The person whose really at fault with the Dce issue.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wouldn't as a player manager set it up this way?

Base
Bonus for NRL debut
Bonus for Premiership
Bonus for Rep football

Well that's how I would structure it.

Cambo said:
Legally it is a case of he signed it he should deal with it.
But morally it would be wrong not to upgrade him. We find money now and we could have him for ever. We don't and we have him under duress for 18 months and he'd gone.
How wrong can you be? What on earth have morals got to do with it?

From both the club and player perspective, this is a business decision, not a moral one.

It would be wrong not to upgrade him simply because it would piss him off, and possibly also some of his mates.

Upgrading now would increase the goodwill and the chance he'll stay long term. But it might also mean losing other very valuable (and hitherto 'loyal') players, which might piss them off, or some of their mates.

It is a very delicate team management decision, but by no stretch of the imagination can it be characterised in moral terms, from either party's viewpoint.

Funny thing is,everyone associated with the game now calls it a 'business'. Well obviously Orr is just not an astute businessman. I'd be looking for a new manager if I was DCE. Anyway, I read in today's papers that we seem to have reached an agreement. All's good.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cambo said:
But morally it would be wrong not to upgrade him. We find money now and we could have him for ever. We don't and we have him under duress for 18 months and he'd gone.

From both the club and player perspective, this is a business decision, not a moral one.

It would be wrong not to upgrade him simply because it would piss him off, and possibly also some of his mates.

Upgrading now would increase the goodwill and the chance he'll stay long term. But it might also mean losing other very valuable (and hitherto 'loyal') players, which might piss them off, or some of their mates.

It is a very delicate team management decision, but by no stretch of the imagination can it be characterised in moral terms, from either party's viewpoint.

All true but it still needs to fit within the limitations of the salary cap, your last paragraph is spot on.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cambo said:

It would be morally wrong because as an employer if you a staff member who is performing outstandingly and is providing you significantly more value than your remunerating him.

But feel free to take potshots it seems it's the only way you can't contribute here you whiteant.

Whiteant, lol! See, there are many good insults you can come up with when you just take a little time to think about it.

On point – are you saying every employee should be paid the true value of their labour power?
Cambo an employee is always paid less than their value to the employer. That is what is known as 'capitalism'. No-one would be employed unless it was going to make some extra value to be pocketed by the employer.
But if I'm missing something feel free to let me know.

Rothfiled Today

Where do these guys get off. No mention of his d1ck head manager

SINNER

MANLY halfback Daly Cherry-Evans had every right to be blowing up about his paltry salary at the Sea Eagles. It was a blatant rip-off and again illustrated the poor standard of administration at Manly. That it was allowed to go public without being sorted behind closed doors puts further pressure on the club for a long overdue management shake-up.

RE: Rothfiled Today

Frogz said:
Where do these guys get off. No mention of his d1ck head manager

SINNER

MANLY halfback Daly Cherry-Evans had every right to be blowing up about his paltry salary at the Sea Eagles. It was a blatant rip-off and again illustrated the poor standard of administration at Manly. That it was allowed to go public without being sorted behind closed doors puts further pressure on the club for a long overdue management shake-up.

I just love that Rothfield, Kent, Massoud, Ritchie and the rest of the DT hacks no longer have a 'source' or 'insider' at Manly. Absolute bunch of fools those hacks are.

The funny thing is all my non Manly mates think the club has done nothing at all wrong.I reckon public opinion lies with us for once.If we get Evans,we should get Foran.After that there will be a bit of damage to the roster but as the last 40 years have shown-no top line halves equals no premiership so most of the competition is ruled out in one stroke.

Manly has poor administration because we signed DCE for a cheap price, but the Bulldogs have a great administration who signed the great Hodko for a small fortune....

Remind me never to get stock tips from the DT (just in case I ever get drunk, high or senile enough to consider it).

eagles2win said:

Base
Bonus for NRL debut
Bonus for Premiership
Bonus for Rep football

Great theory, but how do you reconcile that with the little thing called a salary cap ? No club has a couple of hundred $K laying around just on the off chance they need to upgrade a few contracts here and there. If it was that easy they would have done it by now.

I think I'll come a NRL player manager, **** if Orr still has a job after this mismanagement something is wrong.

Mal gave him another serve as well

Chip and Chase said:
eagles2win said:

Base
Bonus for NRL debut
Bonus for Premiership
Bonus for Rep football

Great theory, but how do you reconcile that with the little thing called a salary cap ? No club has a couple of hundred $K laying around just on the off chance they need to upgrade a few contracts here and there. If it was that easy they would have done it by now.

Back end it

It's not a case of someone being to blame, at the time Orr and Cherry agreed to that deal it was the best they had available. In hindsight it's a great deal for Manly and a poor one for Cherry but that's just the way it goes.

eagles2win said:
I think I'll come a NRL player manager, s**t if Orr still has a job after this mismanagement something is wrong.

Chip and Chase said:
eagles2win said:

Base
Bonus for NRL debut
Bonus for Premiership
Bonus for Rep football

Back end it

That's why we are in the mess we are in at the moment. Can't backend everyone, just delays the inevitable.

Chip and Chase said:
eagles2win said:
I think I'll come a NRL player manager, s**t if Orr still has a job after this mismanagement something is wrong.

Chip and Chase said:
eagles2win said:

Base
Bonus for NRL debut
Bonus for Premiership
Bonus for Rep football

Back end it

That's why we are in the mess we are in at the moment. Can't backend everyone, just delays the inevitable.

The mess we're in at the moment nearly every club has got - it's just that we're a high profile target.

Every team has players off contract/coming off contract due to the tv deal. With many player managers holding back to the new tv deal is struck and the salary cap is upped.

Increased Salary Cap won't make a lick of difference, if the salary cap is increased by 25% because of new TV deal then it just means that every player will expect/get 25% increase in salary. In fact it is my understanding that any contracts signed recently have a clause that indexes their value to any increase in the cap anyway. The TV deal /potential salary cap increase is not going to be the panacea that some are making it out to be. All it means is that it will still be a juggling act to fit 25 players under the cap, just with a greater overall $$$ value.

The increased Cap mainly provides for a more competitive salary arrangement from minimum wage players upwards to compete with other sports.

If the Cap increase doesn't see a change in the deal between the League and the RLPA to increase the minimum wages/allowances, we'll simply see all the additional monies go to the top 5-6 in each club.

Hamster Huey said:
If the Cap increase doesn't see a change in the deal between the League and the RLPA to increase the minimum wages/allowances, we'll simply see all the additional monies go to the top 5-6 in each club.

Pretty sure thats in the pipeline already.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7