The other factional side to Board Wars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
It's interesting that the so-called Manly Board wars seems to have also seen the two large Sydney media entities take sides. I guess our so-called drama sells copy at a time when newspaper sales are in terminal decline. Interesting the DT, aka News Ltd, on the so-called Penn side. Fairfax on the so-called FC side. And all this emerging from the gun smoke of who Manly was aligned to during the Super League era. I'm starting to think there are no 'right and wrong' sides in the saga, just a lot of conflicting agendas that can't be reconciled by playing pistols at dawn via the back pages of Sydney newspapers.

My observations on the impact of these media entities:
1. News Ltd will go for the throat more than Fairfax and seem to have a propensity to not care about defamation pay outs.
2. News Ltd are more widely read in general across Sydney.
3. Fairfax are more widely read in Manly's constituency.
4. The Manly Daily haven't picked a side yet.
5. Fairfax are going broke quicker of the two.
6. Since when did News Ltd have Manly's interests at heart?

And Rothfield flapping his gums about it AGAIN, today.

And Terry Kennedy on the roast, how this dope would know whats going on

Frogz said:
And Rothfield flapping his gums about it AGAIN, today.

He might not be a favourite here but he is alleging more explosive financial evidence to emerge. And given the general trend, it probably will mean Branson will have more headlines to peruse. Is it o mucho ask for newspapers to cover what looks to be a fantastic upcoming finals series?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6