The other game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll be up there. Wanted to go last year but couldn't make it. Should be a top game hopefully. Looking for Gorgeous George to really lay the platform and take no **** from the All Stars. Hopefully Jamie can get a bit of room out there as well. Thinking the Indigenous side will win. If I wasn't going I would have gone to the game tonight but I am flying up there this arvo from Sydney. Might see you up there ant. Look out for the biggest dude in a Manly geurnsey.

Just keep your fingers crossed that neither of them cop a serious injury

It was deafening last year and a great atmosphere. Not that i remember much of it. I was under the influence of ....... Broad beach was packed afterwards too!

I'm not a massive fan of the concept.
If I was playing, obviously I'd only be eligible for the NRL Allstars team. In SOO & internationals, that's how you know who to go for.
The whole idea of cheering on a bunch of guys representing the rest of the world to go & smash a bunch of "Abo's" just doesn't sit well with me. There's something a little too close to a page in history that we're trying to recover from in that for me.
I can understand it from the perspective of the Indigenous guys but I can't feel any connection to it myself.

Still, it'll be good to see a bit of proper, 1st grade footy.

Good to see ex Parramatta and Cronulla player Henry Perenara get a crack too. Don't think he'll get the pea. Probably more like an in goal judge. If they have them??

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297383218[/time]

Duff link said:
I'm not a massive fan of the concept.
If I was playing, obviously I'd only be eligible for the NRL Allstars team. In SOO & internationals, that's how you know who to go for.
The whole idea of cheering on a bunch of guys representing the rest of the world to go & smash a bunch of \"Abo's\" just doesn't sit well with me. There's something a little too close to a page in history that we're trying to recover from in that for me.
I can understand it from the perspective of the Indigenous guys but I can't feel any connection to it myself.

Still, it'll be good to see a bit of proper, 1st grade footy.

Mate i was of the same opinion when i went last year. All the white fellas were going for the all stars and all the black fellas were going for the indigenious side. But it was a great atmosphere and the loudest game of football i have ever seen. I didn't see any of the sort of trouble i assumed may be around. I guess if it doesn't worry them why should it worry me?

Can't you just cheer the good play of both teams? For example.

Why would you prefer to see Benji Marshall's team smash George Rose's team?

Revolutionary suggestion, I know, but it's not a normal comp game. I think it is for a celebration of indigenous talent so even though I'm white I'm happy to cheer for them too.

Without tribalism, sport becomes mere entertainment.
It loses something.

For a celebration of indigenous talent, I'd much rather see an all indigenous SOO.

I'm a little hesitant to start this conversation SER8 but if i'm not indigenious why would i go for the indigenious side? Don't think many black fellas will be going for the white fellas! That was my point. If they're happy to segregate themselves for the sake of this game then i'm happy to go for the other team.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8