anything but wait for the day his particular type of blight is removed from the game.

Slater and the Telegraph are owned by the same person/entity. Of course he's promoted heavily in that paper. It's a waste of time comparing players in different eras and realistically in different teams. It's a team sport and those in front often determine the degree of difficulty that one plays at. Also , the coach is a determinate factor. Just look at Hayne's demise at the back once he was placed in an unsuitable spot by the coach. Anyway I don't remember Brett ever playing in a team beaten by 40 nil. Australia hasn't won much with Slater at the back either. I would consider Wombat the best fullback I ever saw. But then again, I'm young.

Was I the only one thinking that the "great play" just made by the greatest fullback ever actually a shoulder that connected to coopers chin ?

Eadie was the best I ever seen, and I dont think I am being biased.

I would consider both great attackers and defenders, but Eadies kicking stands him ahead of Slater.

bob dylan said:
Eadie was the best I ever seen, and I dont think I am being biased.

I would consider both great attackers and defenders, but Eadies kicking stands him ahead of Slater.
Eadie was way ahead of Slater. As a player and as a man.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Was I the only one thinking that the "great play" just made by the greatest fullback ever actually a shoulder that connected to coopers chin ?
No - but what would you expect from Ray Warren. He has a jar of Billy Slater's bowel scrapings next to him in the commentary box, to remind him of those intimate moments when he tongues Billy's pooh shoot. Reminds Ray also of the old days at his cracker convent school out in the hayseed backblocks of NSW, when the parish priest would drop around for 'Pass the Soggy Sao'.

Eadie was definitely better but the ball work and involvement of Slater is impressive. He chimes in and seems to be everywhere on the park.

T Rex running over that piss ant Slater last year. Yeah I'd like to see that again next week. Slater can't tackle he just shoulder charges. Sick 'em Rex. Snake all over him.

right in front of me mick!! as he was running at him the crowd near me just yelled "run over him" and when he threw him off like a doll the place went nuts, lovely moment!!! Slater got up looking abit shell shocked

Slater seems to have a slightly better anticipation than Brett, he turns up in some fortunate spots. He also seems to play at a quicker pace than Brett, seems more willing to attack the ball in most cases, especially on kick returns. Defensively Brett is better in technique and positioning/play reading. Brett definitely less prone to howlers, Slater has a lot of errors in his game.

In terms of sportsmanship, Brett is the length of the straight ahead of the grub. Wouldn't swap Brett for Slater for all the tea in China.

I'm with you c&c.
Darren, you need to put the picture on your tv & not just listen to the nein commentary.

Slater is a talented fullback, one of the best in the game with a kick return better than anyone else currently playing. His mistakes & poor judgement however let him down and really take away from his over all value.

It's the commentators that ruin him for me. If they'd acknowledge his errors, misjudgments and filthy play, I'd be more than happy to congratulate his brilliance. Seeing as though this is not the case, I am not. As long as the media want to carry on that he can do no wrong, I'll say he can do no right and is a reserve grader, just to do my bit to balance it out. I'm quite prepared to meet them in the middle but they seem not to be.

Sheikheagle said:
FFs Darren I am getting tired of you barring up about f**king slater. This thread was about where the prince is and not your desire to have a threesome with Billy & Jase!
Farking brilliant!!!!! Funny funny stuff. How is jase after last night he would of torn the sides of his cardboard box oops I mean house after that golden point win

Cambo said:
Sheikheagle said:
FFs Darren I am getting tired of you barring up about f**king slater. This thread was about where the prince is and not your desire to have a threesome with Billy & Jase!
Farking brilliant!!!!! Funny funny stuff. How is jase after last night he would of torn the sides of his cardboard box oops I mean house after that golden point win

The both wore Sandow masks and went hard at it

The Eagle said:
Cambo said:
Sheikheagle said:

Your a sick bastard lol

Cambo said:
The Eagle said:
Cambo said:
Sheikheagle said:

Your a sick bastard lol

Yes I am, but its good

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4