The one reason why the Sea Eagles won't be Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan

Hi all,
Long time reader first time poster :)
Let me start by saying this is not something I particuarly like, but rather something I can't help but think of and be in the back of my mind.
What worries me as we enter the finals.
The Brett Stewart trial begins on September 13, thats the Monday following the first weekend of the finals. In all reality we will be forced the play the second weekend of the finals. The Stewart trial is likely to take in excess of a few days and will completely over take the media throughout the finals series. I somehow just dont believe that the team will be able to avoid all of that distraction and limelight before such important games..
I really fear it will strongly effect our finals campaign, whatever the outcome..

**For the record, I completely believe and understand that a criminal court case of this nature is much more important then a footy finals series**

**also it's important that this topic is about football, not the trial. Theres not much we can say about the trial without getting ourselves into trouble.**

Thanks for your one reason why the sea eagles wont be premiers . the great news here is that there are over 100 reasons why we will be premiers

You are right about one thing, the trial is the elephant in the room that everyone will have in mind without actually talking about.

Not sure why you say the trial is likely to go for more than a few days. I can imagine the psychological boost to the squad upon an acquittal would be immense.

The reason "at this stage" we wont be Premiers is because we have been way too inconsistent, some of our big guns haven't fired and our defence has been a little fragile. HOWEVER there is nothing to stop us turning this around. I think if we can finish 5th or 6th the pressure of finals footy will suit us & we can give the thing an almighty shake.

Yeah, if the trial was to be over within a day and Stewart found not guilty then sure it would be a huge boost. However something tells me this will go for more then one day. The longer it lingers, the more it will distract training. Trust me bozo, I want us to win this thing. And I know theres a 100 reasons why we can, but I just can't help but fear this could over-ride them all..

just remember brother adversity has a way of bringing the best in people. all is well and we are on our way to another premiership win!!!

I wish the negative pricks would just fark orrrfff..... You can come back on here after the campaign is over and start the " i told you so threads"....forget B Stewart, as any factor regardless of outcome of trial.... the only thing that will see us drop out is ,  lack of attitude and execution , ON the field....i think the players have already got their heads around the possibilities of the B Stewart trial...( less Glenn maybe ), and would have have over a year and a half to do so ??...2 games to go and then we are hopefully locked into a semi series with teams  IMO , we can beat , if we show up.

yes , i understand we have players out..yes i know we havent been a top team this year, laddert wise...but F^#K ME..if being a manly fan hasnt shown you the arse-iness of the 95- dogs , dragquuens -96 to make the GF , even the 2005 GF,  parra last year , drugcastle in 97 , do i need to go on....support the team while they are still alive....the drama lamas can do their autopsies once the season is over.

Nothing against anyone individually , esp the poster of this thread , but collectively , the attitude does my head in......if we were realistic , then the season should be no better than last year , in that stewart is missing again , oh and we have a new inexperienced halves combo....blew some games when we were up by 20 , so lets give in eh ????  I think im a realist , and i didnt think we could win the comp at the start of the year , i thought if we could finish top 4 , maybe we can arse a premiership , like some have against us !  We are thereabouts , so why not just try and stay positive guys ??

Look at it another way

Maybe seeing the **** Brett will go through will have Stewart, Watmough, Matai and co taking the field on angry pills and the opposition won't know what has hit them

Stewart in particular has been unnaturally aggressive lately, in the Tigers and Storm games in particular

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6