The playing roster under the toovey era.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
My gut feeling is that this year will be brent kite, joe and killer last year, i have a gut feeling killer may return to st helens for 2 year stint. I hope snake does sign a 3 year deal to keep him here.
Dean whare to take killer's spot and lussick to take kite starting spot.

winnyason said:
My gut feeling is that this year will be brent kite, joe and killer last year, i have a gut feeling killer may return to st helens for 2 year stint. I hope snake does sign a 3 year deal to keep him here.
Dean whare to take killer's spot and lussick to take kite starting spot.

Killer's current contract runs out the end of 2013. Pretty sure Kite and Joe signed extensions until the end of 2013 as well. I doubt there will be to much change, unless players activate what ever get out clause they have at the end of 2012.

Jamie is 30 in January
So the end of his contract with us may be the end, he may have another shot in England,
1 more year with us Could work though

My mail is Brent KITE has been offered a 3 year deal by Bradford. I would say, he would have to take any 3 year deal, as his best days are past him.

Been great for the club though.
cheers
E.W

I don't think we lose much if Kite goes. It may even be in the best interest of the club to let him walk, Lussick, Robinson & Mauro are all very close to his level & need playing time.

Killer will stick around for a year or two after his current deal IMO. Wouldn't be suprised if he retires as a Manly player.

Lyon will be hard to replace. He's an inspirational captain, skilled defender and has the smarts in attack. He is the glue in our backline. Kite can retire to the fields of England with my blessing. I want Joe around forever.

As a player, I agree with the sentiments here about Kite. He is still decent, but way past his best.
As a stabilising factor for the club, he would be pretty handy to keep around - level headed and respected by his team mates. Might be what we need when Des DESerts us.

We must be mindful of an ageing roster, which is the oldest in the comp. It happened to the Titans this season. They didn't refresh their forwards, and after being finalists for several years ran last the nest. It happened so quickly.
We must have young forwards coming through, such as Stromquist. Lussick is a beauty, and Buhrer is a good utility. Not getting to see the NSW Cup team play makes it difficult to judge our forward stocks, but I hope there are some good young props in the mix.

Would like to pick up a centre next season. Forwards I think we're pretty much right as there's a succession in place ie Lussick, Mauro etc.

I would love to see Conrad Hurrell from this years Warriors U20s in the Maroon and White

The Who said:
We must be mindful of an ageing roster, which is the oldest in the comp. It happened to the Titans this season. They didn't refresh their forwards, and after being finalists for several years ran last the nest. It happened so quickly.
We must have young forwards coming through, such as Stromquist. Lussick is a beauty, and Buhrer is a good utility. Not getting to see the NSW Cup team play makes it difficult to judge our forward stocks, but I hope there are some good young props in the mix.

We'll be right T-Dub, apart from those you've mentioned, Harrison and Robinson are still very young. So is Mauro. I'd expect to see Liam Foran (assuming he's staying) getting some 1st grade time too. Then there's Junior Palau, Kyle Lodge (forwards or centres) as well.

mickyj said:
what about James Cunningham? Or have the roosters taken him also. Very good young prop.

I haven't seen him run around this year, but in the 20's he was very impressive. I'm hoping he becomes the next junior to break through next year. Does anyone know how he went this year in the NSW Cup?

T-Rex's resigning looks the shakiest. Sounds like he has been offered more money to go to the Sharks and I think he might go if Manly dont match it.

If he goes I hope he enjoys this stint in the Aussie team.

It will be his last rep footy.

Phantar said:
We'll be right T-Dub, apart from those you've mentioned, Harrison and Robinson are still very young. So is Mauro. I'd expect to see Liam Foran (assuming he's staying) getting some 1st grade time too. Then there's Junior Palau, Kyle Lodge (forwards or centres) as well.

Liam Foran wil not be at Manly next season.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Phantar said:

Where will he be and why. If you can answer those buddy

Retention of players like Kite is about a lot more than what they can produce on the field. Not to say Kite is indispensable, but the culture of the team is the thing most under threat when Des leaves. Some careful succession planning in terms of the senior professionals in the squad will be essential.

Cambo said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Phantar said:

Liam probably will be kept at Manly as long as Keiron plays here

eagles2win said:
Cambo said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Phantar said:

Liam probably will be kept at Manly as long as Keiron plays here

was on a 1 year contract in 2011 and not reoffered another one.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6