1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The players are wondering . . .

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Aug 4, 2010.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    . .  what frame of mind we fans will be when confronting the Storm on Saturday. We know we’ll be in the same position, on the hill or in the stands – nothing ever changes there, Des sees to that.

Will we be fired up, darting around with rapier-like wit that dazzles the opposition? Perhaps we’ll just smash them with our passion and energy? We’ve done it a few times this season.

Or will we be lethargic, giving lip-service to the importance of the match and our desperate position on the ladder? We did that on Monday night.

Will we be thinking about signing-up again next year, or perhaps we have already signed on as fans of another club and are just going through the motions.

Will we arrive fit, or overweight? Will we spill our beer when it is passed to us? Will we scoff that pie that George and Joe have their eyes on?

Just what team of fans will turn up?

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,752 / 258
    And mores the point what team of players will as well, if ever there was a "season defining" game this was it.

3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    If we're not fired up for this one, Vidmars job is on the line.

4. earl

earl Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If any fan has signed with another club and are going through the motions then I say keep going through the gates and out onto the highway and get hit by a car. If you sign up as a fan of another club because of this year or any year for that matter then that is dam sad....

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,752 / 258
    Mine as well Duff...although he gets sandwiches and I don't.

6. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    I was wondering when the results would see calls to axe me..... ;)

7. abnc

abnc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have stated in other posts previously that i will only continue being a member next year when the club officially announces Foran's signature.

If for whatever reason Foran isn't in a Manly jumper next year i will not support the club financially in any way next year out of protest... I will still support the team, but not the club.

8. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    vidmars overrated :p haha

Watch the big marn have the hill firing ;)

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    abnc, just close the door on the way out, you complete diqhead.

10. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Thats a bit harsh. I was enjoying the breezey air flow.

11. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    The players are wondering...    they aren't paid to wonder

12. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Watch out for the FLUFF TRAIN.

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Mark, I'm glad you picked up the subtleties of Barry's post! :p Too long in Queensland I fear. :)

14. sydsider

sydsider Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Four and twenty pies are filled with stuff you dont want to know about.This is a must win game against the scum.There are no excuses for a loss this week as easy as it sounds.

15. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,851 / 192
    hey guys remember our first  game this year against a storm side that had everything to play for as the auditors had not caught them out at the time . well Des haslers Eagles beat the storm in there own back yard and i reckon we will get them again at Brookvale once again.

16. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    Thomas Keneally?...very good Barry.

17. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    And DSM5 is qualified to call people that....as the senior, most high ranking diqhead in human society, and throughout the ages....

18. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Thanks Ryan.  My guess is that you and abnc are one and the same; half hearted supporters, not willing to put your hand in your pocket when things don't go your way.  If you support his nonsense, then you can go to the CC and close the door permanently please.  When a bloke states he's not going to support the club because we may not sign a particular player, then you've got to wonder about his loyalty.  I put my money in when your BFF was running around.  I support the Team Manly mate, not one individual player.   

19. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Foran will be at Manly - you all can stop getting your nickers in a knot

20. abnc

abnc Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It's alright. Just venting my frustration at players not being confirmed signed. surely they can tell us something... anything... please!

Thats a bit harsh. I was enjoying the breezey air flow.
    [/quote]