• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never really got why Ox copped the abuse from Manly fans, he was a major factor of that dominate period. His combination with Watmough was comparable with Lyons/Menzies IMO.

He was a key signing in our quest to become a premiership force, and he delivered.
The conversions and drop outs were always a worry, though :)

Never really got why Ox copped the abuse from Manly fans, he was a major factor of that dominate period. His combination with Watmough was comparable with Lyons/Menzies IMO.
It was the idiots in the Monaghan camp. I guess a Dally M and 40-0 silenced them....

Ox was massive for us 06,07 and 08. He captained us to a premiership. He was a great buy and he should go down as a Manly great.

Poor old oxy had a tough 09 though. I think persistent groin injuries got the better of him and it showed with those kick offs and drop outs.

All in all though what a little legend and great career overall. He had a massive amount of passion and heart and will always be a manly legend in my eyes.

I have checked the stats again and what is AMAZING is that Matt Orford was the ONLY Premiership winning Captain to win a Premiership as Captain and also winthe Dally M in the same year up until last year!
I had actually thought that he shared this with Terry Lamb however Terry Lamb actually played for Westswhen he won rather than Canterbury.

So OX really was in illusive company and now only shares this honour with the GREAT JT.

For the knockers of the OX this records is there as testament of his ability and not to mention the greatest ever Grand Final win in the History of the NRL.

Feel free to prove me wrong and check the stats.

Orford was an honest toiler who, despite rarely dominating a game, always played his role to perfection.
He deserved every bit of his position in the 2008 record breaking grand final side, and the interview on the field after the siren just showed a man full of joy. He no longer had to explain himself. He made it to the top.
NYEagle

Orford was an honest toiler who, despite rarely dominating a game, always played his role to perfection.
He deserved every bit of his position in the 2008 record breaking grand final side, and the interview on the field after the siren just showed a man full of joy. He no longer had to explain himself. He made it to the top.
NYEagle

I remember when we signed him i watched a Melbourne game to see what kind of player we'd bought

At the time my interest in the game was regrowing after the years of death

I watched him closely and even though he was elsewhere next year he busted his ass and showed his brilliance,i remember being extremely confident come 06 we'd be a force again after the Monaghan debacle had crueled 05

Every game he put his heart and soul into, this was a man who gave his all every game and even though he was never the GOAT i loved him regardless

In the commentary of the game i watched they were saying that Melbourne would have a hard time and they had a kid in mind by the name of Cooper Cronk

I laughed my ass off thinking they'd be ruined using the poor kid with an unfortunate name

History shows i was half right

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4