1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The NZ Commentators

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by deadlyeagle, Jun 22, 2008.

1. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Ok is it just me or every time i listen to the NZ commentators they are one of the most biased one sided commentators that i have heard.

This is also comparing to the CH 9 commentary team who are terrible, i laugh at M.Johns commentating in Tigers matches boy doesn't he love them, in addition of his useful insight of any team that plays against Manly should "go through the middle" because apparently "that is where they (manly) are weak", considering we have the best defensive ruck in the comp lol.

On the positive side i do rate the Foxtell commentating team as long as Gordan tallis isn't commentating :p, and glad Lorrie went to ch 9.

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,769 / 72
    It just goes to show how bad the video ref was a not awarding tries when the kiwi commentators even thought Manly were hard done by.

3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    No its not just you. Annoying, biased and worst of all, terrible to listen too & offer little or nothing to actually explain the game THEY are WATCHING.

Embarrasingly stupid today when two of them argued over a player being stewart or bryant for a try.

4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    They get bagged over here on the TV, Radio, in the papers, and by the general public, but they never get the punt. Nobody at all rates them

Bring back Graeme Hughes

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    They add no atmosphere and almost make the game boring

6. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Actually they seemed quite partial today

7. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    yes that was due to the fact that one of the co-commentators had a bet on manly in the pre chat before the game. But my point is as a commentator your JOB is to commentate without biases, discrimination (not saying they discriminate) ect.

So when you listen, the commentators refer the warriors as "our team" use terms such as "we" and "us" when commontating on the warriors. This blatenly shows that they are on the side of the warriors.

Oh forgot to mention i do enjoy listening to Ray Warren on ch 9 most of the time.

8. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    i actaully thought they werent as bad as normal today.

The one who sounds gay i think its ropati he sounded like he had a gorilla on us. He was creaming himself about how good we are

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    The guys they use for ABC radio are terrible.  But I thought the Sky commentators were quite balanced compared to the biased nonsense the Ch 9 crew dish up.

10. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Don't start me on the 3 blind mice on the Radio mata. They **** me to tears that lot, have been in a few arguments with them when they are on the radio at times

11. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Wopo pretty much engraved our name on the trophy last night on the show he presents over here

Said that the fact we have 1 player in Origin means we will get a nice run over Origin, our top players will be fresher come finals time, and they will all have a point to prove to selectors

Micheal Luck was also on the show, and he rated our defence along with the Sharks as the toughest they have played against this year